• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF 100 : Leave Pass [Merged]

trucker00

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone have a electronic leave pass that can be emailed to me.

Thanks
Trucker

I have been told that I can only take 2 weekend days for every 5 ann, does anyone know if this is infact a dnd policy or some made up unit policy.  I have read CFAO 16-1 and all my research has told me that I am entitled to the weekend before and after my ann days.

Also the shift workers in my unit work for 5 days and then they get 5 off, but if they take 10 annual, that would leave 15 days off (NDO), but they are only allowed to put 10 NDO  on the leave pass, again this seems off because if one of the members were booking a trip, the leave pass would be 5 days short.

Just trying to educate myself, as I am not one of those guys when asked a question about things like this to say, thats the way it's always been...even though it could be wrong

Sub_Guy said:
I have been told that I can only take 2 weekend days for every 5 ann, does anyone know if this is infact a dnd policy or some made up unit policy.   I have read CFAO 16-1 and all my research has told me that I am entitled to the weekend before and after my ann days.

How many days in your week?

Simply, yes, you get both weekends unless you're supposed to work one of the weekends in which case you will not get weekend leave.

I take it you haven't had a Christmas leave pass yet, 3 Stats, 6 Weekend, 5 Annual and 2 Short for a total of 16 days off and only costing you 5 days annual. Guess that shoots down the 2 weekend per 5 annual rule you heard.

As a general rule, if you're taking a Fri or Mon off, always put the weekend on your leave pass in addition to the one day of annual or short.

Sub_Guy said:
I have been told that I can only take 2 weekend days for every 5 ann, does anyone know if this is infact a dnd policy or some made up unit policy.   I have read CFAO 16-1 and all my research has told me that I am entitled to the weekend before and after my ann days.
There are only seven days in a week.  If you use five days Annual, that leaves you only two days Weekend.  When you use any Annual Leave, weekends are not counted as Annual, but as Weekend.  Yess you can use the two Weekend from the week prior/after your weeks leave of 5 Annual and 2 Weekend to total 5 Annual and 4 Weekend.

Sub_Guy said:
Also the shift workers in my unit work for 5 days and then they get 5 off, but if they take 10 annual, that would leave 15 days off (NDO), but they are only allowed to put 10 NDO   on the leave pass, again this seems off because if one of the members were booking a trip, the leave pass would be 5 days short.
Shift workers have different 'Lve" arrangements.  Their 5 days in this example are probably equated to weekend days and will not be counted as Annual.  

Forgot to mention, you don't always get 4 weekend with 5 annual, it all depends on when you take the annual. Mon-Fri, yes you get 4 weekend days, Wed-Tues, you only get 2 weekend days.

Clear as mud?

See CFAO 16-1 LEAVE

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/admfincs/subjects/cfao/016-01_e.asp

found in this thread:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/35112.0.html

Another thread on the topic:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/25703.0.html

True enough...  But I have been posted to ships as an OS - LS and the policy on one of the (EAST COAST) ships was that you can only take 2 weekends with 5 annual, you had to choose what weekend you wanted either before the leave started or after the leave. This example only applies to a Mon - Fri leave pass.

The shift work goes like this.

Day 1 1900-0700
Day 2 1900-0700
Day 3 - Off
Day 4 0700-1900
Day 5 0700-1900

5 full days off, then you come on in to work on the 6th day @ 1900 and start the rotation again.    To get the entire set off you have to take 5 days ann, which makes some sense. 

Here is an example of what is bugging me

Lets say I work the 5  days, and I want to take 10 annual meaning I will miss the next two rotations of the shift work.  There are 15 days off in that period, but I am only entitled to put 10 annual and 10 NDO (days off) on my leave pass.  Leaving me with 5 empty days, which I was always under the impression that in order for me to be covered for anything I need a stamped leave pass.

Lets say my shift ends on the 31st of the month,  and I want to put in a leave pass for the next two shifts off.

1st - 5th NDO days
6th - 10th Ann leave
11 - 15 NDO Days
16 - 20 ann leave
21 -25 Ndo days

26th-30th - Leave over back to work.

With the policy where I am happily employed a stamped leave pass will only cover 20 days, but in reality I am off for 25.  They won't entertain the idea of having more NDO days than Ann on a leave pass.  Which baffles me.

You guys get weekends off?  Man, I need to talk to my boss...

So I am going on HLTA soon.........and I have a leave pass (military leave pass tis what we get) however the dates are wrong. The correct block is there, but there has been a mistake made on the return dates (effectively giving me 2 extra days of leave). I have tried to correct this but told that no, its fine. Now part of me says OK I'm claiming extra leave that I am not entitled to, but the other part of me says OK, I have a signed leave pass, I'm on leave until then.
Keep in mind that we follow pretty much the same orders as military personnel (being part of NSE and all.........). I've never had to deal with a leave pass that was more than four days so I'm a little confuzzled.

If you're still in theatre, double, triple, quadruple check the dates. Ensure that the dates furnished by CFPSA and the orderly room match up. Ask questions. Check with others on your block and compare your dates to theirs. Quite likely, someone is counting your theatre to airhead / airhead to theatre days as leave, when they're duty. It's not worth going to jail over.

Catalyst said:
So I am going on HLTA soon.........and I have a leave pass (military leave pass tis what we get) however the dates are wrong. SNIP
Keep in mind that we follow pretty much the same orders as military personnel (being part of NSE and all.........).

Aren't you IN the military?  What type of leave pass would you expect to get?  Maybe I'm missing something here?

I agree with the above, make sure the dates are correct.  If you don't it will cause issues down the line.

Harris said:
Aren't you IN the military?  What type of leave pass would you expect to get?  Maybe I'm missing something here?

I agree with the above, make sure the dates are correct.  If you don't it will cause issues down the line.

IIRC, Catalyst, while an Army CIC Officer, is working over here as a civillian.

As far as the leave pass, I think ModlrMike probably has it right. Make sure you have the dates right. Maybe you have more than you thought, but it always sucks when you have to fix it.

If you have done your due dillignece in following up on your concerns and the NSE OR says it's good to go then I'd go with it.  Are you certain it is incorrect?  HLTA leave and travel are a bit different than what you will normaly see in Canada and, unless there has been a change since I was there, should include a few buffer days in the location that shall not be mentioned ;)

Yup Catalyst is the PSP type who just happens to be a CIC officer (or the CIC officer who just happens to be a civilian). I live at Tim Hortons.

and was just curious.

Is it possible that the 2 extra days are meant to cover you while in Mirage?

BinRat55 said:
Is it possible that the 2 extra days are meant to cover you while in Mirage?

That's what they did when I was there.  Depending on one's flight timings, they would have an "extra" day or two of leave.  The actual leave period started at midnight (or 0001 hrs) on the day of your flight departure.  So if you had a flight at 2330, it kind of sucked.

Good day all.  I know I'm still the way FNG, but since I do Leave (and LOTS of it) I'd like to remind you of a few simple things you can do to make sure your leave doesn't get screwed up.  It's all about attention to detail.  Fill it out, look it over BEFORE you print it, make sure everything is correct, and then print it off.

Your Service Number, make sure it is correct (ie/ in the correct sequence)- DO NOT USE YOUR SOCIAL INSURANCE NUMBER.  I know this seems ridiculous, but it makes life difficult if a clerk has to go searching for you in HRMS.  Plus it increases the potential for error on your leave statement or that of another member.

Address on leave.  This is more for your CoC than anything, but unless you are spending the entire week of your leave at the Halifax Airport fill in something a little more concrete.

Correct dates.  Remember that the dates on your leave pass must correspond with the dates you are NOT working.  If your pass is from 14 April - 26 April but you're actually back at work on the 26th the correct dates would be 14 Apr - 25 Apr. Likewise, if you are taking weekend leave to go out of town, and also taking the following Tuesday off (but working the Monday) you require two separate leave passes.

Make sure you're using the correct type of leave.  Annual, Accumulated, Accrued, etc.  You must use all your annual before you can use your accumulated or accrued.

Put in the correct unit in the space provided.  I would assume you work for the Canadian Forces.  But if any of the above information is messed up, I need to know if you work at D Mil Pers or CLS, or where ever so I can look you up and correct the information.

One more note, if you do have someone fill out your CF100 for you, please ensure all the above information is correct before signing it and passing it in for signature.

thanks.

your friendly neighbourhood leave clerk.  :salute:

Back