• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CEOTP (Continuing Ed Officer Trg Plan) 2003-2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until the new numbers come out in April, yes they are...and after that who knows...I guess thats what the numbers will tell us.

A friend of mine was accepted CEOTP today for Armoroed ...  ???

Mack674 said:
A friend of mine was accepted CEOTP today for Armoroed ...  ???

Was this a serving member?  They have different dates and numbers from what I understand.

Yes, reservist - they leave for botp / cap in may or something and trades trg in sept
Im a reservist that came home from tour in august, im interested in going Infantry Officer

Mack674 said:
Yes, reservist - they leave for botp / cap in may or something and trades trg in sept
Im a reservist that came home from tour in august, im interested in going Infantry Officer

I believe the date already passed for this year's CEOTPs from the serving ranks...  I think there is a thread I saw somewhere around her mentioning that....  try a search.

I can't tell you about any regulations, but I can tell what I know about myself and other people in my platoon.

I am in my first week of botp, just finished IAP.  I am ceotp pilot.  I was a reservist fro 99-01, and a civilian from 01 until I started IAP, to my knowledge my reservist time was useful for me getting selected for the program, but I don't get any credit for it now that I'm in, pay or otherwise.  I am receiving OCdt scale A, and will be promoted to 2lt on completion of BOTP, (1 month from now). 

There are a few other ceotp members in my platoon, one of them infantry, and all of them are getting the same payscales, and will be promoted 2lt upon BOTP completion.  I know pitifully little about ceotp past what I've just told you.  I can't see them kicking out a trained pilot, (or any other trained officer with 12 years experience) after his/her first 12 year contract is over because I haven't completed a degree.

I just hope my career manager will know what the hell is going on when I get out of St Jean...

Robert

Dr Roboto -

Thanks, this is definitely further supporting a lot of the information I'm getting from other members "informally".  It would appear that the CFRG is referencing the old OCTP plan as there doesn't seem to be a public document out there clarifying promotion that anyone knows of, including the CFRG.

As previously discussed, I'll submit my app as soon as CEOTP opens (wish they would post this in an easy to see manner - calling the CFRC all the time is a bit silly) and we'll see what the offer states specifically.

Hi guys,

I've spent the last couple of days reading over all the CEOTP information I've been able to draw out of your site. I've been running searches like a madman but given im in the Arctic my internet is ridiculously slow, like it takes a minute to load between pages.

I have a few CEOTP specific questions-

1) If I send in my application RIGHT on April 1st for the program, and I complete my testing at the end of June, since that will be my first chance to leave my current soul crushing isolation, what happens after that? I guess what Im asking is- is that a similar application to the bulk of CEOTP applicants? How many BOTC/IAP courses does St.Jean do a year??

2) Is selection similar to the RCMP where you compete with applicants in your "region"? Like is there a quota for each province and territory? OR does selection happen at the national level?

3) can you do parts of your process in different areas? Like...in June I would be in Edmonton. But my application is through NWT. Would be possible to get the testing doen in Edmonton and have it forwarded? Obviously Edmonton might have its own applicants to be concerned about- but im just looking at possibilities.

4) Should I be accepted- I am in the unique position that I am already in treasury board housing. So I will not be entitled to it once I leave my current government job- what do my wife and two dogs do while I am training for a year? Am I entitled to a PMQ somehwere in the country or should I buy a house somewhere down south and then sell it once I find out where I am going?

5) I read the application FAQ, and its says to include a cover letter, so would it be safe to say that any extra information I provided will be taken under consideration? Photocopies of certificates, education plan, that sort've thing?

Obviously, the majority of this can be answered by my file manager, but Im just looking to increase my knowledge base of what I will be going through.
and finally,

Typically, between offer and course loading there is how much time? I cannot leave on two weeks notice as I have to work around the "north" and its inability to anything quickly.

Thank you any help you provide, and I appreciate you guys allowing me to lurk and read. Its gone a long way to keeping me calm.

I promise not to overkill with smilies.

Does anyone know how long the CEOTP recruiting program takes?  I know for NCM it can be as short as just a couple of months. 

CEOTP length?

As far as I know CEOTP is no different than going DEO with the exception that you are in the middle of a degree and have to complete it during your time in the CF as an officer.

I'm no expert on the subject but I think I have a pretty good grasp of it.  If you are NCM -> officer I think there is another program for that but I could be wrong.

J

mack333 said:
Does anyone know how long the CEOTP recruiting program takes?  I know for NCM it can be as short as just a couple of months. 

If you are a serving member, from what I have seen it takes 2-4 months from the time the selection board sits.  That is for the regular trades that do not involve the Aircrew Selection Centre.  If you are dealing with the ASC, the process this year is taking 3-6 months from the time the selection board meets due to them sitting again in order to select from the members that have passed the ASC.

If you are a civi, the time it takes to receive a selection message is much longer since there are many more applicants.  In that case, it depends on the number of applicants and can take well over a year.

Hey again,

I was recently contacted by a recruiting officer and i asked a bunch about ROTP. He said if i didnt want to wait a year until '09 then i could try the direct entry method with CEOTP.

He said the 80+ average rule applies, and I have about a 85-90 (probably around 87-88 in more exact terms) for my ending average this year for G12. I also have a job for over a year and such. Is a mid to high 80's average good to compete? ( i fully understand that averages are only the surface of what CF wants in an officer). Anyone know how many slots are usually in use with CEOTP? (he said its difficult to enter but worth a try).

Sorry for the questions, heh.

-Marshall  :cdn:

As a starting point, what occupation(s) are you interested in?  Some Officer trades/occupations are/are not open to CEOTP, which varies from year to year. 

Well currently im interested in Officer for Infantry or Armour. He seemed to act like they were apart of the demands? (said these types of roles are usually in a moderate demand)

Both Armd and Inf CEOTP will be competitive this year.

As of May 08 there were 3 Armd CEOTP and 7 Inf CEOTP positions nationally.

For CEOTP in addition to having completed Gr 12 at the univ prep level, they are looking well rounded applicants with leadership experiences.

Applications for ROTP 2009 are being accepted now, IMHO a better way to go.  Your call, good luck.   

DRT said:

For CEOTP in addition to having completed Gr 12 at the univ prep level, they are looking well rounded applicants with leadership experiences.

Applications for ROTP 2009 are being accepted now, IMHO a better way to go.  Your call, good luck.   

thanks for info. And if CEOTP doesnt work then i will be trying for ROTP 2009

DRT said:

Are you talking CEOTP positions available thru DMCARM ISS (internal) AND ones that are pushed out to CFRG?  Because I thought there were numbers for each (read people already in looking to CFR, and ones 'off the street' with positions/#s allotted to each.

I am faced with a possible dilemma in the ROTP pilot process. I am torn between RMC and UWO C.A.M.P program. For those who may not know the CAMP program is sponsored by the DND to train/streamline pilots into the forces through UWO.

Does anyone have any experience with UWO and this program versus RMC. Speaking pilot MOC strictly, which one would be more beneficial in the long run? From the research which I have done, you bypass BFT since you receive a Commercial License while attending school and advance to the latter part of training.

Magic said:
I am faced with a possible dilemma in the ROTP pilot process. I am torn between RMC and UWO C.A.M.P program. For those who may not know the CAMP program is sponsored by the DND to train/streamline pilots into the forces through UWO.

Does anyone have any experience with UWO and this program versus RMC. Speaking pilot MOC strictly, which one would be more beneficial in the long run? From the research which I have done, you bypass BFT since you receive a Commercial License while attending school and advance to the latter part of training.

OK.  Time for you to do some research.  CAMP is a brand new program.  So new, you are probably on the very first course.  If you really want information, you should go back to your CFRC and talk to them, then do some research into UWO's program. 

Does that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back