• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CEOTP (Continuing Ed Officer Trg Plan) 2003-2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I'm late to reply to some of these questions. There was one member who joined from the program, but he already had a degree from another school so his situation was different. He just quit Seneca and joined DEO. Last I heard there was one civvie fellow that was in the process of switching over from first year and was at the interview/medical stage of his military application. I believe the school was going to give him credit for his first year. And that is the only instance the school will grant credit. When I checked in last time, the school and CF had no official policy on people transferring from the civvie Seneca program, so it would be best in my opinion to contact the Program Chair (on the Seneca website) directly and through her, the Seneca Liaison Officer. Hope this helps.

Hey, This is my first time here and have a question for anyone who definitely knows; when is the start date for the CEOTP students applying now assuming all goes well (medical, aircrew, admissions, etc)?  A lot of formal documentation states semester 1 is a Sept start date, however someone here had a start date for BMOQ in Aug 2014 and starting semester 1 in Jan.  Applying that to me, I wouldn't start in Seneca until Jan 2016, correct?  If that wasn't the case and semester 1 is a Sept start date, then BMOQ would be starting May-'ish' right?  Thanks. 

ps For all you young guys doing this; count your blessings.  Stressing out about selling a home, moving a family, finding off-campus living, planning the next pregnancy/due date and re-learning math from over a decade ago is a bag of trash!

mmbarrett said:
Hey, This is my first time here and have a question for anyone who definitely knows; when is the start date for the CEOTP students applying now assuming all goes well (medical, aircrew, admissions, etc)?  A lot of formal documentation states semester 1 is a Sept start date, however someone here had a start date for BMOQ in Aug 2014 and starting semester 1 in Jan.  Applying that to me, I wouldn't start in Seneca until Jan 2016, correct?  If that wasn't the case and semester 1 is a Sept start date, then BMOQ would be starting May-'ish' right?  Thanks. 

ps For all you young guys doing this; count your blessings.  Stressing out about selling a home, moving a family, finding off-campus living, planning the next pregnancy/due date and re-learning math from over a decade ago is a bag of trash!

I do believe that the actual College start date will always be Sep.  Your enrolment date will be the main trigger for everything.  Optimum, is enrol in the later part of the year or early in the year for BMOQ attendance (ie; Sep or Jan).  Followed by PFT Ph 1 in the spring or summer, then onto Semester 1 at Seneca in Sep.  I don't think you will ever go straight to Seneca without having already attending either BMOQ PFT Ph 1.

This is my first post, so I'd like to start out by saying hello to you all and I look forward to being a part of these forums, they are always very insightful and it's nice to have a place to seek information from actual members.
I am currently a high school student at the end of Grade 12 in processing, currently done everything except for the in- depth medical, to become a pilot in the CAF. The program I was interested in at the moment is the CEOTP program in which the forces offer through Seneca College, but I have heard pretty mixed reviews on it as I did my research on the internet. I know the program is different than when first implemented, the most recent news I have heard from it is that Seneca no longer requires an entrance exam for entering the program.
I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with the CEOTP program, or even if anyone thinks I have any better options. I'd just overall like to hear some experiences everyone had becoming a pilot, any tips for an aspiring pilot, or any warnings for me.
I preemptively apologize if there is a more recent forum on this, like I had mentioned before I am still trying to find my way around here and most of the information I was able to find is fairly outdated.
Any thoughts?  :)

Jschof said:
I am currently a high school student at the end of Grade 12 in processing, currently done everything except for the in- depth medical, to become a pilot in the CAF. The program I was interested in at the moment is the CEOTP program in which the forces offer through Seneca College, but I have heard pretty mixed reviews on it as I did my research on the internet. I know the program is different than when first implemented, the most recent news I have heard from it is that Seneca no longer requires an entrance exam for entering the program.
I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with the CEOTP program, or even if anyone thinks I have any better options.

Your right, there is no longer a requirement to write the Seneca Entry Exam.  The screening requirements have changed and are now based on the submission of your high school academic transcripts.

What I can reasonably say, the CEOTP Program is academically demanding, interspersed with military training, so it is go go go.

The significant difference between CEOTP and ROTP Pilot applicants.......

CEOTP - $42,800+ per year, flying CF Aircraft in 4-5 years

ROTP  -  $18,800+ per year, flying CF Aircraft in 5-7 years

Hopefully, one of the current CEOTP Officers here chimes in.

Jschof said:
I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with the CEOTP program, or even if anyone thinks I have any better options.

CEOTP
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+CEOTP&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&gfe_rd=cr&ei=zu3nVJTOE-iy8wf04YCYDg&gws_rd=ssl

Jschof said:
I'd just overall like to hear some experiences everyone had becoming a pilot, any tips for an aspiring pilot, or any warnings for me.

The "So You Want To Be A Pilot" Merged Thread 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/12744.0

Ah, I had no idea the pay would be that much different DAA. That is the one tough part I figured would be the most demanding of the CEOTP, just the rapid speed you would be moving at. But let's face it, if you're planning on going into be a pilot, being a fast learner is a pretty important prerequisite to have hey?  :nod:
As to mariomike, I have read the "So you want to be a pilot", as well as the "So you want to be a fighter pilot?" posts religiously several times, definitely some of the most helpful forums I've found on here, however just like a lot of the help I have been able to find, they're slightly outdated for the most part. Obviously I understand that lot's hasn't changed, but there has been a bit that has too I would imagine. Just trying to get the most up to date information and testimonials that I can find. I've been able to read up a bit on the CEOTP, but I've been hard up to find actual stories from guys that have done it, or even a daily sort of schedule for someone in the program.
Even on the CAF website they are pretty vague in describing the whole process and my recruiting officer wasn't 100% either about the particulars.
Once again I apologize if I'm misinformed with any of my information or searching skills, not intending to waste anyone's time.
Thanks again!

Hello, not sure if this is the right spot to ask but here goes.  I’m currently in my final semester of Grade 12 and interested in being a Pilot in the CF and would like to try applying for the paid education Seneca College program.  I have asked around about how to do this but I was told that I have to wait until I graduated from High School before I could be considered.  I’m just wondering if this is true or should I apply now?

ethan.taylor

Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Armed Forces.

No that is not true. The CEOTP program is specifically targeted for students in their final semester/term of high school. If you are interested in the CEOTP program it is suggested that you apply online as soon as possible.

If you have any other question feel free to ask!

I applied to the CEOTP-Pilot program April 30, 2015 (6 days ago) and am extremely excited because this is my dream job. Today I made a move and met with a recruiter at the Hamilton RC in Ontario (my local RC). I had an interview with a captain, and told him that I have a 2-year college diploma with over 250 hours of volunteer experience and am physically fit and wanting a career for the long term not just . Will this help with my application process and further my chances of being accepted into this program? He never really answered me he just said having post secondary education is a good thing?? What are my chances of getting in to this program? Is it a difficult program to be accepted in to? Again this is my dream and any advice/ help???  :army:

InBound said:
I applied to the CEOTP-Pilot program April 30, 2015 (6 days ago) and am extremely excited because this is my dream job. Today I made a move and met with a recruiter at the Hamilton RC in Ontario (my local RC). I had an interview with a captain, and told him that I have a 2-year college diploma with over 250 hours of volunteer experience and am physically fit and wanting a career for the long term not just . Will this help with my application process and further my chances of being accepted into this program? He never really answered me he just said having post secondary education is a good thing?? What are my chances of getting in to this program? Is it a difficult program to be accepted in to? Again this is my dream and any advice/ help???  :army:

You will be subject to the same processing as any other Pilot applicant (CFAT, Medical, Interview, Aircrew Selection, etc, etc).  You will also be subject to the "Admission Requirements" for the program at Seneca College.  However, your course pattern is modified to meet military training requirements and should you be successful and receive an offer of employment, will usually consist of BMOQ, Phase 1 Pilot Trg, Seneca Semester 1 and 2, Phase 2 and 3 Pilot Training, Seneca Semesters 3, 4 and 5 followed by a posting to an OTU (Operational Training Unit).  Somewhere in there, you will also have to complete the CAFJOD and AFOD training/courses.

Good luck on the long journey ahead of you!

Oh and to answer your question of "What are my chances of getting into this program?"  For starters, you had better VERY VERY well on your CFAT!!!

Seneca Entry Requirements  ---->  http://www.senecacollege.ca/fulltime/FPR.html

About to enroll in the CEOTP program through Seneca as well. Applied to CF a week ago and am awaiting "first contact", went to my recruiter and he gave me the Seneca application form and I'm taking that and my transcripts this week. I have a 2 year college diploma and over 250 hours volunteer work, good rapport with the RC contact so I'm really hopeful I can go through to this program. Any one else in the CEOTP or with any advice/ knowledge feel free to share. Would be greatly appreciated.

I think one on the "watch outs for the Seneca route is that you have to pass or your out. With ROTP if you fail in one of the phases BMOQ, Phase II or Phase III you can recourse into another trade and still be a CF officer. With the CEOTP your gone if you fail and that could be costly.

It is a good program and does pay better but there can be no mistakes or changing of your mind. Keep in mind that phase II is tough and hard.

Im trying to apply online for the CEOTP pilot and on the website it says "If you would like to apply to the combined degree and pilot training program, select “CEOTP – Pilot” when filling out the online application." but I cant find anywhere on the application where I can select that. Does anyone know what i'm supposed to do?

Hey I was just wondering if applying online is the only way to apply for the paid education at Seneca to become a pilot. When I tried to apply online, I got stuck at a part where it asked for the high school I have already graduated/degree I've obtained. However, being the 12th grade I have not finished high school. I made sure to select CEOTP when it asked for an entry plan.

Select the "highest level" of education completed or currently being completed (ie; High School - Complete).  These details can be mentioned to your local Recruiting Detachment and updated appropriately when you are scheduled for your initial testing.

Hi!

I recently applied for the Seneca College pilot program. I passed my CFAT about two weeks ago.
I browsed the forums and could not find an answear to my question. Since the next admission in
Seneca is scheduled for Fall 2017, I almost have an entire year to spend. Are there some courses
that I can take right now at my local university (maths,etc.) and have them credited for later on?

Thanks!

Davy

The CEOTP-AEAD Pilot Entry Plan is very unique in nature.  Your courses conducted at Seneca College are scheduled and managed by the CAF and consist of successful CAF applicants only.

Successful CEOTP-AEAD applicants upon enrolment, will attend BMOQ in St Jean followed by Phase 1 Pilot Training just prior to attending Seneca College.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back