• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANSEC 2008

Matt_Fisher

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
At the request of some, I'm starting a thread on the upcoming CANSEC 2008 Exhibition, April 9 & 10 at the Congress Centre in Ottawa, ON.

CP Gear is exhibiting at booth 2106.

Cansec Backgrounder:
CANSEC 2008 will feature product presentations and capability displays of Canada's leading edge defence and security technologies to a wide audience that includes Government agencies and Departments with interests in security, public safety, risk mitigation, threat response and emergency planning.

It is the nineth exhibition in the highly successful CANSEC series, which has demonstrated the value in bringing security practitioners together with their supporting industry counterparts.

Recognizing the importance of national and continental security, in the current operating environment, this event will showcase the industrial capabilities and service offerings designed to further Canada's objectives in meeting domestic and international security

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Attendance at CANSEC is restricted to CADSI Members, government employees, Canadian military & security personnel, First Responders and accredited media.
Sorry, there are no exceptions.

As Canada's keystone defence and security expo, this is a great event not just for those in the National Capital Region, Kingston, and Petawawa, but anyone/anywhere within the CFs who has an interest in military equipment in the broadest spectrum possible.  There's everything there from Main Battle Tanks to FMP Covers.  Arrange through your command to attend as an exercise in professional development.  I look forward to seeing everyone there.

For more detailed information about the exhibition, please visit https://www.defenceandsecurity.ca/public/index.asp?action=cansec.welcome

One Shot Tactical is exhibiting at booth 2003.

CTOMS will be directly across from us.

Damn my leave ends on the 7th - I have been trying to push it back -- for I would be there with Aimpoint.

I'll be on Pre-deployment leave. :D 

edit....Just looked at Matt's CANSEC thread. If I don't need an invite do I need to register or anything to attend?

Canadian Sig said:
edit....Just looked at Matt's CANSEC thread. If I don't need an invite do I need to register or anything to attend?
You need to register: https://www.defenceandsecurity.ca/public/index.asp?action=cansec.welcome

Would be interesting but I am not going to join CADSI to go to one show and being retired I don't meet the other criteria.

This question goes out to Matt and Farmboy, will you have anything for sale at this show?

Not really.  I'll have a few display items that I will sell on thursday at a very good price rather than carrying it home 

I will have free Team Canada stickers for anyone who drops by the booth.  ;)

Have fun -- I wish I had quit work last week and flown back for it...

farmboy, be assured i will be there, looking forward to being there. Cheers

Wonder if you really need a business card to get in the door..... My buddy and I are thinking of taking a trip to Ottawa to go see the exhibits, but I'm not important enough to have military business cards made up.

insofar as what i know, you only need that if you are an exibiting businessman or of a government agency. If youve got a milID you can get in at the door no problem

Usually lots of free swag to be had from the exhibitors at these events...CP Gear included  ;)

haha care to save some of it for thursday as thats when I am hitting the show? cheers guys, and matt, if you happen to have a wimp and berry pouch hanging around in cadpat tw, i could maybe save you the weight of lugging it back? haha Cheers, look forward to meeting you all

Usually lots of free swag to be had from the exhibitors at these events

Unfortunatly CANSEC doesn't fall into this catagory, to many computer, technology companies.  I had to pull teeth just to get a couple pins last year  ::)

Shot Show is much, much better for swag.

Farmboy said:
Unfortunatly CANSEC doesn't fall into this catagory, to many computer, technology companies.  I had to pull teeth just to get a couple pins last year  ::)

Shot Show is much, much better for swag.

Depends on how much charm you've got.  ;D

Back