• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN on Pay and PIL

The PIL team Clerks were given contracts until 17 November 2014, so it's safe to assume they think their work will take until ~ October 2014, with an extra month left for problem files.

Almostthere said:
From what i have seen so far, but i only know 2 peoples who has received PLI, the amount will show on you`re pay guide.

That has to be the hardest, single sentence to read, that has been posted here in some time.

Please pay attention to what, and how, you are writing things to post.

I found this online http://www.familyforce.ca/sites/Edmonton/EN/Documents/The%20Bottom%20Line%20on%20Severance%20PayV4.pdf. It says if a part-time soldier who was continuously enrolled and worked 60 days a year for 8 years will now earn 8 years' worth of benefits: 7 days of pay x 8 years. So if you have 5 years in but have less then 60 days in the last year because of school, you only get paid for 4 years?

No.  For a reservist with only Reserve service, the formula to determine entiltlement is "Total enrolled time - NES time - ED&T time (except for MATA/PATA)".  (Enrolled time, of course, limited to the cut-off date for CFSP).  Fractional years are paid.

Days worked is irrelevant.

dapaterson said:
No.  For a reservist with only Reserve service, the formula to determine entiltlement is "Total enrolled time - NES time - ED&T time (except for MATA/PATA)".  (Enrolled time, of course, limited to the cut-off date for CFSP).  Fractional years are paid.

Hmm... My original post disappeared?  :-\

Unfortunately this means the guy who enrolled in 2008 and who attends every parade night and weekend exercise is paid the same as the guy who enrolled in 2008, who attends one parade night per month, and doesn't know what an exercise is.

ARMY_101 said:
The PIL team Clerks were given contracts until 17 November 2014, so it's safe to assume they think their work will take until ~ October 2014, with an extra month left for problem files.

Don't fret your little heart out over the length of their SOU's.  That is no indication as to the end date of that task.  They can not be hired for a period that exceeds more than three years at a time.  If they have been hired for a period that ends on 17 November 2014, that does not mean the end of that tasking.  It only means that for that task, they will have to be hired under a new SOU for another fixed period that can not exceed three years.

ARMY_101 said:

Unfortunately this means the guy who enrolled in 2008 and who attends every parade night and weekend exercise is paid the same as the guy who enrolled in 2008, who attends one parade night per month, and doesn't know what an exercise is.

So?  Do you work every minute, of every day, of every year?  You are trying to compare apples to oranges.  Get over it.

ARMY_101 said:

Yes.  It's imperfect.  Because the admin work required to do otherwise would have been immense and employed an elevated level of subjectivity.

Besides, the chain of command has tools to cull the herds of the "once a month wonders" in the Reserves.  That they may choose not to employ them is another issue.

George Wallace said:
Don't fret your little heart out over the length of their SOU's.  That is no indication as to the end date of that task.  They can not be hired for a period that exceeds more than three years at a time.  If they have been hired for a period that ends on 17 November 2014, that does not mean the end of that tasking.  It only means that for that task, they will have to be hired under a new SOU for another fixed period that can not exceed three years.

They were hired in December 2012. Seems a little odd to give them 23-month contracts if the November 2014 end date wasn't the target they had in mind, doesn't it?

ARMY_101 said:
They were hired in December 2012. Seems a little odd to give them 23-month contracts if the November 2014 end date wasn't the target they had in mind, doesn't it?

Now that is a question you can ask the "Bean Counters".  There often is no rhyme, nor reason, it seems, to some of their operating procedures.    ;D

ARMY_101 said:

George Wallace said:
Now that is a question you can ask the "Bean Counters".  There often is no rhyme, nor reason, it seems, to some of their operating procedures.    ;D

Why lock yourself into a 3 year contract when you can give a contract for 18 months, then keep extending in 3 or 6 month increments?

ARMY_101 said:

Why are you even concerned with this?

I mean, who really cares, so long as they're getting the job done?

GAP said:
Why lock yourself into a 3 year contract when you can give a contract for 18 months, then keep extending in 3 or 6 month increments?

Anything under 180 days Class B exempts you from Medical and Dental coverage by the CAF.

.......................and the paperwork involved in constantly renewing SOU's....(often at the very last minute, resulting in really qualified and ambitious individuals finding a better, higher paying job elsewhere)....  ;D

GAP said:
So, what you're saying is that you think this process would have been made a whole lot more efficient by giving the people running it an incentive to take as long as possible doing it? That's Incentives 101.

Well received my severance which was taxed. No mention of it in my pay statement and it seems was lumped into my mid month pay as well.

Chief Stoker said:
Well received my severance which was taxed. No mention of it in my pay statement and it seems was lumped into my mid month pay as well.

Did you put the tax exemption form from CRA with it? Also, do you know when your paperwork hit Ottawa?

eastcoast99 said:
Did you put the tax exemption form from CRA with it? Also, do you know when your paperwork hit Ottawa?

I did initially but my severance buy back wiped out my what room I had, forcing me to pull my letter and be taxed. I have no idea when it went in, but other naval reserves in Halifax is starting to get theirs.

More of the 100%ers are seeing the money come in this month at my unit.  I'm happy for them as they seem happy.

dapaterson said:

Thanks dapaterson.

Has there been any other recent updates?  Curious as I submitted first week in March so it's nice to hear that they are getting close.

Sorry I don't want to be a pain with my questions it is just that I am away with little admin support and no DWAN access so I can't check out DMCA's site for any potential update -- just curious if anyone has any new news!

thanks!

Back