• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN on Pay and PIL

I am a 100%er with previous PRes service.  My file was rec'd by the PIL office on 1 Mar.  The full amount has just arrived on my Pay Guide for payment on 15 Oct.

It sounds like they are making great progress.

Congrats...wonder what day they are working on now, not sure how long it takes from the team sending your file to your OR to process it to your pay.

eastcoast99 said:
Congrats...wonder what day they are working on now, not sure how long it takes from the team sending your file to your OR to process it to your pay.

They're at least on or past 1 Mar 13, which should mean a large number of files are complete. Unless of course lots of units dumped files all on the last day (It was 15 Mar 13, correct?), then they're about to hit the backlog wall.

Correct me if im wrong, but from what i have read forms as to be fill and received at you`re OR unit no later than 28 March 2013 at 23H59. After that OR had until the 15 of April to send them to PIL team in Ottawa.

Base on the last update, 2013/09/17,PIL teams as review 11 642 files and has received over 44 600, so looks like at least 30 000 files left for audit. My guess is that pretty much all OR waited this the last week or so to send them...

New updates from this morning, Audits have been completed on 15,246 files and has received over 45,000 files to be audited, looks like they are still receiving files....Im starting to think that all info are pretty much BS :)

New update on the PIL site.
"The PIL Team has been fully operational for some months now and has received over 45,000 files to be audited. Audits have been completed on 15,246 files comprised of both Regular Force and Reserve Force.

Files are being audited based on the date the file has been received by the PIL Team in Ottawa, not the date the member submits the application to the support unit. Currently the team is auditing files received on 5 March 2013. The majority of the files that were received prior to this date have been audited and returned for payment. Those requiring additional information from either units and/or archives are put on hold until the information comes in."

Any word on the rumour about being bumped to the front of the line on retirement?

WOW, that's about 1200 files a week.  Those poor clerks must be going blind.

A file with only Reg F service is very straightforward to review & audit.  Similarly, a file with exclusively Res F service is straightforward, but not quite as simple as a Reg F file.

The files with a mix of both are more complex, and care is needed to ensure no time gets counted twice  For example, a Reservist with 12 years in joins the Regs, and received RFRG for those 12 years, and now claims PiL; those 12 years must be deducted from the calculation, but any fractional time left over in their Res service would be counted.

One third complete! That's quite a milestone for the team. At this rate just over half will have their cash in time for Christmas. Hopefully Santa treats the team well this Christmas.

I really hope I get mine before tax season this year for RRSP's.  :-X

Going to be fun to see all the people who took over $10,000 have to file another letter to CRA for next tax year if they don't get it done by 31 Dec 13, and then get it up to PIL team to withhold tax at source. Part of the reason why I elected just under $10,000, no need for letters every year.

I thought it was your unit OR that enters the PIL into your pay, thus taking off the tax and not the PIL team in Ottawa.  One member where i work was told yesterday that his 100% was authorized to be payed via phone call for OR and not email and will show up in mid october pay but its not on his pay guide.

From what i have seen so far, but i only know 2 peoples who has received PLI, the amount will show on you`re pay guide.

eastcoast99 said:
I thought it was your unit OR that enters the PIL into your pay, thus taking off the tax and not the PIL team in Ottawa.  One member where i work was told yesterday that his 100% was authorized to be payed via phone call for OR and not email and will show up in mid october pay but its not on his pay guide.

It's entered by RPPO, not the unit's Clerks.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they state that this would be complete by the end of the year? May be time to send some clerks on TD to help out.

I dont see that happens, so far in close to 6 months they did little bit more than 15000 files, huge works, and with the amounts of files left to work on, my guess is that if you are in the last one :) you`re file might be audit in Feb/march 2014.

Back