• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN on Pay and PIL

PPCLI Guy said:
Really. 

Are you one of the pers who were hired to do this task?  Or do you know someone who is processing the files?  Are you familiar with all of the steps of the process?  Where the source documents are stored and how they are accessed?

Unless you have answers for all of the questions above, then we can definitely agree on the huge assumption part of your post............

I do know several Clerks and supervisors working on the PIL team, and yes, the per-file work required when the files are complete, accurate, and straightforward is minimal.

Maybe the question should be.  If they are working on the last week of Feb, how long till those guys get theirs?  I know March might be different since it seems like some units waited until the last week of March to send theirs in.

Sunnyns said:
Maybe the question should be.  If they are working on the last week of Feb, how long till those guys get theirs?  I know March might be different since it seems like some units waited until the last week of March to send theirs in.

It depends on the individual, the complexity of their file, whether the clerk handling their file just got answers to a bunch of questions they sent out on difficult files and have returned to finalize those ones...  in short, it will be deposited when it is deposited, and not a day sooner.

eastcoast99 said:
...We were told , well I was over 20 years ago I would be entitled to this severance package, baring jail etc...as of last March, it stopped making money for me and with my investments over the years..this will be the tip of the iceburg and I am loosing money daily.

I'm certain that ArmyVern's words were intended to reiterate what many here have said...don't count on having it until you have it. 

You have described how you have an entitlement to the severance money.  Prior to the 'payment in lieu', you only had the entitlement once you released, so you would have not yet been entitled to that money.  With the 'payment in lieu', the entitlement to take up to 100% of your earned severance had the caveat stated up front, that processing would take time and that payments would not be immediate.

For you to describe the situation such that you are "loosing (sic) money daily" is overly dramatic.  If you don't think so, then why don't you calculate how much investment interest you are losing, and start preparing a grievance?  Whether you chose to grieve 'losing money' or not will indicate the validity or lack thereof of your complaint of entitlement un-honoured...

Regards
G2G

Good2Golf said:
I'm certain that ArmyVern's words were intended to reiterate what many here have said...don't count on having it until you have it. 

You have described how you have an entitlement to the severance money.  Prior to the 'payment in lieu', you only had the entitlement once you released, so you would have not yet been entitled to that money.  With the 'payment in lieu', the entitlement to take up to 100% of your earned severance had the caveat stated up front, that processing would take time and that payments would not be immediate.

For you to describe the situation such that you are "loosing (sic) money daily" is overly dramatic.  If you don't think so, then why don't you calculate how much investment interest you are losing, and start preparing a grievance?  Whether you chose to grieve 'losing money' or not will indicate the validity or lack thereof of your complaint of entitlement un-honoured...

Regards
G2G

You are obviously missing my point, and to be honest, I really don't have the time to try and make you understand it....This forum is really starting to look a lot like facebook, too much drama, when you want to state an opinion or ask a question...there is always someone looking to argue. So this is my last post. To the others on here that are sincere and understand a question or opinion , I say Thank You! To the rest, good luck!

So what exactly is it you want anyone to tell you?

Yes, you were entitled to the money.

You stated that because you haven't yet received the money to which you are entitled, that you have lost money (investment value).  Are you making a case that you should be compensated?

The fact is that you and I and anyone else who so choses to take part or all of their severance pay is entitled to it.  It just happens that it will take some time to get it.  Some have it already.  Others are still waiting.  Based on the uncertainty of when it will be received, common advice has been to not plan on anything that needs the money by a certain date, for which there can be no assurances as to when the money will be received.

Is there something in that advice with which you do not agree?

Regards
G2G

Good2Golf said:
So what exactly is it you want anyone to tell you?

Yes, you were entitled to the money.

You stated that because you haven't yet received the money to which you are entitled, that you have lost money (investment value).  Are you making a case that you should be compensated?

The fact is that you and I and anyone else who so choses to take part or all of their severance pay is entitled to it.  It just happens that it will take some time to get it.  Some have it already.  Others are still waiting.  Based on the uncertainty of when it will be received, common advice has been to not plan on anything that needs the money by a certain date, for which there can be no assurances as to when the money will be received.

Is there something in that advice with which you do not agree?

Regards
G2G

I agree.....have a nice day!

eastcoast99 said:
This forum is really starting to look a lot like facebook, too much drama, when you want to state an opinion or ask a question...there is always someone looking to argue.

The best part of "freedom of expression," of course, is that others are free to criticize if they see a weakness in your argument.

100% from Esquimalt, dropped my paperwork off right as they began collecting, no broken service, etc and I just received 5ish large this pay.

8)

How are you guys getting the info on your files? I sent an email to the PiL team and got an automated response saying they are unable to provide updates. I just want to ensure they got it.

Tcm621 said:
How are you guys getting the info on your files? I sent an email to the PiL team and got an automated response saying they are unable to provide updates. I just want to ensure they got it.

I got that email too, but the team leader still responded to my query promptly.

Jon

So here is some good news!  My husband's OR got his file back from Ottawa last week.  He's got Reserve and Reg time and is taking 100%.  OR said it could be paid out by end-Sept or mid Oct.  The only glitch in his is that he's been posted, so his old unit has to forward it to his new unit for payment.

No word on mine, I'm a mix of Reserve and Reg and taking 100% too.  But it came from a different OR, so it went to Ottawa at a different time. 

I am surprised nobody mentionned it before, I just got an official update via a PIL of CFSP Update message dated 291407Z AUG 13:

"1. SINCE THE IMPLEMENTATION OF PIL (PAYMENT IN LIEU) OF CFSP (CANADIAN FORCES SEVERANCE PAY), THE PIL TEAM HAS RECEIVED OVER 44000 FILES FOR AUDIT
  2.  AT THIS TIME WE ARE AUDITING THE FILES RECEIVED BY OUR OFFICE ON 22 FEB 13."

The_Dictat said:
I am surprised nobody mentionned it before, I just got an official update via a PIL of CFSP Update message dated 291407Z AUG 13:

"1. SINCE THE IMPLEMENTATION OF PIL (PAYMENT IN LIEU) OF CFSP (CANADIAN FORCES SEVERANCE PAY), THE PIL TEAM HAS RECEIVED OVER 44000 FILES FOR AUDIT
  2.  AT THIS TIME WE ARE AUDITING THE FILES RECEIVED BY OUR OFFICE ON 22 FEB 13."

If you check out page 35 (around 15 Aug) you'll see PPCLI Guy told us that this info was released on the Command net.

This topic is going dead, everyone has received their payment ? :)

For my part im in Valcartier and if the 50% have received their payment the 15th of May, nothing so far for the 100%.

Any news ?

Almostthere said:
This topic is going dead, everyone has received their payment ? :)

For my part im in Valcartier and if the 50% have received their payment the 15th of May, nothing so far for the 100%.

Any news ?

Yes:

Yup i am able to go on that site too, but this updated is from the 2013/08/28...So it`s not quite new.

Almostthere said:
Yup i am able to go on that site too, but this updated is from the 2013/08/28...So it`s not quite new.

Two weeks old.  You want them to provide updates or work on files?  ::)

Back