• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN on Pay and PIL

recceguy said:
They found a $2000 dollar severance, for 11 years served, that they gave me when I got out in '83. I was looking at 23 years Reserve x MWO(3), so around $31,000. However, as you may not exceed 30 years of severance they docked my Reserve time.

They reduced my 23 years Res down to 19 (+ 11 = 30 years).

So, 11 years Reg service grossed me a grand total of $2000 in severance.

The reduction from 23 down to 19 has cost me $5370

11 years was worth $2000, now 4 years is worth $5370. Even with inflation it's comical :facepalm:

C'est la vie, c'est la guerre, c'est la pomme de terre  :dunno:

;D

Wow... I got over 12k for 12.25 yrs of reserve service .......

NFLD Sapper said:
Wow... I got over 12k for 12.25 yrs of reserve service .......

That 11 years that they gave me $2000 for was '71 to '83.

A little different back then.

recceguy said:

Hold on... Was your time between Res and Reg broken or continuous?  I was told by my RMS folks that as my Res time was from 80-85 and my Reg time was from 89-present I couldn't get Jack for the Res time.  Were they mistaken and do I have some recourse perhaps?

jollyjacktar said:
Hold on... Was your time between Res and Reg broken or continuous?  I was told by my RMS folks that as my Res time was from 80-85 and my Reg time was from 89-present I couldn't get Jack for the Res time.  Were they mistaken and do I have some recourse perhaps?

Different issues.  CFSP is for continuous service, but you are capped at a maximum of 30 years lifetime.  Your 4 year hiatus means the 80-85 period doesn't count.

On the other hand, if you end up released medically (or due to some future FRP) you'd get additional CFSP up to your release date or 30 years.

Yes, I know that if I leave broken I will be topped up to the end date.  I was hoping that perhaps my RMS Clerk of the time was mistaken, but, alas my luck still holds.  :'( ;)  Thanks for the confirmation anyhow.

recceguy said:

Yes but in 1983 you could have bought a new car for 2000$  ;D ;D

winks2872 said:
That is awesome! If only today... Of course we couldn't afford the gas

That's but a minor detail when you are surrounded in soft, rich, corinthian leather. ;)

jollyjacktar said:

When I went from the Reserves to the Regs back in the 80s I didn't transfer.  I find out now that I technically released from the Reserves and rejoined the Regs a full 11 days later.  Because of that they told me my reserve time wouldn't count.  Doesn't make much of a difference though because I've almost maxed out at 30 in reg force time anyway but it would have been nice to hit that number. 

Still waiting too so I figure I'll need to put a rider on my will for where the money goes because I have a feeling old age will get me before the cheque does.

Schindler's lift said:
Doesn't make much of a difference though because I've almost maxed out at 30 in reg force time anyway but it would have been nice to hit that number. 

I thought Regular Force members can accumulate up to 35 years of pensionable service?
http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pensions/peserv-servpe-eng.asp#eli-adm4

mariomike said:
I thought Regular Force members can accumulate up to 35 years of pensionable service?
http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pensions/peserv-servpe-eng.asp#eli-adm4

I do believe he is referring to "severance" benefits, which are capped at "30 years of service".

DAA said:
I do believe he is referring to "severance" benefits, which are capped at "30 years of service".

Thanks, DAA.  :salute:

Due to deployment my PIL paperwork only got into my OR a week prior to the deadline last year. They swore it wasn't an issue so close to the deadline cause as long as it was stamped on a date before the deadline it was good. I've seen almost everyone from my previous unit paid out and I still don't have a whiff yet.

Is there anyway to contact the Severance pay people to make sure they got my file. I have a buddy at work who's OR in Gagetown said they put the paperwork in and they didn't and he had to re do it all. I'm just worried my stuff didn't get to Ottawa.

I don't have alot of faith in my current OR considering they told me I just need to wait. And they tend to screw up other things like memo's for my guys constantly go misisng.

Do they have an email or anything. I just want to know they got it.

I'm fairly certain I read a message or two on the subject of contact with the PIL cell, and what I took away from it was that members are not to contact the PIL cell directly.  Even ORs have very specific criteria for contacting the PIL cell.  It's clear they want to be processing applications, and not answering phones unless it's absolutely necessary.

Mods, good candidate for a move to this thread.

You can contact them to confirm your file was received.  I did, others I know have.  They will confirm receipt but not any payment info.

Well, there ya go.  ;D

From http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-benefits/pay-increase-faq.page

64. Where can members find more information?

Supplemental information may also be available by contacting the DMCA 4 PiL Team at: dmca-pil_of_cfsp-dacm-ptl_de_idfc@forces.gc.ca.

misratah500 said:
Due to deployment my PIL paperwork only got into my OR a week prior to the deadline last year. They swore it wasn't an issue so close to the deadline cause as long as it was stamped on a date before the deadline it was good. I've seen almost everyone from my previous unit paid out and I still don't have a whiff yet.

Is there anyway to contact the Severance pay people to make sure they got my file. I have a buddy at work who's OR in Gagetown said they put the paperwork in and they didn't and he had to re do it all. I'm just worried my stuff didn't get to Ottawa.

I don't have alot of faith in my current OR considering they told me I just need to wait. And they tend to screw up other things like memo's for my guys constantly go misisng.

Do they have an email or anything. I just want to know they got it.

I emailed and asked them and they were able to confirm they had my file and it would eventually be processed.  They won't provide details or anything but they will at least confirm they have it.

Back