• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN on Pay and PIL

recceguy said:
Paranoid man, paranoid. I can't sleep. I'm breaking out in sweats. Bad dreams. Overmedicating. Depressed and snapping at people. My skin is crawling. I'm hearing voices but they're not answering my questions the way I want.

Oh wait, sorry, thought I was in the Recruiting threads.

As to the PIL. I can't change the process. I can't speed it up. I can't get emails and phone calls returned. So I wait.

It's out of my hands, there's nothing to be done but wait for my number to come up.

Ergo, I don't worry about something that's not in my control.

4 of the 5 voices in my head agree with you. >:D

recceguy said:
Paranoid man, paranoid. I can't sleep. I'm breaking out in sweats. Bad dreams. Overmedicating. Depressed and snapping at people. My skin is crawling. I'm hearing voices but they're not answering my questions the way I want.......................................

Yup!  You have heard it before:  "Your Cheque is in the Mail."

lcis00110 said:
Well, for myself... it really does not feel good and the feeling keeps getting worse each month I don't get paid.  The reason the feeling is bad is because constant questions to myself that don't have answers.  Questions such as: Did I fill out my election form correctly?  Did my clerk file the proper paperwork?  Is there a problem with my file that the PiL Team received.... etc etc etc.  Without bothering the Team, and without pestering the clerks for an update, what's a guy to do but to keep on waiting with patience?  As I'm still the 30% that's not paid yet... patience continues to grow thinner and thinner.

My question to everyone else who has not been paid out yet is.... how are you feeling about this at this point in the process?

I agree,
As i am one of the 4 left at my unit that hasnt been paid yet, and its not an alphabetical issue. ( Several "Y"s have recieved it)

IT is a piss off and annoying, and hopefully some lessons were learned from this.......

this was received recently;

Total Reg Force Payments:  22,449 authorized - $264,206,993.24
Total Res Force Payments: 8,951 authorized - $80,114,936.76

Total of 31,400 Payments authorized - $344,321,930.00

There are 10,541 Reg Force files to be reviewed with an estimated payout of $146,687,241.02
There are 3,568 Res Force files to be reviewed with an estimated payout of $36,175,887.83
Total of 14,109 payouts remaining for a estimated $182,863,128.85

All files should be out for payment by end May 2014.

Thats umm so pretty heavy numbers there.......

Those numbers tell me that we had a $525M unfunded liability on the books, which is generally a bad thing. 

Does anyone know the source of these funds?  Does this come out of in-year monies?

The liability was greater, as many folks did not take the PiL.  So there is still a multi-million future bill out there.

In the past, severance was done on a pay as you go basis from in year funds.  I believe last FY a large amount was set aside for PiL, but I do not know the details.

So, PiL is about paying down debt so we have more money for groceries.  I like it.

PPCLI Guy said:
So, PiL is about paying down debt so we have more money for groceries.  I like it.

Not paying down debt but rather falling inline with the Public Service while reducing future liabilities, which is what Severance pay amounts to.  So by establishing an advanced payout, based on a fixed date, the long term liability is reduced.  People who elected PiL, receive their payments based on their individual pay rate in effect on 28 Feb 12 (I think, correct me if I am wrong).  Those who decided not to elect PiL, will still receive "earned" severance pay, however, it will be paid out at the time of release, based on their rate of pay when they release.

As this is paid through the members pay accounts, I can only assume it would come from the "payroll" allocation budget, unless a separate fin coding was used.

Different fin coding.  Though the individual who manages the Reg F pay account was involved, as was the individual who manages the corproate Res F accounts.

dapaterson said:
The liability was greater, as many folks did not take the PiL.  So there is still a multi-million future bill out there.

In the past, severance was done on a pay as you go basis from in year funds.  I believe last FY a large amount was set aside for PiL, but I do not know the details.

You are right with that, I remember hearing/reading about how the MND was made to look like a dumbass in front of parliament because one of his staff made a mistake with the paperwork/reasoning for asking for some money to pay severance pay or whatever.

For those who haven't received their PiL yet the team published another update today. As of 17 Feb 2014 they are working on files received on 9 April 2013. They are now 3/4 complete.

As of February 17, 2014, the PIL Team has received over 45,500 files to be audited. Audits have been completed on 33,428 files or 73.4% comprised of both Regular Force and Reserve Force.

At their current rate, they will have completed 45116 out of 45500 files ( 99.22%) on 26 May 14.

Nice.  Now when are they going to empty out their mail boxes?  I have a letter from them and phoned to ask why my particulars are incorrect, such as my initials and whether they are indeed handling my file or someone else's?

George Wallace said:
Nice.  Now when are they going to empty out their mail boxes?  I have a letter from them and phoned to ask why my particulars are incorrect, such as my initials and whether they are indeed handling my file or someone else's?

There were a number of things wrong in my letter also. Like getting through to one of the phone #'s at the bottom, only to be told the number is for an incorrect department and isn't supposed to be on the letter, my release date was wrong, etc ::)

They also tried to tell me that my 'return of pension contributions' from the 80's was a severance payout and not my own money :facepalm:

My file was received in Feb 2012 by the PIL team, I have the 729.
I recently sent them an email after their routine update stating they were processing files received in April 2012.
The reply I received was that they indeed had my file and it is either being processed or has been processed.
Then in the same paragraph I was told I should receive payout NLT than June.
That followed by the canned PIL response, we have completed XXX files and on and on.
So now I am really confused. My file is there. It may have been processed or not processed? Wouldn't that be in their data base?
And if they are working on files received in April, why hasn't mine been completed?
I contacted my BOR and the PIL team has not asked for any additional information regarding my files so I am assuming everything is in order.
I really hope that my file, along with many others I know in similar situations, is not sitting in some outbox forgotten about.
Alas all I can do is wait until June and then I might receive my payout.
The fact that there is no recourse or a way to find a definitive answer, from anyone, is the most frustrating thing.

I retired in July 13. I was told last week, by the team, not to expect a cheque until at least Sept 14.

That was before I mentioned all the mistakes they had in my audit letter. Now they are in the process of requesting all of my paperwork and records from the archives again, to review and reaudit.

That has pushed my payout further. I'll be lucky to get it now in 2014.

;D

The_Gong_Show_logo.jpg

vandoos283 said:
At their current rate, they will have completed 45116 out of 45500 files ( 99.22%) on 26 May 14.

I'll bet those last 400 will be some really pee'd off troops!  :clubinhand:

I expect to be one of them. I am being a little bit annoyed every day, in order to avoid being a lot annoyed on one day.

Loachman said:
I expect to be one of them. I am being a little bit annoyed every day, in order to avoid being a lot annoyed on one day.

Yeah, as much as I've tried to be patient and wait its getting harder when everyone else in my workplace has theirs but I'm still waiting for mine to be completed.  I understand because it's quite large, essentially max'd out, but for the same reason (and an impending posting and home purchase) I'd like it to be over soon.

Back