• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN on Pay and PIL

ummm K

If posted to JSR, (and currently on EX in Wainwright), you might want to have a nap because your thought process is all over the place. LOL

If you are in garrison right now, (and got a good sleep last night ), you might want to cut down on the redbull.  ;)

all kidding aside.  I get ( I think ) what you are saying.

The CF has to be the worst organisation at admin.  Waiting for claims for 6 MONTHS is not acceptable.  Neither is waiting for 3 years for you PiL.  It seems everything is being dumped onto the members (green procurement courses, ECC, CCC, etc) in order for the organisation to absolve itself if any wrongdoing.  Next time I bring a clerk/Log O/Admin O for a backseat flight, I will make sure he/she understands that the tactical employment and handling of the aircraft and its systems are going to be shared between myself and him/her and that if we die that he/she will be blamed.

SupersonicMax said:
  Next time I bring a clerk/Log O/Admin O for a backseat flight, I will make sure he/she understands that the tactical employment and handling of the aircraft and its systems are going to be shared between myself and him/her and that if we die that he/she will be blamed.

So you are blaming the poor clerks and Log Officers that do not write policy but have to try and understand and implement it?

dangerboy said:
So you are blaming the poor clerks and Log Officers that do not write policy but have to try and understand and implement it?

Not only that, but RMS clerks are in high demand. There is not enough of them to go around.

dangerboy said:

It was a tongue in cheek comments. I get it, they don't have much power.  However, they will eventually get up through the ranks and remember.  I actually jokingly tell them that when I fly with one, just to see their reaction.

My trade is short and we respond to the demand.  Yes, often it means working 10-12-14 hrs days.  I have yet to see clerks working past 1600.  Yet, claims are still 6 months behind.

SupersonicMax said:
It was a tongue in cheek comments. I get it, they don't have much power.  However, they will eventually get up through the ranks and remember.  I actually jokingly tell them that when I fly with one, just to see their reaction.

My trade is short and we respond to the demand.  Yes, often it means working 10-12-14 hrs days. I have yet to see clerks working past 1600.   Yet, claims are still 6 months behind.

Hmm must be an airforce thing  ;D On the army side I see plenty in the office at 0600 hrs and there till 2100hrs.

MAX, while I agree in part with your argument, don't try to fool the masses with the whole 10-12-14 hour days. You do that maybe twice a week, on the weeks you get to fly. You spend the rest of your days working 8 hour days (maybe) just like everyone else.

And before you go off on how the hell would I know, I work across the street from your kind, and am well aware of the daily routine.

captloadie,

I work on average 10hrs a day.  On days I fly, I'll be at work for at least 12.  I fly on average 3 days a week (flew 305 hrs last year)

That does not include the 24 hrs shits in the QRA followes by a regular working day (shift in the QRA as in you sleep there and cannot get out for 24 hrs).  You see 20% of what we do.  In the last 4.5 months, I have been home 5 weeks.

Teager said:
On the army side I see plenty in the office at 0600 hrs and there till 2100hrs.

Absolutely. Clerks are short in supply, long in demand. They cannot all be painted with the same brush. They have to follow CF procedures, no matter how messed up they may be, just like the rest of us.

And while we're taking our d*cks out and moaning about time home or lack thereof, I'll see the 5 weeks home in 4.5 months and raise a "from the period of 2005 - 2010, I spend a grand total of 10 non-consecutive months home" (i.e. summer, Xmas and HLTA leave periods only) ::)  It's part of my job to be away, just like it is for every CF member, so please leave  irrelevant information like this out of it.

Max, I don't know how long you've been flying for or how many tours you've gone on but maybe your just startin to feel the burn a bit or perhaps family has become a more bigger part in your life since joining so the smaller things can start to frustrate you. For your claims that are outstanding I suggest you talk to your clerks about what the exact delay is. There can be a ton of reasons why its taking so long. I currently work as a clerk and I try to prioritize my work so that pay and claims are at the top of my list. Hopefully it can all be worked out and the delays won't take as long in the future.

A little tip if you pop by your clerks office even just to say a quick hello and hows everyone doing they will notice that and you might notice that your paper work gets done a little quicker  :nod:

hey Teager, are you at work now and if you are, shouldn't you be processing claims instead of surfing the internet...lol?

SupersonicMax said:
captloadie,

I work on average 10hrs a day.  On days I fly, I'll be at work for at least 12.  I fly on average 3 days a week (flew 305 hrs last year)

That does not include the 24 hrs shits in the QRA followes by a regular working day (shift in the QRA as in you sleep there and cannot get out for 24 hrs).  You see 20% of what we do.  In the last 4.5 months, I have been home 5 weeks.

May I suggest, with respect, that perhaps you apply the same train of thought to clerks.  You likely only see 20% of what they do as well.  And likely don't even know what kind of crap they also have to put up with.

NavalMoose said:
hey Teager, are you at work now and if you are, shouldn't you be processing claims instead of surfing the internet...lol?

I'm on a return to work from injuries oversease I don't work full days and had medical appointments early this morning. I am a combat engineer and still badged as one but do have a clerks QL3.

Teager said:
A little tip if you pop by your clerks office even just to say a quick hello and hows everyone doing they will notice that and you might notice that your paper work gets done a little quicker  :nod:

so, I need to butter up the clerks in order for them to process my paperwork ?  Interesting.    The sad part is, I am sure you are not joking.  Real professional.

technophile said:
so, I need to butter up the clerks in order for them to process my paperwork ?  Interesting.    The sad part is, I am sure you are not joking.  Real professional.

You sound so professional in commenting in such a manner as well.  That in itself is quite interesting.  Wouldn't you say?

ok George, I guess we could go back and forth with the " your comment about me being unprofessional was unprofessional. Wouldn't you say? " merry go round.

technophile said:

I think what Teager was saying is that if you create an interpersonal relationship with the people that do the work it is likely to create a sense of investment in what they do.  it's easy to look at numbers and lists as exactly that but when you can put a face to it in a positive light it can help.  I know with my work, if I meet people at the other end it motivates me a bit more to go the extra mile.

Having dealt with clerks I find I get way more out of the experience by investing a bit in them.  Whether it's saying hi and discussing what they are up to or just asking how things are going, making small talk etc.  When I need something, I find they are more receptive and accomodating and I get my calls returned.  It's not a question of buttering up anyone, it's called social interaction.  If act like a jerk they'll remember that.  Act like a nice guy/gal when you don't have to and they'll remember that too.

Treating people like shit and dumping on them constantly is not, generally, a valid leadership technique, nor does it result in optimal results.

Taking interest in them and supporting them, on the other hand, tends to have effective results.

Your milage may vary.

Back