• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadians in Iraq

Seriously, I don't care what this guy wears. As long as he's doing a good job, taking care of Soldiers and accomplishing the mission, he's good to go regardless of what color uniform he has on. To me as an American, it is awesome to see a Canadian officer like this leading American Soldiers in battle. Not only that, but he'll bring back an irreplaceable amount of knowledge in leading high-level units in combat when he goes back to the Canadian Army. Good on him!

cheers, Mark

lone bugler said:
wow just awesome, Canadian MG wearing a 2 star helmet, woodland tac vest  :eek:
::)

After looking at your profile, I now know why you commented as you have.

I still say....  ::)

Get some TI.

The first thing I noticed right off the bat was the MOLLE/Modular vests the US soldiers were wearing  >:D.

George Wallace said:
After looking at your profile, I now know why you commented as you have.

"Rank: Pte(r)"

At least, he's honest ...

Red 6 said:
Trying to avoid those "sniper checks," eh, Wes? ;)

There were many (heaps) LECs around our FOB (the Baath Pty HQ was being renovated and will be for another 100 yrs), and who knows to be honest, plus within the IZ at that time roving snipers in vehicles were present, and it was not advised to hang out at one spot in the IZ for no more than 5-10 mins because of this.

Again why advertise things.

Yrys said:
"Rank: Pte(r)"

At least, he's honest ...

He might be honest but it doesnt give his comment a single shred of credibility.

lone bugler said:
wow just awesome, Canadian MG wearing a 2 star helmet, woodland tac vest  :eek:

Where are you going with this?

I would not care if my ECBA was pink. It stops shrapnel and with the plates in it, stops 7.62mm too.

Don't be so critical over nothing. Those stars on his helmet are courtesy rank to allow US pers to identify his rank. Maybe if you read into things a bit better, you would understand, even with that 5 yrs in cadets.

Canadians serving on exchange in the US also wear badges sown on their CADPAT uniforms (ranger, Div etc...) and the pins or whatever they are (jump wings etc...). Its their thing and it helps you fit in.

I've worn US rank (along with Canadian, of course) on tour simply as a courtesy to the Americans who did not understand the stripes.  I've also explained to USN and USMC personnel that our stripes correspond to their Naval equivalents.  The Brits do the same.

Saluting is mandatory on most (but not all) US secure facilities.

Teddy Ruxpin said:
I've also explained to USN and USMC personnel that our stripes correspond to their Naval equivalents. 

I'm thinking along the lines of "a set of Canadian Captain stripes equals your Naval Captain rank."

One could do lots with this!!  >:D

Back