• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadians are culturally sensitive to others.

Michael you seem to think that maybe I would like some sort of "hard-core kill em all persona" to describe us. All I stated was that this concept of Canadians being more culturally sensitive then other nations is a myth, nothing more. We are only deluding ourselves if we think that we have a higher moral authority than other nations. There are people from ALL nations that are culturally sensitive, as well as people who are racist pieces of sh*t!
Are we in Canada good people, I think for the most part we are, but I would not say we are more culturally sensitive. The soldier in the example made a decision in the heat of the moment and it turned out to be a good one for him. The next person who doesn't shoot the child with a weapon might find himself dead! But at least he would have been culturally sensitive to others, small consolation to his family!
Just remember in Canada we are really no different from other developed nations, no better or worse.

2 Cdo said:
Just remember in Canada we are really no different from other developed nations, no better or worse.
now that's culturally sensitive!

2 Cdo said:
Michael you seem to think that maybe I would like some sort of "hard-core kill em all persona" to describe us. All I stated was that this concept of Canadians being more culturally sensitive then other nations is a myth, nothing more. We are only deluding ourselves if we think that we have a higher moral authority than other nations. There are people from ALL nations that are culturally sensitive, as well as people who are racist pieces of sh*t!
Are we in Canada good people, I think for the most part we are, but I would not say we are more culturally sensitive. The soldier in the example made a decision in the heat of the moment and it turned out to be a good one for him. The next person who doesn't shoot the child with a weapon might find himself dead! But at least he would have been culturally sensitive to others, small consolation to his family!

Ah, good points, I humbly stand corrected.  I think, though, that we strive more earnestly for that myth; some developed nations don't bother trying.  I don't think it's a bad thing.

S_Baker said:
it is important to note, that a myth, is like, well, a myth.    :blotto:

Sure, but some are more palatable than others.  I mean, if you were a redhead girl and wanted...oh wait, that one's true.

I'll get back to you. :-\

Back