• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Military Slang

Circus Battalion2 - (derogatory name for any Service Battalion, regular or reserve). Usually employed by members to describe the lack of organisation that traditionally plagues these units, i.e. They bring big tents and are staffed by clowns.

Blah hahahahahaha that is so my old unit.

I came across this in my Internet travels and found it interesting (and amusing). I've seen some of these expressions/terms used on this site, but others are completely new to me. I'm sure the seasoned members of the CF recognize most of them, if not all.

Canadian Military Slang

:cdn: :salute:

I get a kick out the terms for "promiscuous" females (female soldiers included).  Why don't we start making them up for the males;)

They forgot 'Nancy' for a brand new recruit at Basic who has not been issued an uniform and is marching, or trying to march, around the area.

The only one I hadn't previously seen was "Circus Battalion". Of course, I have plenty more I could add to the list.

Haven't heard drip pan before. An yea, theres a few that are missing there

PMedMoe said:
I get a kick out the terms for "promiscuous" females (female soldiers included).  Why don't we start making them up for the males;)

I agree. It's rather one-sided, isn't it? Let's think about this and see what we can come up with. ;D

kincanucks said:
They forgot 'Nancy' for a brand new recruit at Basic who has not been issued an uniform and is marching, or trying to march, around the area.

Pre-haircut recruits were also referred to as "Alice", due to the long hair resembling that of Alice Cooper.

I always thought a horse cock was a 'spout flex' for jerry can use. Their 'slang' definition is WRONG!

I still use the term HC here, and get a stupid look or a laugh, here they call it a goose neck. The Australian jerry cans are direct copies of the German WW2 ones, so the HC's are different, but perform the same duty.

Being out of the CF loop since 1995, there is lots on there I had never heard of (a new generation of slang), like the drip pan, ha! Here 'they' are referred to as 'bikes'  :warstory:

Well its going on to 0530h on a Thursday morning, so better hit the shower and get to work.

I always thought the RCR's were the Rubber Chicken Rapers not chickenfuckers?

Funny list though. :)

GnrJetTech said:

Somehow, I feel better knowing they were 'rubber' chickens.  ;D

I think there are lots missing but...soon to be added...

I was looking for 'trench tech'.  It was one used when I was in Basic in Cornwallis in 89...a Bos'n MS used to call our PPCLI MCpl that  ;)

kincanucks said:

Kat Stevens said:
Pre-haircut recruits were also referred to as "Alice", due to the long hair resembling that of Alice Cooper.

When I went through Basic in '86, it was "Suzie"!!

GnrJetTech said:

Funny list though. :)
As a member of The Royal Canadian Regiment, I can only state that we are NOT the Rubber Chicken Rapers, but rather a members of a fine infantry regiment, with a storied history

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
As a member of The Royal Canadian Regiment, I can only state that we are NOT the Rubber Chicken Rapers, but rather a members of a fine infantry regiment, with a storied history

Yes, the rubber chicken was consenting!

Back