• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Military Slang

Teflon said:
Yes, the rubber chicken was consenting!
Mortarman Rockpainter said:
As a member of The Royal Canadian Regiment, I can only state that we are NOT the Rubber Chicken Rapers, but rather a members of a fine infantry regiment, with a storied history

Oh settle down...I didn't know you were all so sensitive and so easily offended.

Just saying what we used to say back in the day.

Did you even read the list of definitions? It pretty much includes everyone,

and I don't see anyone else crying.

BTW I do agree that it is a fine regiment.

but really  ...suck it up buttercup

Whoa, buddy.  Did you read the Forum Guidelines when you joined??

Well I noticed that they didn't have PMC = Permanent Master Corporal....

GnrJetTech said:
Oh settle down...I didn't know you were all so sensitive and so easily offended.

but really   ...suck it up buttercup

I do hope that was tongue in cheek

:pop:

GnrJetTech said:

but really  ...suck it up buttercup

I don't think MM Rockpainter is offended, can that happen ???

NL_engineer said:
I don't think MM Rockpainter is offended, can that happen ???

Yes.    I insulted his cheesy moustache once...

GnrJetTech

Its hard to tell the 'tone' of someone's post but I think maybe you might have over-corrected?  Ease up on the stick  ;D

Having said that, I think the actual mbr's of The RCR will speak up if GJT stepped outside the comfort zone.

"nothing to see here folks, move along"

;)

After 125 years of putting up with the petty jealousies of other trades and corps, the "chicken joke" has gotten too lame to respond to.

Pro Patria

Michael O`Leary said:
After 125 years of putting up with the petty jealousies of other trades and corps, the "chicken joke" has gotten too lame to respond to.

Pro Patria

At least you didn't sign "Pro Poultry" with that  ;D.

MM

(As an intro, I am not offended, and neither did I take offence)
TRUE STORY.  It was back in 1989.  I was getting ready to head off to become a member of The RCR.  My mother's neighbour was over at her place, and I told her I was off.  She asked where I was going, etc, and I told her "I'm off to join The RCR".  She said (as my mother took a sip of her coffee. "You're going to be a Chicken fucker?"

I thought my mother was going to choke to death.  (As an aside, my mother's neighbour's husband was a member of The RCR many years before that, so she was "in the club", as it were)

As a note re: "Shack Rat", I never once heard that used to refer to women, promiscuous or otherwise.  I've heard it used to refer to an older corporal who still lived in Barracks, that kind of thing.

I'm surprised that "Bloggins" wasn't on the list.

"Man whore" could refer to a promiscuous male soldier, no?

Actually, Bloggins is no longer deemed acceptable to be used, since we now have (at least) one in the CF.

Didn't  MEATHEAD became BONEHEAD in the early 90s due to the severe budget cuts.....no offense intended - this coming from an ex chicken******

ToRN said:
Actually, Bloggins is no longer deemed acceptable to be used, since we now have (at least) one in the CF.

BS ( not that one doesn't exist...rather, that it is no longer acceptable  ;D)

Pte/Cpl/OCdt/Lt Bloggins will live and exist in the CF when I am gone and worm food  ;), well atleast in every classroom lecture taught by young Army NCOs.

Whoever put that up is RTFOT and seems to have about 10 minutes in and pulling it out of their ass.  Obvious example to me is the explanation of where "Meathead" comes from.  I've been a Meathead since '85 when we were wearing the condom cap and I've seen and heard references back to way before that.  For what it's worth, the explanation given to me is we're meatheads because the space between our ears is filled with meat and not brain, dating back to the time when MPs were selected for physical size vice intelligence.

Can someone with some actual time in go and sort that cluster f*$# out?

'to have one's faults corrected in a swift and severe manner."

haha, loving it :D

The term 'meathead' was in general use in the 'fifties in the Canadian army. It may have originated during the Korean War as I cannot recall seeing any reference to it during the Second World War. There was a Korean-era drinking song titled "Provost" that made reference to Exercise Sweetbrian, a defence of Canada exercise conducted in the late-forties. This little ditty did not use the term 'meathead.'

Old Sweat said:
There was a Korean-era drinking song titled "Provost" that made reference to Exercise Sweetbrian, a defence of Canada exercise conducted in the late-forties. This little ditty did not use the term 'meathead.'

They probably couldn't find a word rhyming with it.

This is a better reference list for regimental nicknames:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regimental_nicknames_of_the_Canadian_Forces

They are definitely wrong on the definition of shack rat.

They need to add the Rocket.  EVERYONE knows the Rockets.  Hell, we were relegated to using one in the parking lot at Colonel By last weekend!

Back