• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Reservists behind fake letter warning of wolves being released

Kilted said:
Aren't things like that normally supposed to say "training material" or something like that on them. From an IA point of view, this is a Black PSYOP which Canada doesn't take part it. I wonder how this was supposed to fit into the larger training picture.

It would only say "training material" if it actually WAS only training material...

:Tin-Foil-Hat:

GR66 said:
It would only say "training material" if it actually WAS only training material...

:Tin-Foil-Hat:

`There are no wolves in Kings County'

Perhaps this is part of some "insider threat" plot to discredit the CAF. Although the CAF tends to do a pretty good job of discrediting itself. Isn't there some saying about not attributing to malice...?

Blackadder1916 said:
http://www.army-armee.forces.gc.ca/en/5-canadian-division/the-halifax-rifles/index.page

Without knowing much about the Army Reserve, I'm kind of surprised that the "Mission Task" description is so direct (perhaps pulled directly from a higher level directive?), without any PAFO polishing to make it seem less intimidating to the general public. People are understandably quite skittish about this sort of thing.

Second, I'm surprised that this exercise was approved as-is given the recent controversy on a very similar topic within CJOC that made national news. It's not difficult to develop a basic exercise scenario with fictional geographic locations and geopolitical entities to avoid any confusion should some of the material make it to an unintended audience.

Link deleted as it is against site policy. - Harris Apologies, neglected to check the author as I didn't realize that the Chronicle Herald syndicated articles from them. My bad. - Me

Jarnhamar said:
`There are no wolves in Kings County'
T-shirt right there, maybe?  ;D
boot12 said:
... I'm kind of surprised that the "Mission Task" description is so direct (perhaps pulled directly from a higher level directive?), without any PAFO polishing to make it seem less intimidating to the general public. People are understandably quite skittish about this sort of thing ...
I don't know how the CF info-machine works precisely, but having worked in other government info-machines, I'm going to guess what ended up online is what "The System" wanted there.  As always, I stand to be corrected, and any system led and run by humans can see feces occur, but I know how I'd bet my loonie.

Silly question, but I am not familiar with this part of the country.

Are there not wolves already in the wild around this area?

CBH99 said:

There used to be, but the rats ate them all.

MilEME09 said:
According to Public affairs this was not supposed to be part of the training and are now investigating what is going on at the unit in question.....
Step aside chain of command, the Spanish Inquisition Public Affairs has got this!!    :panic:

CBH99 said:

NS?  Nope.  https://wildlifepark.novascotia.ca/animals/gray-wolf.asp

Journeyman said:
Step aside chain of command, the Spanish Inquisition Public Affairs has got this!!    :panic:

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

There - got it in - Thanks Journeyman!!!

NavyShooter said:
I feel sorry for the CO of the base at Aldershot...how do you rebuild relations with the community after something like this?
I feel really bad for him, too.  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I guess he needs to go door to door and leave some letters telling people that there are NO wolves coming!

Actually, the Cmdt of the Camp would technically have nothing to do with this.  He would be more like a (mini) Base Commander in Halifax, responsible for infrastructure etc but not lodger units at the Camp.  He isn't part of, or responsible to, the 36CBG Comd/CofC.

Eye In The Sky said:
Actually, the Cmdt of the Camp would technically have nothing to do with this.  He would be more like a (mini) Base Commander in Halifax, responsible for infrastructure etc but not lodger units at the Camp.  He isn't part of, or responsible to, the 36CBG Comd/CofC.
Accurate AF. 

Eye In The Sky said:

So what you're saying is he would likely be doing 'The Matrix weave' as the incoming zooms past? :)

daftandbarmy said:
So what you're saying is he would likely be doing 'The Matrix weave' as the incoming zooms past? :)
I was thinking more like feeling the sonic boom of the bombing run 3-4 km away, but six of one ....

daftandbarmy said:

:rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLUC7wx8aFM

This from the "a few weiners ruin it for all the keeners" file ....
After the bizarre incident of a Canadian military training psyop involving a mocked letter about a fictitious pack of invading wolves and a loudspeaker playing taped howls went viral for its mistaken exposure to civilians, the head of the defense department has halted all training of “influence activities” for Canadian soldiers pending a formal investigation of the matter.

“I was extremely concerned about the creation of the letter by 36 Canadian Brigade Group,” said Minister Harjit Sajjan, the head of Canada’s Department of National Defence, in an email to VICE News. “Though training our Canadian Armed Forces members on how best to respond to foreign actors who use influence activities, the creation of this letter was wrong and should never have occurred.”

“To ensure that a mistake like this does not happen again, I have directed the Canadian Army to pause training related to these sort of influence activities until the conclusion of the investigation,” he said ...

It’s not like we didn’t see that one coming.

Couple this with the story about using IA for COVID messaging and you have a real PR issue here.

Remius said:
It’s not like we didn’t see that one coming.

Couple this with the story about using IA for COVID messaging and you have a real PR leadership issue here.

FTFY :)

Back