• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Joint Headquarters

211RadOp said:
No need for the PM.

North is to the right as you look at the picture.  All the mod on the north half is accomodations for, in this case, CFJSR, 1 Cdn Div HQ and assorted hangers on.

Two white roofed hardstand building are the abulution buildings.

Mod and S6 (Three pronged tentage) running from the middle to the east is the DIV set up, including the CP, ASIC, Advisors as well as tentage for EXCON and flanking units.

South 1/4 of the whole strip was CFJSR supporting the monstrosity, with elements from RHQ, 1 Sqn, 3 Sqn, 1 Line Sqn and Sp Sqn. We also had some augmentees from the RCN and RCAF.

South of the hardstand is C/S 8 and the NCCIS Det.

Thank you.  Learning has occurred.

The HQ is never set up in the same way twice.  The layout depends on a lot of factors: ground layout, cabling requirements, staff requirements, CSS and Sigs requirements.  Lots of variables.  I have seen this set up three different times in three different locations with three completely different layouts.  CFJSR(-) was on the ground a month before the staff arrived setting this up and were there for about a week after tearing it down.

211RadOp said:
No it does not, but it is as much a pain in the donkey to set up.

I didn't envy those guys at all.

Nope, makes me happy I just had to fly in, lay some wires and fly out again. ;D

Robert0288 said:
Nope, makes me happy I just had to fly in, lay some wires and fly out again. ;D

We had some troops out there for 3 months.  :'(

I got called in 1/2 way to fill in for a guy going on compassionate leave, so only 1.5 months for me. although I did feel bad for the guys who where stuck there for the full 3 months

I lucked in.  The RSM decided that I had to be in Kingston for the Change of Command parade to be the flag party commander so I was only there for two.

little jim said:

Was just looking for a Canadian view on things.

Thanks
Well, you are quite correct in that the pic view that I linked is was 57 seacans worth of example of a Div Deployed Static HQ.  Glad that's over.  :)

211RadOp said:
Glad I miss JOINTEX 15!

(Scary organ music...)

Woo-ha-ha! I will make sure you are on JOINTEX 15 Mwa-ha-ha!

(Sound of coffin lid slamming...)

Back