• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian AFG War "Resister"

Umm, now, I am no public affairs/journalistic genius or anything like that but.....

Doesn't this "gentleman's" story have more holes in it than swiss cheese?

We all heard about this when it went down. I do not understand how anyone can give this guy the time of day? He has absolutely no right to call himself a "war-resister." He was never in any danger of being sent overseas, wouldn't even have been qualified enough to be eligible to go.

If he doesn't agree with the governments position, that's fine and that is his right, a right that all of us will/have/DO fight for him to retain.

However, he did not earn the privilege of wearing the uniform I wear. He did not earn the honour of associating himself, in any way, shape of form with us, and especially with people such as HoM, RHFC_piper, Vaughn Ingram, Chris Reid, and Capt Greene (to name only a few).

What was the course he quit, CAP? (Do new Reserve officers do different training, or is it the same?).

There is a word I am looking for, wrt this ...person. He has no,......currency balls LEGITIMACY! He speaks for himself, not for anyone else. He has his views and that's fine. He has no right to associate himself with us and for ANY political party to USE such a person for their partisan tricks is extremely low. It would be nice if some of the reporter types that frequent these boards would actually do a bit of "investigative reporting" on clowns like this and expose them for the frauds that they are.

Wook

edit: Found this while I was surfing related info to this:

From COPE - http://events.cope.bc.ca/view_entry.php?id=201&date=20061019

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but this guy got Dishonourably Discharged. They have "Officer Cadet" as his rank. Wouldn't that be another chargeable offence? With a direct quote under his name and stated rank, it seems like an intentional thing to me.               

Hmmm.... lemme see here,
Reg Navy from 02 thru to 06.
Transfers to the Res in 06 and packs it in, in 06 cause he doesn't want to go to war?

A man with 4 yrs of service pulls this stunt & grandstands his voluntry withdrawal from a course he did not have to take in the 1st place?... what am I missing here?

Well.... resist no more, resistance is futile, have a nice life and go away

Well, I was on that CAP course with him this Summer so I have a touch more to go on as far as background.

Although I wasn't in his Section, and really didn't have much more than a few conversations with him, it was evident to all of us that the school was giving him the nobbly shaft all the way up until his flight out. I believe the consensus was that here was one zero cadet that wasn't going to be all that lovely to the CF when he got home. That seems to have bore out.

lugarou said:
Well, I was on that CAP course with him this Summer so I have a touch more to go on as far as background.

Although I wasn't in his Section, and really didn't have much more than a few conversations with him, it was evident to all of us that the school was giving him the nobbly shaft all the way up until his flight out. I believe the consensus was that here was one zero cadet that wasn't going to be all that lovely to the CF when he got home. That seems to have bore out.

Was this before or after he said he quit?

Wookilar said:
From COPE - http://events.cope.bc.ca/view_entry.php?id=201&date=20061019

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but this guy got Dishonourably Discharged. They have "Officer Cadet" as his rank. Wouldn't that be another chargeable offence? With a direct quote under his name and stated rank, it seems like an intentional thing to me.               

Yes.. if he specifically asked to use it...

He can claim that the website did it..
I bet they can even introduce him as that.. as long
as he isn't saying it himself  :-[

i guess, technically he could use (ret'd) after his name though..??

well ... we could always start attending his speaking tours and call him out.

It just doesn't make sence...the guy is a pos and we shouldn't even waste time talking about him.

The sad thing is with the numbers being down and trying to bring them up, they are going to recruit more and more cowardly little wankers like this, and you won't know it until they are in the system with you and the time comes for them to "ante up" so to speak.

Since I was his CSM before he went away to Gagetown, and I happen to be in Vancouver this week. it would be interesting to pull out my BCGEU membership and show up at this meeting and see if he would answer me a few questions.

This guy was a piece of work before we sent him, and we bent over backwards to get him on course and ready to go. The CO even tried to help him while he was in gagetown.

So send in your questions and I might be able to ask them.

I would love to go in uniform, but that would just cause more issues, and I would prefer to do this as a private citizen.

This guy sounds like a very misguided-attention grabbing individual who thought he could "man up" in the Army and couldn't hack it.  Or had to because he rich daddy told him too and had to find a "manly" way out. 
Either way, if he couldn't hack it, he should have just shut up left with his dignity intact.  Not like this with his "the world owes me.." attitude.
Guys like this make me want to just add...,.kneel, face the ditch.....no more rations for you!
my 0.02 oh, and....
:cdn:  for this, we fight.
Extra add on-I couldn't see me blowing my horn when I failed a major career course last year like this guy did.  I'm glad I didn't see him on Newsnet or he'd would've been "bricked".

Just saw him on CTV newsnet tonight it just sickens me that he is getting this much play. 

:threat:

Again folks, take a breather before you post - if it's relevent, add it; if not, maybe don't post it.  I don't want to have to lock this one because it devolved into who would to what to the guy (or what he resembles). 

Infanteer said:
Again folks, take a breather before you post - if it's relevent, add it; if not, maybe don't post it.  I don't want to have to lock this one because it devolved into who would to what to the guy (or what he resembles). 

Agreed.

*takes deep breath*

I am still confused as to how this guy was going to go to Afghanistan in the first place.
By all reports he was still an Ocdt when he quit, and yet he said he was going to be a 2Lt when he deployed in Feb 2007. That just sounds too cocky and confident of a soldier, even for a Ocdt. I mean how would he have been chosen for Pre-deployment training without being qualified first? Does Canada even deploy Ocdt to operational theatres? So the BIG money question which has really perplexed me is was this guy on his officers qualification couse or actual pre-deployment training?

career_radio-checker said:
Agreed.

*takes deep breath*

I am still confused as to how this guy was going to go to Afghanistan in the first place.
By all reports he was still an Ocdt when he quit, and yet he said he was going to be a 2Lt when he deployed in Feb 2007. That just sounds too cocky and confident of a soldier, even for a Ocdt. I mean how would he have been chosen for Pre-deployment training without being qualified first? Does Canada even deploy Ocdt to operational theatres? So the BIG money question which has really perplexed me is was this guy on his officers qualification couse or actual pre-deployment training?
He was on his phase trg...NOT deployment training.

There's no way he would have deployed in Feb 07.  He would have to have done CAP this summer, and the earliest he could have started IODP 1.1 (the bare minimum for him to be classed as deployable as a Reservist) would be February for 12 weeks, then he'd also have to do work-up training.  The guy is a fraud, no doubt about it.  Hope he comes to speak somewhere near where I live so I can go as anonymous Joe Civvie and call him out.

Redeye said:
There's no way he would have deployed in Feb 07.  He would have to have done CAP this summer, and the earliest he could have started IODP 1.1 (the bare minimum for him to be classed as deployable as a Reservist) would be February for 12 weeks, then he'd also have to do work-up training.  The guy is a fraud, no doubt about it.  Hope he comes to speak somewhere near where I live so I can go as anonymous Joe Civvie and call him out.
All that PLUS the fact that the media who is so relishing in interviewing this fraudulant "war resistor" has yet to nail him during one of these interviews that as a Reservist he would have had to physicaly volunteer on paper to deploy into an operational theatre. And they know that to be the case. They've read this this thread...they've even posted in other threads.

Back