• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can someone research about another person info on DND ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech2002

Inactive
Reaction score
I don't know if this section of website is good to post, I did search engine but didn't came up with solid answer..
I would like to know how much info if any is posted on DND about yourself ?
If you enroll in army or not enroll due to application failure for whatever reasons can other person/NCM member read your info, your military status, your rank, etc ?
I don't have access to see that, but I am wondering how much info is posted if any..
Thanks in advance

tech2002 said:
If you enroll in army or not enroll due to application failure for whatever reasons can other person/NCM member read your info, your military status, your rank, etc ?

No. Only people who need to know can. It's all contained in your PERS file, which if you do fail goes to the archives AFAIK.

Regards

tech2002 said:
I don't know if this section of website is good to post, I did search engine but didn't came up with solid answer..
I would like to know how much info if any is posted on DND about yourself ?
I don't have access to see that, but I am wondering how much info is posted if any..
Thanks in advance

The Forces wide 'this schmuck got turfed from recruiting' emails were halted a few years ago due to lack of entertaining content.

thanks for the answers.. .I am happy now..
Kind of got me worried, as one dude at the meeting was talking about someone past history, and he pulled the info from DND website, don't know how he got info..

tech2002 said:
........ and he pulled the info from DND website, don't know how he got info..

If he did, then he should be Charged for doing so and then passing on information on what he 'found'.  He definitely is a "Security Risk" even if he is BS'ing you.

tech2002 said:
thanks for the answers.. .I am happy now..
Kind of got me worried, as one dude at the meeting was talking about someone past history, and he pulled the info from DND website, don't know how he got info..

All electronic personal information on CF members (and applicants) is stored in PeopleSoft.  PeopleSoft is not accesible from outside DND.  Any use of the information stored in PeopleSoft is strictly controlled.

George Wallace said:
If he did, then he should be Charged for doing so and then passing on information on what he 'found'.  He definitely is a "Security Risk" even if he is BS'ing you.

+1 George.  I love hunting those folks down.

Other than the court martial information referenced by Michael O'Leary, above, and official biographies on the Director Senior Appointments site no other personal information on CF members is available in the public domain, particularly through DND web sites, except for information released via Public Affairs (such as a news article or press release) with the member's consent.

Tech2002, you've been misled.

All personal information held by the CF is protected under the rules and regulations of
Access to information and the protection of personal information.
No Tom Dick or Harry can simply punch up your SN or SIN and obtain personal information on you.

Your medical information is also protected.  Only medical personnel have access to it.

Harrassment complaints & grievances are not kept with your pers file... Though, if there is a decision to mete out a reprimand. RW or C&P, that document will find it's way into your file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back