• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Grimaldus said:

For me after lighting up freedom haters with an ACR, SCAR, P2000 I'm not exactly looking forward to going back to a game that's using M16s RC cars and compound bows.  I like the modern in modern warfare, I wonder if other people will feel the same way.

That's one thing I like about video games. You get to "experience" different eras in time. But I hear what you're saying.

Grimaldus said:
Why don't you guys have a 1 on 1 match in MW2 about it?

Haha  :nod:

Seyek said:
I'm absolutely astounded.

Seriously, I am.

MW2...realistic? What?!

No, just, no. Based off real vehicles? Based off real weapons? That's funny, I wasn't aware every assault rifle in that game lacked a semi auto feature and could only be fired on fully automatic. Maybe I should take my C7 to an armourer to get it looked at, as it appears to only fire one round when I pull the trigger. Infantry carry laptops that let them randomly take control of predators whenever we feel like it? Must have missed that in my kit issue. I guess this also means that at twenty feet someone can shoot me with a burst of 5.56, and I can simply kill them with a knife, from 20 feet away. Any of the Afghan vets here get to call in a nuke if you shot 25 taliban?

'Based on real life' does not mean 'realistic', not in the slightest. That's like saying resident evil is realistic because the weapons are mostly based off of real weapons. MW2 is not realistic, period. It is however a fun, enjoyable game. That is it.

Tell you what, if you're convinced it's realistic, ask your instructors when you get to BMQ when you get to do the AC-130 training for when you get your killstreak.
Your obvously taking my comment too seriously, im aware you dont carry around a laptop or fly in an ac130? im saying that everything in the game is based on real life equipment.. and if you play hardcore its abit more realistic. So relax.
Grimaldus said:
Why don't you guys have a 1 on 1 match in MW2 about it?
You would be a 10-1 underdog

Grimaldus said:
Blast Shield
Tactical insertion
heartbeat sensor
rapid fire attachment
;)

woh woh woh......you mean i cant just toss a green road flare in a sweet ass camping spot, and when i gets shot, i can just respawn right there???

no friken way man, i thought thats how snipers do it in real life....

On that note though, i am pretty sure that blast sheilds(assuming you mean the clear bullet proof sheilds) do exist in real life. The are used alot by SWAT style units

Forester said:
On that note though, i am pretty sure that blast sheilds(assuming you mean the clear bullet proof sheilds) do exist in real life. The are used alot by SWAT style units

He means the equipment option that looks like a welder's mask and reduces damage from explosives.

…zombies are real. REF World at War

It’s merely just another game. Meant to burn away those hours you should be sleeping or taking in some culture instead of being ordered around by your 12 yr old team lead with his Gucci unlocked rifle. However, MW2 is one hell of a game and I can’t help it but to run around aimlessly and knife down the entire OPFOR with my commando pro, marathon pro, and lightweight pro :p

I agree that Arma 2 and flashpoint have more realism (vs. realistic.) components, but the COD series has a huge replay value. My x-mas leave last year was dedicated to MW2 as much as I expect Black Ops to be this year. :)

Send me a message with your PSN ID if any of you want to have a few rounds or if you want to bash around the puck.

Cheers,

tangent

You play NHL 11? I'm waiting for that for my birthday in a few weeks, I'll send you a PM.

/tangent

CoD and ARMA 2 are addictive for different reasons. You can pick up a copy of CoD and be pretty decent without much practice time. ARMA2 (and that realism type) take a lot more effort to really get into, and are good if you're into playing for 6 hours on one map. CoD's replayability is strictly based on the speed and action in the game. I played it for probably a good 3-400 hours, but really started to get bored with the maps.

Has anyone's views changed after seeing reviews for Medal of Honor?

Personally, I think I'm definitely buying Black Ops when it comes out. I think the Vietnamese jungles and other new locations will be a nice change from the Middle East warfare.

When I first looked at it, it seemed like another CoD. What really got my attention was the different game modes. If you have played Counter Strike, you will know exactly what "gun game" is and how much fun it is.

The fact that they are implementing a "wager" system into a game makes it even more thrilling and enjoyable; I mean lets be honest, who doesn't like gambling a little here and there, especially when its combined with an FPS. I've already pre-ordered, haha.

It is worth the money .. It is a good game .. however, I feel that MW2 still is a great game.  Black Ops is basicly just an expansion to MW2 .. with more weapons, maps ... the graphics and gameplay are a little better but really, MW2 still owns.

My only problem with the game is that me and all my peeps are still playing MW2 daily, were not bored of it .. like when MW2 came out and everyone was playing World at War.

With that said, I still bought it, and I'm still stoked on it, it's hardcore :threat:

The game was a disaster on the PC.  Game crippling lag and having my CPU usage maxed at 99%  The single player is okay. Has decent cut-scenes and an okay story.  It's the same crap Modern Warfare 2 and Medal of Honor are.  Short just okay single player and a multiplayer full of glitching, cheating and 13 yr olds who will question your seuxal orientation. 

TheHead said:
  The game was a disaster on the PC.  Game crippling lag and having my CPU usage maxed at 99%  The single player is okay. Has decent cut-scenes and an okay story.  It's the same crap Modern Warfare 2 and Medal of Honor are.  Short just okay single player and a multiplayer full of glitching, cheating and 13 yr olds who will question your seuxal orientation. 
Perhaps your PC isn't up to par with the standards of the game?  But if it is, and you're review is based on the first day of gaming, heck yeah everyone was saying it lagged like no tomorrow.  But since then, it was supposedly fixed. 
Oh and..sadly..don't most games come with the additional cheating and 13 year old kids questioning your sexual orientation? Haha

Final said:
Perhaps your PC isn't up to par with the standards of the game?  But if it is, and you're review is based on the first day of gaming, heck yeah everyone was saying it lagged like no tomorrow.  But since then, it was supposedly fixed. 
Oh and..sadly..don't most games come with the additional cheating and 13 year old kids questioning your sexual orientation? Haha

Well for me, my computer was above minimum requirements and my computer was maxing out and stuttering. why is it acceptable for them to release a game that needs patches right away (and the patches haven't even resolved all the issues)? Not to mention it crashed randomly about 4 times within the first two hours.

I regret buying this game.

Maelstrom said:
Well for me, my computer was above minimum requirements and my computer was maxing out and stuttering. why is it acceptable for them to release a game that needs patches right away (and the patches haven't even resolved all the issues)? Not to mention it crashed randomly about 4 times within the first two hours.

I regret buying this game.
Well..they set a date for release and rather than tell people that they want to push it back, they release the game prematurely.  Perhaps one of these days they'll get it right haha

Final said:

I have a six thousand dollar PC.  It's up to par.  The PC problem was happening to everyone with dual and quad core processors.

TheHead said:
  I have a six thousand dollar PC.  It's up to par.  The PC problem was happening to everyone with dual and quad core processors.
Dang..I wonder if my triple core CPU will stand up ok XD

It'll just take them some time to fix these stupid bugs.

Musical suggestion; if you got it, the Red Alert 3 soundtrack makes this game less sucky. 8)

I have to admit, Im like..never into game music, but Black Ops had some decent music per certain missions.  Kinda made them seem more epic.

Back