• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Call for contributions

The medals page is getting quite long for me.  Would it be possible to have a medal level, AFTER you have claimed the incentive, be "hidden" so that the page would be shorter?

I've taken away the progress bar for incentives you've already earned and purchased... is that better or worse?

You sound like an eye doctor Mike.  Is this one better, or this.  lol

But seriously, it looks much better.  It doesn't shorten it by much, but I find it much easier to look at and to follow to see where you are currently at.  Thank you!

Mike Bobbitt said:
I've taken away the progress bar for incentives you've already earned and purchased... is that better or worse?

Much easier to look at now, and I do like the change in the CE bar to show what you need for the next level, vice me doing math.

Yes,

Medals page IS much easier to read now!  Many thanks!

NS

In the menu along the top, an enhancement to the medals section would be to add an indicator showing the number of incentives available to purchase In the same manner as the available merit points show up in brackets on the per section when they are available to be spent.

Captsapper said:
In the menu along the top, an enhancement to the medals section would be to add an indicator showing the number of incentives available to purchase In the same manner as the available merit points show up in brackets on the per section when they are available to be spent.
This is a good idea.

It's a good idea, but not without (hidden) problems. Calculating eligibility for each medal tier is expensive, and I do it for every page load, we'll probably see a drop in performance.

Mike Bobbitt said:
It's a good idea, but not without (hidden) problems. Calculating eligibility for each medal tier is expensive, and I do it for every page load, we'll probably see a drop in performance.
It might be more feasible if you only use a single numeric row that updates in certain instances. It wouldn't be very dynamic and not completely accurate, but it could provide a decent idea of where you are at in terms of available incentives.

I may have missed it, but is there an invite friends link? Would be easier to get some of our friends playing. Not looking for something as annoying as Farmville that requires more friends to get some rewards (and pops up in your face all the time to invite people), but perhaps if you recruit a friend, and they get to Level 10, you get 1,000 Milpoints.

<--- nods

Puck has a good idea there....we're trying to grow the game a bit, but this week we've only gone from 750 to 782 players....having an "invite" button might be handy.

NS

PuckChaser said:
I may have missed it, but is there an invite friends link? Would be easier to get some of our friends playing. Not looking for something as annoying as Farmville that requires more friends to get some rewards (and pops up in your face all the time to invite people), but perhaps if you recruit a friend, and they get to Level 10, you get 1,000 Milpoints.
http://apps.facebook.com/afghan_ops/?function=fboptions

You can get there from the little Facebook icon on the navigation bar.

Mission:
Send money home to support army.ca after someone brings about a liable suit against Mike and the site.

Could we include numbers already owned and cost per, when the mouse scrolls over the items needed for a mission?

Back