• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Call for contributions

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
First off, thanks to everyone who has played the game and taken the time to comment on it here or via PM.

I know there are a lot of good ideas out there, so I wanted to solicit some help. Most areas of the game could use an improvement, and that could come in many forms:

• New Mission Ideas
  • Photos of equipment
  • Photos of locations in Afghanistan

I'm sure I'll think of more as time goes on, but I wanted to get the request out there... if you think you can contribute, I'd appreciate it!

Cheers
Mike

This may take some effort, but maybe you could branch the game out to include missions for the Airforce and Navy?

Something to consider in the future.

• Kandahar Air Field Flight Line (New Area)

o Do a preflight check on your aircraft (New item griffon, uses paperwork)
o Act as Door gunner on Griffon (New item minigun, uses 7.62 link, pol)
o Perform an air medevac to Role 3 (griffon and medic, uses pol)
o Fly a slingload of supplies to cut off troops (new item Chinook, uses pol)
o Find and destroy a Taliban IED emplacement team (griffon, uses 7.62 link and pol)

New items: CH146 Griffon, CH-47D Chinook

• Camp Mirage (New Area)

o Coordinate hockey game between CF team and Locals (completed paperwork)
o Help conduct a Relief in Place of the Battlegroup (completed paperwork, vest, uses 5.56 ball)
o Fly mission essential supplies into theatre (CC-130)
o *Conduct counterintelligence mission due to OPSEC leak at Camp

New item: CC-130 Hercules

If you add an Air Force portion, then the following as well:

Canada
- Fly troops to Afghanistan
- Train on aircraft
- Fly the C-130 for Basic Parachutist

Also, of course, add in the CF aircraft in there (possibly trainers as well for earlier levels?)

Holy crud puck, I'd like to do half those things in real life~~ those missions sounds interesting even if the game is all notional...there's a word from the past... :salute:

BYT Driver said:
Holy crud puck, I'd like to do half those things in real life~~ those missions sounds interesting even if the game is all notional...there's a word from the past... :salute:

You and me both! Thats why they were easy to come up with, its my wishlist for cool Army stuff to do  >:D

Here's one for the heli-buffs;
~fly a UAV on missions.
  ~search for Taliban.
  ~find a downed pilot.
  ~use IR to search for IEDs.

others???
:piper:

~take 7 years to learn to play the bagpipes~~~  LOL

PuckChaser said:
its my wishlist for cool Army stuff to do  >:D
Fire tracers on a C6 until you can see the rounds traveling through the barrel. ;D

Actually, that gives me a good idea (not sure if it's in the game already)... perhaps you could add barrels to the QM and make them a requirement for missions using those weapons (and then a scaled realistic lifespan for each).

And some missions:

Train ANP on ______ (something the ANP needs to be trained on)
Missions revolving around EOD techs
Call in a firing mission as a FOO (requires M777)
Call in a firing mission as a FAC (requires CF-18)
Storm a Taliban safe house

Great stuff guys! You'll see some of these missions are actually already there later in the game (won't spoil anything... ;)) but many are not (yet), so thanks!

Trinity, I can probably do a manual reset on request. And I imagine once I get the process down manually, automating it wouldn't be too hard...

There could be a Crowd Confrontation Op that you need to buy batons/shields for.

I notice that the C3 was on one of the earlier missions, perhaps the Timberwolf or MacMillan .50 cal in later missions if they aren't there already.  With those could also require the Coral C (or CRC).

Other trinkets that a soldier may carry that I haven't seen yet are the MNVGs, the PEQ 4, or the VWT Laser Dazzler that could be used for night ops or convoys.  Or a flashlight.

Don't forget the CadPat boots!

Mike Bobbitt said:
Trinity, I can probably do a manual reset on request. And I imagine once I get the process down manually, automating it wouldn't be too hard...

Nice.  Just to clarify, I don't want  to be reset.  I was just brainstorming.  I don't want to lose the 4 hours of time
invested arleady. 

Thanks, blessings.

Retire from the military and come back to Afg as a:
security consultant ....
Contractor at KAF (ATCO/SNC Lav/MDA etc)
CFPSA (timmies/Travel Consultant etc)

WrenchBender

Nice ideas guys, thanks!

One thing that I'm in "dire" need of is photos of locations around Afghanistan. As PuckChaser will soon find out, I only have location images up to level 70 right now. :)

So if anyone can share some photos - especially of iconic locations or scenery around Afg, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks
Mike

If you want to divulge the areas after level 70, send me a PM with the list. I have about 50 GB of pictures compiled during Roto 4 from all units, so I may be able to fill in some blanks.

If you add new medals, then the following bonuses could be a good idea:

+x Initiative (the initiative medal includes this, but it seems that you need initiative to get initiative)

+x Situational Awareness (same as above)

CR Refill (there is a medal with this already, but it's only for the first level)

Something to use paperwork, Afghani and cameras for, and probably more tea too: Landclaims for locals after battle damage.  Could toss in maps for it too, never could find most of the places some of them were talking about.

airmich said:
Something to use paperwork, Afghani and cameras for, and probably more tea too: Landclaims for locals after battle damage.  Could toss in maps for it too, never could find most of the places some of them were talking about.

All of those items have many other missions in later levels to use them for.

Back