• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Caffeine pills - they're bad mmmkay

alocin

Inactive
Reaction score
Just a friendly note to all the prospective members out there:
Caffeine pills (wake-ups, no-doze, etc) are a stimulant drug, and the use of caffeine in pill format will preclude the enrolment process until such a time when you are "clean" of them.

The more you know!

Edit: for accuracy

Who are you?
What is your reference?
How do you know this?
By what authority are you the authority?

The reason I ask is that a drive-by posting with no other information is just speculation.

Its in the CFLRS Hand Book I believe.

As in any work or civilian place, the military environment has specific rules. Each candidate must scrupulously follow these rules to avoid disciplinary and/or administrative sanctions.

Prohibited articles:
Here is a list of prohibited articles:

Fire arms or edged weapons (switch-blade knives, knives with blades longer than 6 inches)
Food stuff (fruits, chips, candy, etc.) and drinks, including supplements
Alcoholic beverages
Illegal substances (including caffeine concentrate "wake up")
Materials with sexual connotation (magazines, photos, DVD, accessories, etc)

http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/pd/bic-cib/index-eng.asp

KeoughJ said:
Its in the CFLRS Hand Book I believe.

Those are things you cannot bring to BMQ. That has sweet f**kall with the recruiting process.

Unless you are dumb enough to tell someone that you like "wake ups", you are highly unlikely to be excluded from the recruit process for caffeine in the body.  Heck, if they excluded everyone with caffeine we have to rely on hippy tree hugging vegans for national defence!

i believe it was a question on my drug questionnaire - have you taken, how much and when. But i'm not a 100% sure as clearly I dont get a copy of the questionnaire.

That said - the military quite often enrolls people that have done worse - as long as ur not currently doing drugs, and agree to the CF QR&O's and agree to not do them anymore once in.

fraserdw said:
Unless you are dumb enough to tell someone that you like "wake ups", you are highly unlikely to be excluded from the recruit process for caffeine in the body.  Heck, if they excluded everyone with caffeine we have to rely on hippy tree hugging vegans for national defence!

I answered the drug use questionnaire honestly, there's no shame in that. I haven't taken anything that I thought was a drug in years. Unfortunately, I thought wrong. It's not "caffeine in the body," it's caffeine pills in particular, of the "wake-ups" or "no-doze" persuasion.

alocin

Alcohol is on the list too is it not?
I'm going to go waaaay out on a limb and say... some... of the people who are looking at joining may have used alcohol before.

And even if you couldn't continue the process until you were "off" of the caffeine "effect" wouldn't that delay your process by like 5 hours?

You might want to consider that people who may work in recruiting have already told you it doesn't matter when you are applying.

Don't bring them to basic, even if you do they'll just take them away anyways, just like you shouldn't bring your 2-4 of Pilsner to basic.

Also don't tell them that you only use the Pilsner for "wake-ups".

All I know is that the guy that I was doing the fitness testing with failed the first time because he had an energy drink before, which made his heart rate too high.

fraserdw said:
Heck, if they excluded everyone with caffeine we have to rely on hippy tree hugging vegans for national defence!
Or Mormons.

He didn't fail his fitness test, he was not medically cleared to be tested. Small difference in wording, larger difference in career implications.

Caffeine pills are great for you. Recruits fall asleep all the time, their weak bodies aren't used to staying away in brutal soul breaking conditions they face (air conditioned class rooms for 40 minute periods)

Try crushing caffeine pills in a protein shake mixed with cretatine then drink a water bottle with a scoop of hyperFX. Then a sugar free rockstar an hour later(suar free because you probably need to loose weight)

You'll have so much caffeine in your system people will seem like they are moving in slow motion.

ObedientiaZelum said:
Caffeine pills are great for you. Recruits fall asleep all the time, their weak bodies aren't used to staying away in brutal soul breaking conditions they face (air conditioned class rooms for 40 minute periods)

Try crushing caffeine pills in a protein shake mixed with cretatine then drink a water bottle with a scoop of hyperFX. Then a sugar free rockstar an hour later(suar free because you probably need to loose weight)

You'll have so much caffeine in your system people will seem like they are moving in slow motion.

My sarcasm detector went off the scale!!!

Let's be realistic here: If you're going to bother crushing caffeine pills, might as well snort them.

funny how you can drink a coffee in the morning during BMQ but cant take a pill with the same amount of caffeine than about 2 coffee

thanks logic !

ZacLeChasseur said:
funny how you can drink a coffee in the morning during BMQ but cant take a pill with the same amount of caffeine than about 2 coffee

thanks logic !

At the same time who knows what else are in these pills, plus I am sure there is some difference in the way the caffeine is digested/absorbed/can't find the right word for it, in the body...even if not they must have a legitimate reason.

It's funny because when I was talking to the recruiter about the drug release form, the sheet asked me how many drinks of alcohol I had. Not how many nights I have drank....I put like 2000 down and I was pretty worried for awhile about getting in, but it wasn't a big issue.

ZacLeChasseur said:

thanks logic !

The word 'myopic' comes to mind...

dangles said:
It's funny because when I was talking to the recruiter about the drug release form, the sheet asked me how many drinks of alcohol I had. Not how many nights I have drank....I put like 2000 down and I was pretty worried for awhile about getting in, but it wasn't a big issue.
That's funny, made me choke on my pseudoephedrine.
Don't they ask for the period of time: "How many drinks of alcohol have you had in the last week?"

cheers

Quite a bit of speculation going on in here.  Caffeine pills ARE on the Non-Prescribed Drug Questionaire.  Based on the information you provide, the MCC's have a matrix they use to determine whether or not your NPD use (including alcohol) precludes you from further recruiting processing.  And yes I have seen people counselled out for alcohol use.

I have used caffeine pills before, and there is a distinct difference between them, coffee and even energy drinks.  My guess is that...since no one can ingest 2 large coffees in a single gulp, it must be harder to manage.  Oh boy do I remember when I got jumped off the "caffeine train".  I stopped using coffee, tea and caffeine pills cold turkey on a Monday.  A slug would have got more work done that entire week.  I could only imagine if the "coffee rations" didn't get to a forward base/camp for say a week.  I'd have to inform myself on the combat effectiveness of a squadron of slugs...

Back