• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadpat for reserves?

DEVES

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering not really a big deal. Ive done a search and cant find anything on if they issue Cadpat kit  to new reservists. Do they still issue OD's or Cadpat. Oh and how about Ruck's? do they issue the small pack or just the old Alice style pack.

Ill probably get a smart remark for this one but just wondering?

Take care. :salute:

My recruiter told me new reservists get cadpat, so that's what i'm going to tell you.

Since you're in Edmonton, your basic clothing is issued by Base Clothing.   This includes combats and enviromental clothing (all of which should be cadpat)and rucksack.   As far as the small pack goes, I don't know.   If the unit you're going to has been issued the tac vest, then you should get it from them when you arrive at the unit.   I think.   Webbing used to be issued by Base Clothing but I think that changed after the tac vest is issued.   My unit has been issued tac vests for a while, but I'm elsewhere now, so I don't know about the other units in town.

Edited so I actually answered the question

Funny someone should ask this...

I was driving through the Wal-Mart parking lot the other day  (Whatever smartass comments you have at this point, pls shove em') - :p - and noticed a soldier packing up a fan full of stuff.  He looked as if he was recently off duty - but the point is:  HE WAS STILL WEARING OLIVE DRAB.  Good heavens, please tell me he's a freak and that there still aren't mass amounts of reservists without their CADPAT?  (I was issued CADPAT like 2yrs ago just as I was getting out of the reserves - I really hope this isn't the case).

CBH99 said:
Funny someone should ask this...

I was driving through the Wal-Mart parking lot the other day   (Whatever smartass comments you have at this point, pls shove em') - :p - and noticed a soldier packing up a fan full of stuff.   He looked as if he was recently off duty - but the point is:   HE WAS STILL WEARING OLIVE DRAB.   Good heavens, please tell me he's a freak and that there still aren't mass amounts of reservists without their CADPAT?   (I was issued CADPAT like 2yrs ago just as I was getting out of the reserves - I really hope this isn't the case).

Must have been a cadet. Reserves get CADPAT right from BMQ for quite some time now.

Or a CIC Officer, of which if you happen to be entitled, still may get issued OD's depends on the support base.  As it stands currently, all Air CIC Officers are still in OD's mainly because we buy them ourselves.

Yes, we're reservists too.

cheers

PV

Down at head shed on the Rideau (NDHQ) its
3 pairs of pants
3 pairs of shirts
the dark Green Goretex Jacket
2 pairs of boots

and thats it unless you are in the full time component of the Army in a Bde

So much for the biz about we`re all one Army!

I've been in the reserves for three years now and for the first year i had all of the old stuff. But after year one, i got all cadpat and gortex kit. As for the small pack, our unit has not got that yet we are in 31 brigade so hopefully we will get it soon, and when we do everyone in our unit including new reservist will get it

;D  You left a few important words out of your post....."has have not got" .....  "new reservist we will get it".

Now it makes some sense to me.....  ;D

Just havin fun.  ;D

wow sorry about that! i guess i shouldn't try to eat and type at the same time,  ;D

In some brigades/units you don't get any IECS kit untill you have BMQ an/or SQ complete.

2332Piper said:
My little sister got kitted out last week and she got the CADPAT uniforms, but was still issued the old jean jacket (and no winter kit, which makes sense seeing as she's going on a winter BMQ), old gloves, old everything actually except for the combats...and a gerber which happens to be more high speed then mine.   :D

Oh, she's in the Mo too. So thats what they are doing as of last week here in Ottawa for new reserve recruits (I got some gortex kit as a newbie, its a mixed bag at the moment).

In the Mo you get a basic recruit scale of issue from clothing stores but winter kit like white cam, arctic mitts, snowshoes, etc. will come from your unit Q.

you know what i just realized that i have know idea what the cadpat is made out of I'm guessing not cotton because it sucks in allot of water but all the other materials i can think of are to loud ( when they rub against eachother)

i know someones gonna tell me to look someware else but whatever

Cabose

Cabose said:
you know what i just realized that i have know idea what the cadpat is made out of I'm guessing not cotton because it sucks in allot of water but all the other materials i can think of are to loud ( when they rub against eachother)

i know someones gonna tell me to look someware else but whatever

Cabose

Probably not. At least until we can figure out your spelling and grammar, and fathom WTF your talking about.

recceguy said:
Probably not. At least until we can figure out your spelling and grammar, and fathom WTF your talking about.

I don't understand!  your post makes no sense!

Ohhh you meant you're

Sorry I coudln't resist.  Everyone makes mistakes, especially spelling.

I thought combats were made of cotton but on closer inspection it doesn't say.  Anyone know for sure?

recceguy said:
sorry tired and spell checker didn't pick it up so that didn't help but whatever i do wonder what the hell you mean by fathom wtf

Cabose said:
sorry tired and spell checker didn't pick it up so that didn't help but whatever i do wonder what the heck you mean by fathom wtf

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fathom

fath ·om 

tr.v. fath ·omed, fath ·om ·ing, fath ·oms

1. To penetrate to the meaning or nature of; comprehend.

I thought combats were made of cotton but on closer inspection it doesn't say.  Anyone know for sure?

Combat are made of 50/50 PolyCoton fabric, like the old OD.

I thought it was a nylon-cotton blend....

I got issued CadPat combats, all brand new/never worn, except the pants are all newer style with covered buttons and the shirts are all older with exposed buttons.  I find the pants to be nice and soft, but the material in the shirts is rather stuff.

Everything else I was issued was older stuff, some of it brand new/never issued and some of it used.  The only exception was the bivy bag: mine is CadPat and I understand it is quite desireable; every Cpl who has seen it as marvelled over it and told me to be careful.

I was at NDHQ clothing stores.  I watched a young private (Had BMQ and SQ but no DP1 yet) get turned away when he tried to draw winter clothing (Gortex and fleece).  They gave him the song and dance about him not being entitled till he has his DP1.  This is going to make for one miserable QM assistant/sentry tech this winter while he trains with his unit. 
Heck, this is the only time I've heard that someone had to wait till summer to get his winter kit.

Back