• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadpat Chicken Cannon...

chrisf

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I haven‘t watched air-farce for a while... when did Col. Stacey and the like get issued cadpats? And notice the dress boots at the bottom? And the bottom string not tucked in? Tut tut tut...

Out of curiosity, anyone know what hat-badges they were wearing?

they have the arty cap badge I believe (Cept Stacey), and the got CADPAT years ago, like around 2000

That‘s what I figured for the other two, still, anyone know what Theresa wears?

At least he doesn‘t have goretex boots.

Haha.

But it‘s most likly fake though, right?

lol yeah, saw that one too. Did anyone notice what ranks the other two guys are?

Roger Abbot definitly had a MCpl rank slide...

As to whether they‘re issue or imitation, the rank slides are on the front, and they‘ve all got real name tape. Given the fact that the CBC is a crown corporation set up by the federal government, and given the fact that the Chicken Cannon does not poke fun at the Canadian military, I can‘t see why they aren‘t real issue uniforms.

Addition:

First Appearence of the Chicken Cannon. The uniforms and drill have improved since...

http://www.royalcanadianairfarce.com/video/031224ih.rm

the uniforms are real. I have an article somewhere, that talks about it. They were given to the crew of chicken cannon/air farce as a kind of thank you for there support of canadian troops abroad. they always advertise the "Write to the troops" at holiday season, and also they occasionaly have soldiers on the show to help with the procedures, ie: the brandon episode where the enitre 26th field arty regt, was on the show. They were given to them under condition that they be worn properly, and did not disgrace the uniform, i will try and find the article and post it here.

Col Stacy proudly wears a gunner cap badge (and well he should).

If you read mapleleaf there was an article on this. http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/Community/MapleLeaf/html_files/html_view_e.asp?page=vol5_16army

A regular force WO of my acquaintance wrote to higher authority and asked why the CBC is issuing CADPAT while his platoon still has yet to see the new uniforms (as of this writing, he is still waiting). He was told to mind his own business...

While the WO‘s complaints about not having a CadPat uniform are certainly justified, I can‘t see that NOT giving CBC four uniforms would result in he and his platoon being issued uniforms.

It is called public relations.. at a time when the CADPAT was brand new, the Forces saw this as an opportunity to show it off to the public. I am almost positive the "clothe the soldier" people pulled a couple of uniforms off the Trial and Evaluation rack so they could be outfitted.. I had a set back in 2000 when the rest of the Army didn‘t.. is that bad? (it was for public relations at the war museum in Ottawa)

Bzz

I remember when the first got them, and I believe it was the end season show for Mar 2001, they were issued just prior to the first issues in the summer of 2001 to 5 CMBG. The crew of the chicken cannon all wear appropriate Arty Cap badges. Col Stacy, the Bdr(sorry just about said Cpl) who fires the gun and only in the little while has Abbot been wearing MBdr rank. I believe he didn‘t wear rank last year.

Personally I think its a good thing. Saying that, we are still waiting, here in Bosnia in our 4th month, for our deployment issue of the ‘new‘ buttons covered CADPAT. The washing system is giving our clothes a good beating.

only in the little while has Abbot been wearing MBdr rank. I believe he didn‘t wear rank last year.
Well if Mr. Abbot got promoted I think he should follow tradition and protocol and step to the bar and give the bell a good and proper ringing :)

Back