• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadet Smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
BinRat55 said:
Learning anything in the circus these days?  :warstory:

Yes, that I love my job and the system (when it's in my favor). I also learned that smokers get more breaks at work, but I don't smoke anymore, so I lose there. Funny thing though, I worked in supply when I was in cadets, and now I'm a Bin Rat in the real world, creepy eh.

Chapeski said:
I also learned that smokers get take more breaks at work

Non-smokers can take a break as often as smokers do.

Chapeski said:
Yes, that I love my job and the system (when it's in my favor). I also learned that smokers get more breaks at work, but I don't smoke anymore, so I lose there. Funny thing though, I worked in supply when I was in cadets, and now I'm a Bin Rat in the real world, creepy eh.

I need a pair of Combat Boots and if you can, dig me up a set of DND plates.

Chapeski said:
I also learned that smokers get more breaks at work, but I don't smoke anymore, so I lose there.

I don't smoke anymore either, but if everyone who smokes is going out, I'm taking a break too.

PMedMoe said:
Non-smokers can take a break as often as smokers do.

I usually keep working, force of habit.

bwatch said:
I need a pair of Combat Boots and if you can, dig me up a set of DND plates.

I don't know about that one. Getting a DND plate, not my Department, sorry.

bms said:
Smoking is still allowed in Cadets.

At NACSTC Connaught for instance, there is a square of string tied to poles in front of the canteen where Cadets may smoke. And it doesn't seem to be a big issue, Major General Petras(I think) was there to talk to us about our international exchanges(I went to Scotland). Infact, Connaught has a smoking policy for Cadets.

Well, if I am correct the "NO SMOKING" policy is a Canada-wide policy that is obviously poorly enforced if cadets (whether staff or course cadet - regardless) are "permitted" to smoke in certain locations - Vernon has VERY strict enforcement of the policy.

EDIT: Oh, I read the PDF... never mind then.

hey AV about what you said about they cant d anything about it if it is a smoking area... when i was in vernon in 07 i was RTU'd for smoking in the smoking area where the officers smoked and that went on my record as a demerit and prevented m from passing my CLI course which intern prevented me from getting promoted and then i was asked not to return after the summer so i couldnt finish my last two years and get my 5 year cadet servic medal would i have a legal case if i wanted to take the time ormoney to do something about it....

25 push ups private    :pushup: :cdnsalute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back