• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C9 Weapons Accessories

AspiringInfantier

Inactive
Reaction score
I've tried looking up C9 Accessories all over the web and I get nothin but airsoft sites, pretty much i'm lookin for a rail system, possibly a foregrip although the foregrip I got issued might work with it, and a collapsible butt stock.

I've seen some threads on this site talking about it, but so far i've only see the one site with a rail system on it and it doesn't ship to Canada.

Sorry if there is a thread about this anywhere but I haven't been able to find it with the search function, so if anyone out there has sites they know which carry C9 or M249 SAW weapons accessories could you please share them?

thanks.

Save some trouble and go ask your CQ. If he doesn' have it...then you do not absolutely need it. Don't waste your money buying it.

St. Micheals Medical Team said:
Save some trouble and go ask your CQ. If he doesn' have it...then you do not absolutely need it. Don't waste your money buying it.

That's a load of BS, rail systems are availible for the C9/M249 places to look/ask would be Wolverine Supplies, The Shooting Edge, CRAFM and others.If one relied on the CF to give the soldier what was actually needed we would still be wearing wool uniforms with Blancoed webbing.

MG34 said:
That's a load of BS, rail systems are availible for the C9/M249 places to look/ask would be Wolverine Supplies, The Shooting Edge, CRAFM and others.If one relied on the CF to give the soldier what was actually needed we would still be wearing wool uniforms with Blancoed webbing.

But most if not all units will frown on modifiying any weapons in Canada.

After looking at your name and blank profile; I recommend that you use what the QM provides, until you get to a unit or are getting ready to deploy as a C9 gunner (and then, your unit may buy it for you).

Thanks for the one helpful reply,

but my question was if anyone knows of any rail system websites to please post them, if not refrain from posting because it doesn't really pertain to the subject.

Whether i'm in a unit, preparing for deployment, or in training has no bearing on the original thread question.

Nfld Sapper said:
But most if not all units will frown on modifiying any weapons in Canada.

1RCR was saying the same thing before the tour.

And No one modified their weapons in anyway other then in cosmetic things such as rail hand guards....careful what you insinuate Yeoman.

KAC makes a excellent rail for the front.

The US mil is also making a rail system (a two piece clamp on setup) via Pictatinny. 

I will refrain from offering a comment on the knowledge of those that buy kit for the CF...  ;)

HitorMiss said:
And No one modified their weapons in anyway other then in cosmetic things such as rail hand guards....careful what you insinuate Yeoman.

all depends on how you would say modify :D
not saying guys were throwing in different triggers of a whole new barrel. but I know of a couple of guys that used rails. heck I've seen a vltor stock on a c9a2. why he needed that, even I'm confused.

The Aussie version is having a RAS mount where the front handguard used to be. On Ops, I had  scrounged up a swag full of 30rd M16 mags from the Yanks, and a bunch of M249 heatshields for our Minimis too.

We only used the Para Minimi, with the bipod removed, and a KAC foregrip, along with the M249 heatshield which was an asset as it stopped the lads burning themselves when crawling in and out in the shooter/operator roles on the ASLAVs.

The Eotech sights were also common, along with the ELCAN C79, and the standard ADI 1.5X job too.

Cheers,

Wes

Nfld Sapper said:
But most if not all units will frown on modifiying any weapons inCanada.

Point....

Sorry Bud,
I"ll own you a beer before you smack me.

Regards,
TN2IC

That's not entirely accurate either,I have not used an Elcan on my rifle except for parades for quite some time, nor do i use the extended cocking handle...if something doesn't work you get rid of it or change it.

MG To be fair though there is a slight difference in rank between you and well me for instance HAHAHAHAHA

Now if I was back in Recce.......

MG34 said:
If one relied on the CF to give the soldier what was actually needed we would still be wearing wool uniforms with Blancoed webbing.

Yes, you are correct. But there still is no need for a young inexperienced Pte who is not deploying overseas to purchase any of the gear he is inquiring about with his own dime.

Esp for a C9...like you can use it on your own privatly purchased weapon afterward?

You mean you don't own one?? Hmm I thought everybody did :)

The neat thing about kit is that it can be passed on to the next guy, I have a holster and some other kit that has been circulating around A'stan for over a year now. Provided the kit is of decent quality there is no reason that any soldier should not be able to use it,as long as he/she/it knows that the military will not replace it or do maint. on it (unless you bribe the Mat Tech with a beverage or 12).
I don't restrict even my youngest Ptes from purchasing kit and using it on Ex and on OPS, there is nothing wrong with thinking outside the box,espescially a small one like the CF has seen fit to place us in.

So you think of it as a box...I consider it was more of a round hole they hammer you square pegs into.

Must be a matter of perception.

;D

In responce to people not moding weapons in Canada. I just finish the gunfighter and let me tell ya I've seen dudes slap on full rail kits on there C7s and grips. the only thing is thing put there weapons back to stock before putting them back to CQ.

ProPatria031 said:
In responce to people not moding weapons in Canada. I just finish the gunfighter and let me tell ya I've seen dudes slap on full rail kits on there C7s and grips. the only thing is thing put there weapons back to stock before putting them back to CQ.

There's modifying, and then there's modifying. Generally anything that involves a permanent mod to the weapon, or something that takes weapon's tech tools to do isn't a good idea (No buying your own retracting stock for your C7A1, replacing your pistol grip with something gucci, etc etc), whereas swapping handguards to mount a rail and such is generally no big deal. There are exceptions to everything, of course.

Back