• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C9 Weapons Accessories

No  actually the Pistol grip, butt stock are all made to be removable easily, and can be changed, alot of guys were using VLTOR buttstocks, and using Ergo grip / Tango Down pistol grips.
A screw driver is not an exclusive Wpns Tech tool ;D

I used the VLTOR butt and the Ergo grip, so did GO!!! (he had mine)

A buddy of mine had managed to get ahold of a KAC M249 rail and an aluminum grip pod (http://www.grippod.com/). It looked like a pretty sweet set-up, and something I might consider getting if the gear didn't cost so much. A rail system, grip pod, short barrel, telescopic butt, a few nut sacks, and maybe an Eotech... thats hitting the beach in style. 8)

Here's another bit of gucci kit that might work well for a C9. Finding a good sling for that weapon would be pretty high on my list of priorities if I were still a C9 gunner.

http://www.blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=5&prod_id=88

Its basically a Vickers sling with a shoulder pad, metal hooks, and some nomex to protect itself from hot MG barrels. I swear by the original vickers sling for my C7, and I don't see why the concept wouldn't work for an LMG. The Vickers is a two point sling with a tab you can pull to quickly adjust the length. It has the same effect of a 3 point sling, but without the extra strap running along side the weapon. This is particularly usefull on an LMG because there's no strap getting to get caught up on your ammo as it feeds into the tray.

The original Vickers combat applications sling:
http://www.blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=5&prod_id=79

The only issue I see with the Vickers MG sling is that it was designed for the C6 (M240) and it's hard to tell if it will adjust enough to fit the shorter C9.

Thoughts?

Wonderbread said:
The only issue I see with the Vickers MG sling is that it was designed for the C6 (M240) and it's hard to tell if it will adjust enough to fit the shorter C9.

Thoughts?

Yes it does. I use it with my C9.

Opps... never mind. I use the Contactor Pak. Tad pain in the butt.. but still works.

wonderbread; odds are you purchased a gen. 1 sling like I did.
I had the same problem with my sling. I purchased it from Darren at Oneshot. I'm going with you did. I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I can get that sling exchange with him since I had the same problem when I carried a c9. I'll probably get it exchanged and give it to one of the gunners in my section to use anyways. someone's got to teach these kids what shiny kit is.

wonderbread; odds are you purchased a gen. 1 sling like I did.
I had the same problem with my sling. I purchased it from Darren at Oneshot. I'm going with you did. I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I can get that sling exchange with him since I had the same problem when I carried a c9. I'll probably get it exchanged and give it to one of the gunners in my section to use anyways. someone's got to teach these kids what shiny kit is.

Woah, slow down buddy.

I don't own a Vickers Machine Gun sling. I just said that it LOOKED LIKE a good piece of kit.

I do own a Vickers Combat Applications sling - the original that was designed for a carbine. I KNOW that it is a good piece of kit.

I can't say for sure the limitations of a Vickers MG sling because I have never handled one before. But I do have experience with the original sling which is of similar design. My concern was that because the Vickers MG sling looks like it was designed for a C6, it might not fit the C9 properly. Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but it seemed like you were taking my comments out of context.

sorry bread my bad. thought it said you did own one was all.
that's another ball I dropped then.
well once I get that sling exchanged, you're always more then welcome to come over and pick up and give it a go.

MG34 said:
No  actually the Pistol grip, butt stock are all made to be removable easily, and can be changed, alot of guys were using VLTOR buttstocks, and using Ergo grip / Tango Down pistol grips.
A screw driver is not an exclusive Wpns Tech tool ;D

Oops, I stand corrected- I knew all it took was a screwdriver, but I didn't realize guys were actually getting away with that mod. Thanks.

Bri if you are changing your pistol grip just make sure your rifle is upside down. There is a little spring like thing that fits into a recess in the pistol grip and it has to be there when you put the pistol grip on so don't lose it for the love of god!

HitorMiss said:
Bri if you are changing your pistol grip just make sure your rifle is upside down. There is a little spring like thing that fits into a recess in the pistol grip and it has to be there when you put the pistol grip on so don't lose it for the love of god!

I'm not gonna go worrying about that for quite some time, if at all.  ;) Thanks for the advice though.

I could just imagine trying to explain that one, though...

"You... you were what?"

Back