• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C7A2 Foregrip?

multihobbist said:
Some of the units at least in Ottawa have foregrips issued with the weapon.
Is this nation wide?

The vert grip is not a Ottawa specific item,  not sure if every unit has them, but I would think a lot(Cbt Arms at least) have them.

I've had an issued foregrip since the C7A2 came into service....I thought it was part of the EIS for it... ???

Our fore grip is "OK"  I found that most installed it backwards??? but I find the rails we use are junk. Most guys went with a for-grip from Brownell or other like places. I for one used it on every engagement within gunfighter range.

The rifle over all should be similar to the current US issue M4 or 16 with a floating rail system, troops with in reason should be able to mod their guns for training or ops. But I seem to remember one Army RSM that claimed our kit was the envy of NATO....guess he didn't do a patrol with our current NVGS, or try to keep up to LAVS in a  bison.

NFLD Sapper said:
I've had an issued foregrip since the C7A2 came into service....I thought it was part of the EIS for it... ???

Nope, our unit just got C7A2 and no foregrips.  No talks of recieving any in the near future either.  Although I have seen them on about 50% of the rifles at Connaught.

Robert0288 said:
Nope, our unit just got C7A2 and no foregrips.  No talks of recieving any in the near future either.  Although I have seen them on about 50% of the rifles at Connaught.

We seem to be sitting about half and half too.

Rookie Green said:
American M4s and M16s have a KAC RAS, which I'm pretty sure isn't free floating....

That's right. Floating means that they're totally seprate and don't contact the barrel (or any part thereof) so that accessories/grips don't "pull" on the barrel. I've never really noticed it a problem, the only time I could see a real difference is if you had a rail mounted M203 or a bipod. KAC rails are relatively inexpensive and will do the job; and most CoC don't mind them; as it makes things like PEQs harder to lose. Never personally owned one (though I know lots of guys that do), but they seem very very practical.

Snaketnk said:
KAC rails are relatively inexpensive
As opposed to what?

In the world of pop-in style RASs, the M5 KAC is pretty well at the top of the price scale and in fact many respectable free float RASs can be had for less.

That being said, I still bought a set.

I meant "in the big scheme of things", sorry if that wasn't clear. It's the same price as a weekend at the bars.

Back