• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C7 and C7A2

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterschris

Inactive
Reaction score
What does the C stand for in C7, C7A2 and possibly in C13 grenade? Just curious in knowing. 

Canada. All our small arms start with the designator C to denote a Canadian designation.

Well.  I was told that the "M" in M60 Tank, M67 Grenade, M72 Rocket Launcher, M113 APC, etc. etc. etc. meant that it was " 'Merican Boy, 'Merican". 

It means Cake. You can trust me, the cake is never a lie.

Some how I doubt COLT makes, the C-4 Gas Mask or the C-79 Optical Sight....yes C stands for CANADA (with some caveats) ....

new kid on the block said:
Could it be Colt since the rifle was manufactured by Colt Canada or you 100 percent the C stands for Canada
The C1,C2,C3,C6,C9 are not made by colt............  And the C7,C8 were made by Dimaco......

Hatchet Man said:
Don't forget most (all?) aircraft also have a C designation.

I think Air Forces broke tradition on that one, though. I'd don't think the C-130 is Colt Canadian made.

Shamrock said:
I think Air Forces broke tradition on that one, though. I'd don't think the C-130 is Colt Canadian made.

Neither is the C6 or the C9. All of the ones I used were made in Belgium. The "C" designates a piece of kit in Canadian service, not necessarily Canadian manufacture. The rifles made in Kitchener by Colt Canada that are intended for use by the British Army are called the L119, even though they look suspiciously similar to a C8.

And in the case of the Herc, the Air Force puts the C for Canadian in front of the C for cargo -- technically the RCAF considers it a CC-130.

The OP hasn't been back since they asked the question, although the question has been answered more than once.

No need to continue.

---Staff---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back