• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

British teacher 'hit disruptive pupil with a dumbbell'

Cane across the knuckles from a nun in Grade 1.  Crime....chewing gum.

beach_bum said:
Cane across the knuckles from a nun in Grade 1.  Crime....chewing gum.

ouch! That's really old school.

I was just remembering when Bill Murray was testing the guy and girl in "Ghostbusters". He gave the guy an electric shock every time he gave a wrong answer ( for him, there were no right answers! )

Math textbook upside the head in grade 4. No clue what I did, but it probably involved me being a smartass.

Kick in the shin from a grade 10 history teacher.  Absolutely no reason..... honest.
Over the teacher's knee in front of the class with ruler on the butt.  Crime: talking in the washroom.  Looking back, even in as a grade 3 kid I recognized that she was hot.  Mmmmm maybe that's why I...  ummm never mind.

mariomike said:
We live in a time when police stationed in schools is the "new normal".
( 2008 ):
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2008/06/25/police-schools.html

Hmmm... that article is from 2008... I graduated in 07, and I remember it was grade 10 or 11 when they tore down some walls and built an office for the new, full-time RCMP officer that would be at our school from 7am - 5pm every day. (This was in Fort McMurray).

Always thought it was a stupid idea, but not having them armed with their usual array of tools just because they're at a school now?

ballz said:
Hmmm... that article is from 2008... I graduated in 07, and I remember it was grade 10 or 11 when they tore down some walls and built an office for the new, full-time RCMP officer that would be at our school from 7am - 5pm every day. (This was in Fort McMurray).

Always thought it was a stupid idea, but not having them armed with their usual array of tools just because they're at a school now?

As far as I know, they are armed. "Last September, Toronto police expanded the school resource officer program, assigning armed, uniformed officers to 50 schools, up from 30 in the scheme’s inaugural year.":
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/toronto/trimming-the-fat-from-torontos-police-budget/article1529929/

Yes I understand that and it was stated clearly in the first article that they would remain armed.

What I find stupid is that it seems (from the first article) like a person or two or ten had a problem with them remaining armed, and even more stupefying, it seems like people may have actually given them a second thought.

Back