• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Boxing clubs on or near base

Rohandro

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not there was some sort of boxing club in the CAF itself or if there are any boxing clubs a reasonable distance from CFB's such as Petawawa, Edmonton, Shilo, and Gagetown

Thank you

Rohandro, I have seen your other thread, the locked one. I am glad you are thinking about boxing, I was going to reply to that one and suggest exactly that. I am fairly new to boxing myself, but thoroughly enjoy it, by far the best cardio ever. Not to mention the actual sparring :).  If there are more than one club in the vicinity, I recommend checking them all, in boxing it is VERY important who is coaching you, some demented old boxers should just retire in peace.

Ive actually been boxing for a long while now I left it about a year ago to concentrate on school but now I was thinking of picking it up again so I just wanted to find a good facility to train at, I cant really find anything near petawawa though so I hope I don't get put there :/

Rohandro said:
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not there was some sort of boxing club in the CAF itself or if there are any boxing clubs a reasonable distance from CFB's such as Petawawa, Edmonton, Shilo, and Gagetown
Thank you

If memory serves me correctly, the CF distanced itself from pugulism back in the mid to late 80's.  I think it "might" fall under the umbrella of an "extreme sport" today.  I am sure someone who works for PSP would be able to expand on this.

So I don't think you are going to find it available on any Base/Wing as an organized activity.

It might be available in Messes from time to time but definitely not as an "organized" event or activity.

DAA said:
If memory serves me correctly, the CF distanced itself from pugulism back in the mid to late 80's.  I think it "might" fall under the umbrella of an "extreme sport" today.  I am sure someone who works for PSP would be able to expand on this.

So I don't think you are going to find it available on any Base/Wing as an organized activity.

It might be available in Messes from time to time but definitely not as an "organized" event or activity.

I could see why they wouldn't want soldiers beating each other up but it still sucks its not available as an option on all the bases even as a recreational activity

Back