• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bomb hunters TV show

The CLC applies to working divers unless specifically exempt......where can I get a reference for your post? When I dive and do searches for explosives etc I am still subject to the CLC.

Just looking for an expansion on what you said.

The jurisdiction issues go back to what the main purpose of the organization does. For example RCMP divers are covered under the code because according to the Code they are a federal undertaking, salvage divers might be under the code, due to the business's main activity falling under one of the elements listed in section 2 of the Act. However the diving for other purposes, that falls outside of section 2 would be under provincial jurisdiction

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/L-2/page-1.html#h-2

An example from the provinces is here from BC:

http://www2.worksafebc.com/Publications/OHSRegulation/Part24.

interesting.

good stuff- Im learning the law stuff still. Id rather just be under water.....    :p

Watched one episode yesterday. Lost interest after 10 minutes. Won't be back.

The whole show really stretches the credibility of the trade. Don't treat the audience like simpletons....we don't need things repeated 6 ways from Sunday to get the point it may go "boomie".

I ended up watching CNN....it was more intelligent. Oh, God.....what am I saying!!

Agree with you, as I said much earlier, very Hollywood'ish (who else would call an "Explosive Ordnance", a "BOMB"), but I stand corrected as I can't believe that XTech got involved with this drama show (shame on you Eric - LOL).
I guess the message here is that there are #$%^ load of EOs out there across the country and there is a need to clean up the environment, but please do not dramatise it (18Pdr Flat Head WP!!! Checking presence of WP Filling with a pencil through the base of a tracer element... Come on, give me a break...)
Again, "Range Clearance" not as sexy as "Bomb Hunting"

Everyone out there calls them bombs, bullets, rounds, projectiles, items, anomalies, and thingamajigs.  Not a lot of guys when we first strike metal get too hung up on guessing what an item is until we can see it.

Back