• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ - St. Jean - March 2011

BrandonSharp

Inactive
Reaction score
Well, I swear in on February 22, and start BMQ in March.

Has anyone else been given these kind of dates?

congrats!! ;D

hopefully i will hear from some one soon about then its my turn....

lol pretty much. I'm keeping an eye on the whole trade merger.

I'm just gunna ride it out and see how it goes. Either way, I'm glad that I'm in. This is what I've been waiting so long for  :)

The process will be transparent to you, its your supervisor that will complain about them screwing everything up.  :nod:

So basically, rather than being trained in just that one area, I'll be generalized into all 3? If I'm not mistaken...

Meh, oh well.  :p

89Sharp said:
So basically, rather than being trained in just that one area, I'll be generalized into all 3? If I'm not mistaken...

For the first part of the training. We have a thread on the amalgamation that has pretty much compiled all the information the serving Jimmys have. Its right here: Happy Reading

I've been given a BMQ date of March 17.  No swearing in date as of yet.  NE Tech(C).

Well dev_tech, I'll probably see you there!

I'm surprised you haven't been given a swearing in date yet though.

Just got off the phone with rc.  Swear in Feb 17 and fly out Mar 5!  See you there, Sharp. :cdn:

Ill sneak a quick question in here, with leaving march 5th, and the course starting the 17th, what does one do for those 12 days? Do you get kitted out then? Are there any classes to attend? Do you start getting paid when you arrive, or not until the course starts? Are you allowed to attatch yourself to another Plt. for PT, or at least watch/sit in on a few classes?

12 days is the longest in-between arrive/course start that ive noticed.

Ok, i lied, a couple questions ;)

Lare said:
Ill sneak a quick question in here, with leaving march 5th, and the course starting the 17th, what does one do for those 12 days? Do you get kitted out then? Are there any classes to attend? Do you start getting paid when you arrive, or not until the course starts? Are you allowed to attatch yourself to another Plt. for PT, or at least watch/sit in on a few classes?

12 days is the longest in-between arrive/course start that ive noticed.

Ok, i lied, a couple questions ;)

I know this is gunna come off as redundant and "douchy", but ask a recruiter.
I'm in no position to say exactly how it goes, seeing as I haven't done it yet, but to get a correct response, I would chat with anyone at a recruiting office...

Just my  :2c:

PS: :dontfeedmods:  They'll tell you to search, but won't be as nice as me lol :p

Thanks, I did search before posting, using the Google site:army.ca search, and no dice.  As for asking a recruiter, I suppose I could, and will if I get similar dates, however at this point in time it has absolutely nothing to do with me, and even when it does, its not like I'm about to say "What?! I have to sit in St. Jean with my thumb up my ass for 12 days? Then hell no I'm not joining!".

I am however innately curious, as I assume most people who read these forums on the outside are, and would be quite entertained with reading possible happenings during the gap of 12 days. 

Why did they put out 3 seasons of Basic Up? Obviously, watching the series isn't going to have any real impact on your personal BMQ experience. It's all about curiosity.

Either way, congratulations on your call!

I was actually wondering why 12 days myself.  I was under the impression that you got a few days or so to get your bearings at CFLRS, but I'd never heard of anyone having that many days between flying out and course start.  It's possible the person I talked to at the RC made a mistake on the fly out date.  Either way, I'll be ready to fly out for 5 March.  I guess I'll see when I get my papers after swear in.

Lare said:
Ill sneak a quick question in here, with leaving march 5th, and the course starting the 17th

dev_tech said:
It's possible the person I talked to at the RC made a mistake on the fly out date.

Yep.  I'd be checking that.  It sounds like you should be flying on the 15th and not the 5th.

Lare said:
Why did they put out 3 seasons of Basic Up? Obviously, watching the series isn't going to have any real impact on your personal BMQ experience. It's all about curiosity.

Where did you find a 3rd season? lol

Back