• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ September 2007 - ALL locations Thread

I have heard some pretty good things about CFB Borden.

Can't wait to start BMQ there.

Agent Zero said:
I have heard some pretty good things about CFB Borden.

Can't wait to start BMQ there.

Really? Borden is a nice little base and all, but it's almost like doing BMQ at Connaught Ranges...

Does anyone know if CFSAL runs RMS Clerk course year round? 

Well, often when I'm up at Connaught during the Summers, they are running RES BMQ courses (I think) up there. Could be another course, but the kids are all pretty new at it.
Connaught Ranges is just that...Ranges. Admin buildings, Mess, 5 shacks, the ACNSTC, a few shooting huts, and the RCMP's buildings. Training grounds are pretty limited, although they do have an "Assault Course".

Borden of course, has many more training areas, as well as space. But as far as I know, other than training trades, and MPs.....it's mostly for the RES, and Blackdown for the Cadets. Although, I think there's a Reg Air Wing there.

CF_Lifer said:
Borden of course, has many more training areas, as well as space. But as far as I know, other than training trades, and MPs.....it's mostly for the RES, and Blackdown for the Cadets. Although, I think there's a Reg Air Wing there.

Borden is home for the following schools CFSAL, CFSEME, CFSATE, ACA and others......Hardly "mostly RES and cadets" dont you think ?

Something about one's lane.....

That was fast! Someone's up on the computer late too!
No, hardly RES and Cadets, but the CFSEME could definitely be "Training Trades", wouldn't it?
I'm not sure what schools the other acronyms stand for.

CF_Lifer said:
That was fast! Someone's up on the computer late too!
No, hardly RES and Cadets, but the CFSEME could definitely be "Training Trades", wouldn't it?
I'm not sure what schools the other acronyms stand for.

CFSAL = Canadian Forces School of Administration and Logistics
CFSATE = Canadian Forces School of Aerospace Technology and Engineering
ACA = Air Command Academy

Thanks, I'll be sure to remember those in the future! Hopefully, I can provide a more accurate opinion based on that information.
You edited in that bit about staying in my own lane awfully quick!

CF_Lifer said:
Thanks, I'll be sure to remember those in the future! Hopefully, I can provide a more accurate opinion based on that information.
You edited in that bit about staying in my own lane awfully quick!

The site owner didnt hire me for my boyish good looks

Hey People! Big change of plans. Instead of leaving OCt 1st, I've taken an earlier opening! Leaving Sept 10th for St. Jean. See you all there! Feel free to msg me if you are leaving the same time.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Borden on September 10th! Enjoy your last 3 weeks as civies!

Josh1r said:
Looking forward to seeing you all in Borden on September 10th! Enjoy your last 3 weeks as civies!

Actually less than 2 weeks for me.

Agent Zero said:
Actually less than 2 weeks for me.

Enjoy your next two weeks Agent Zero, Even though we wont be training together doesn't mean we wont be experiencing the same hardships.. Good luck and Enjoy your new career!

CF_Lifer said:

CFLRS Det, CFRG HQ and 400 Sqn which is roughly 60/40 Res/Reg.

CF_Lifer said:
Really? Borden is a nice little base and all, but it's almost like doing BMQ at Connaught Ranges...
Really?  Seems to me that Borden is the biggest, and main training base for the CF.  Also, the facilities for BMQ are second to none.  Ie: the field house, the main gym. the private recruit training room (brand new circuit/weights/spin bikes), and the 2 pools.  I'm not sure if it is almost like doing basic at Connaught. ::)

pspforester said:
Really?  Seems to me that Borden is the biggest, and main training base for the CF. 

Really?  You must not get out much or are a real new guy........

pspforester said:
Really?  Seems to me that Borden is the biggest, and main training base for the CF. 

Could have sworn that that was Gagtown Gagetown seeings as most of the schools are located here at Combat Training Centre  :D Even the Enginner school now belongs to CTC thus completing the circle of having all schools under one command.

Seems to me that Borden is a large training base, considering the number of schools located here.  Tiny training area though, not even worth mentioning....  ;)

Borden Training Establishments:

Canadian Forces School of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering (CFSEME)
Canadian Forces Health Services Academy (CFHSA) [also known as CFMSS (medical)/CFDSS (dental)]
Canadian Forces Chaplain School and Centre (CFChSC)
Canadian Forces Fire Academy (CFFA)
Canadian Forces Nuclear, Biological and Chemical School (CFNBCS)
Canadian Forces School of Administration and Logistics (CFSAL)
Canadian Forces Training Development Centre (CFTDC)
Canadian Forces Military Police Academy (CFMPA)
Canadian Forces Language School (Detachment) Borden (CFLS (Det) Borden)
The Canadian Forces School of Aerospace Technology and Engineering (CFSATE) - 16 Wing
The Air Command Academy(ACA) - 16 Wing

Other Units:

Canadian Forces Recruiting Group Headquarters (CFRG HQ)
3rd Canadian Ranger Patrol Group (3rd CRPG)
700 Communications Squadron (700 Comm Sqn)
Naval Reserve Training Division Borden (NRTD Borden)
Regional Cadet Support Unit Central (RCSU Central)
400 Tactical Helicopter Squadron (400 THS)
31 CF Health Svcs Centre

Back