• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ September 2007 - ALL locations Thread

I handed in the final part of my medical files last Friday, I passed the interview, CFAT and Medical test, I am currently waiting for my responce from the recruitment center, seeing as I live in Montreal, I hope to be sent to St.Jean by September 10Th, Just awaiting my phone call. I will inform you as soon as I  get my responce.

I have just a quick side question if you do not mind, anyone feel free to answer. I was wondering how long you waited to get your call once your final papers were in, thanks in advance.

sincerely, Future infantry
:salute:
-Joshua

Josh1r said:
I handed in the final part of my medical files last Friday, I passed the interview, CFAT and Medical test, I am currently waiting for my responce from the recruitment center, seeing as I live in Montreal, I hope to be sent to St.Jean by September 10Th, Just awaiting my phone call. I will inform you as soon as I  get my responce.

I have just a quick side question if you do not mind, anyone feel free to answer. I was wondering how long you waited to get your call once your final papers were in, thanks in advance.

sincerely, Future infantry
:salute:
-Joshua

Being in Montreal doesn't actually get you selected any faster to go to St Jean than any other recruit out there.

If you'd like to know about people getting their call, there are a VERY wide range of answers about that all over the site here.  Some people its a week, others 3 years.

Hey Testify! I'll be joining ya for BMQ on Sept 10. Leaving from Charlottetown PEI. Offered Armoured Crewman. Gonna be a heck of an adventure... definitely a change from my regular university psych classes.

Hammond,

No doubt eh.  I'm coming from college (booooring!!) 
I'm going infantry.  See ya there.

Josh1r,

My interview was on a Thursday and I was called back the next Friday.  So 8 days.

Hey meridian, In no way did I mean that living in Montreal would make the process any faster. I was referring to the fact that since I live next to St.Jean, I was hoping to be sent there and not anywhere else that is all. I did a search for previous posts about the waiting time and had trouble finding posts, maybe I did not word my search properly, I would be more then happy if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks alot Hammond, I appreciate the responce.

Well I will stop posting under this topic until I get my call so good luck guys, I look forward to seeing you on the 10Th. ::)

Oops I meant thanks Testify I appriciate the responce.

If it Helps Josh I had my interview and med July 4th and was called on the 10th with an offer. Hope you get a speedy process too.

Thanks hammond, I will msg as soon as I get an answer, I will call the recruitment center Tuesday or Wednesday to see if my medical results are back from Ottawa.

I'm going to St. Jean on Sept3. I'm from Kingston and going into Field Artillery. Hope to see you guys there  :)

Got the call yesterday!!!! I knew I'd been accepted, as soon as the Clerk Cpl. said he was calling from CFRC Toronto.
Only 51 days to go! Hope it goes by quickly!
Can anyone from the earlier serials tell me if there was a bus to St.Jean, or did you guys have to cab it? Depending on the number of recruits showing up at Montreal?

CF_Lifer said:
Can anyone from the earlier serials tell me if there was a bus to St.Jean, or did you guys have to cab it? Depending on the number of recruits showing up at Montreal?

Congratulations. Thank you for signing up.

As for the bus thing, asking about previous serials is probably unnecessary with respect to your own.  Just wait and see if they offer one... getting to St Jean really is the last thing you need to worry about - most people seem to be able to get there!  (Not to mention there are threads around here that explain how to get there the long way (bus, metro, bus) from the Airport.)

CF_Lifer said:

I was watching a 20 minute video on google.video search BMQ, in the first 4-5 minutes of this video you see new recruits at what looks to be an airport, they are speaking with someone of higher ranking who states "the bus should be here any minute".. Now weather or not this is the case, I dont know but, only speculation on my part.. But the answer lies where all the answers lie, at the recruitment center, or in the forum lol.. good luck finding the answer..

josh1r... this has been discussed ad-nauseum on the forum.

If there are enough pers coming in on the same flight, and the military has a bus and driver! to spare, they go and pick up.  If you all come in at random times from different places, then you all go yourselves. Since every course has people coming from different areas, it is impossible to draw correlation between one course to another.

It is all reimbursed anyway, so whats the big worry?

I'll also be going for the sept. 3 BMQ.  Although I'll probably not see any of you since I was put into the French BMQ.

I should know in a few days if i go or not as long as they kept to their 2 weeks we'll call you
Late august early sept you should be leaving is what they said

*crosses fingers*

We'll be done on the 14th then.  Will we get Christmas time off right then or will we go do a bit of MOC training and then take a Christmas break?

Anyone know?

Testify said:
We'll be done on the 14th then.  Will we get Christmas time off right then or will we go do a bit of MOC training and then take a Christmas break?

Anyone know?

Doubt it very strongly... most people wait at the very least a couple weeks to begin their MOC training

Testify said:

Anyone know?

I know we'll be told this on course...but is there a leave period between BMQ and SQ? If not, how long is it, or can it be, until you are on course?

Back