• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

HarleyRobin said:
Hey! Not me, i'll be leaving from Toronto.

I'm curious about what everyone else is doing training-wise at this point too? I've been working on my push ups, they're definitely my weakest point still, so i've been working with free weights and doing planks too, to try to build up more strength in my upper body and core. Need to really work on that more though because my push ups are still bad. Also going for runs or hikes most days, and swimming at the community centre for a few hours once or twice a week.

I'm going to start shopping for/organizing everything I need for my kit list (that we need to bring ourselves) next week, too. Excited about that :)

thats awesome, keep working on your pushups. when i started pushups i could do like 7 at most and now i can do 30+. do a set until you wanna puke and then wait a minute and keep doing it and keep doing it every day.

my running is my weak spot, which is a surprise cause i used to be a wide receiver for football, so im working on running.

So what have you guys been doing? Have any of you gone for your enrollment ceremony yet?

thats awesome, keep working on your pushups. when i started pushups i could do like 7 at most and now i can do 30+. do a set until you wanna puke and then wait a minute and keep doing it and keep doing it every day.

my running is my weak spot, which is a surprise cause i used to be a wide receiver for football, so im working on running.
does anybody know of anything that we should pack that isnt listed but will be helpful to bring?

I'm leaving on July 23! As far as what to bring, basically bring everything that came on the email package that your recruiter sent you. It's also on the forces site http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school-joining-instructions.page#annex-b

I was made aware you should watch what you bring like things you should just buy at the CANEX since they want everyone on your platoon to have the same thing during inspection. There is much info on this forum about to bring. Just Google it!. Good luck everyone!.

This has good info
http://army.ca/forums/threads/34712/post-271149.html#msg271149

just to know everyone a bit more, as there is a likely possibility that we are all on the same platoon.

Me (OS Hatfield - Marine Engineer) - 30, single, some prior time in the CF(all at ASU St-Jean). Currently unemployed but prior licensed apprentice mechanic with over 6000 hours logged.

You will all know me by pvt sole. I'm going com research, as I mentioned earlier. I'm from Nova Scotia but currently reside in petawawa ontario as my spouse is in the cf as a mcpl. I've been here 6 years now.
I'm 23 but will be spending my 24 birthday on week 2 of our basic.
We have 2 children. A daughter who is 3 and a son who is 5. So hopefully on weekends off no one will be offended if I don't join the course to go drink. As often as possible time off will be spent with my family.
Previously I trained horses and coached riding lessons. Upon completing college I became a paralegal.
Looking forward to meeting everyone and starting this new journey together!

Lauramarie0608 said:
You will all know me by pvt sole. I'm going com research, as I mentioned earlier. I'm from Nova Scotia but currently reside in petawawa ontario as my spouse is in the cf as a mcpl. I've been here 6 years now.
I'm 23 but will be spending my 24 birthday on week 2 of our basic.
We have 2 children. A daughter who is 3 and a son who is 5. So hopefully on weekends off no one will be offended if I don't join the course to go drink. As often as possible time off will be spent with my family.
Previously I trained horses and coached riding lessons. Upon completing college I became a paralegal.
Looking forward to meeting everyone and starting this new journey together!
we'll try to keep it quiet about your birthday, so you don't end up doing birthday duty

You will know me as Pvt. Naylor. I'm going for infantry. I live in Regina, SK born and raised here. I just turned 20 this year. I was working towards my pilots license but it's very expensive so I decided to change things for a few years at least. I currently work at Costco so it will be nice to get out and gain some experience. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hey guys! I'm also going to be going to BMQ on August 8th! Super excited to be meeting a whole bunch of new guys & gals! I got accepted for a Avionics Systems Technician for the Air Force! I'll be leaving from Ottawa! :cdn:

Congrats to all of you for getting in. it will be nice to have some ncm's here. You will be the first ncm platoon to show up sence june. If you want tips come down to the bbq pit (smokers area) and talk to the older weeks. My platoon will have there week 8 eppilets when you show up and most of us don't mind steering you in the right direction.

looks like there will be 3 platoons starting at the same time, 1 French and 2 English

Just a quick question? What time should I arrive to CFLRS for BMQ?

I know I'm suppose to arrive two days before my courses start which is on the 6th of August, But which time should I arrive in order to have enough time to get settled in?

Thanks in Advance!

onlytyy said:
What time should I arrive to CFLRS for BMQ?

"You must report for duty no later than 2000 hrs on the Saturday preceding your course."
http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school-joining-instructions.page

onlytyy said:
Just a quick question? What time should I arrive to CFLRS for BMQ?

4 am.  You are expected to report to the Commandant's residence, in person.  Bang on the door loudly, as the door bell is broken.

You're welcome.

PPCLI Guy said:
4 am.  You are expected to report to the Commandant's residence, in person.  Bang on the door loudly, as the door bell is broken.

You're welcome.
And tell him PPCLI Guy from Army.ca sends his regards  ;D

And don't forget the single red rose for the Commandant's wife.  She will then be on your side if you have issues on course.

Is the guy next door still making those custom Granite Doormats

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back