• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

SarahRad said:
I was told not to make travel arrangements, that my RC would provide me with it. Also, does anyone have a list of things we need? I haven't received anything since the enrollment offer I had to sign and send in. I figured I'd get all of that when I swear in on the 4th but that's not a lot of time to gather things.

Feel your pain SarahRad. I haven't received anything besides the dates for enrolment and when they want us to leave for St. Jean. However, I have been in contact with the CFRC in Victoria regularly and many of the file managers are on leave and such which is likely why neither of us have got any other information. Hopefully soon though.. Fingers crossed!

achel said:
Feel your pain SarahRad. I haven't received anything besides the dates for enrolment and when they want us to leave for St. Jean. However, I have been in contact with the CFRC in Victoria regularly and many of the file managers are on leave and such which is likely why neither of us have got any other information. Hopefully soon though.. Fingers crossed!
Oh okay then! I was starting to think I should get in contact just to verify, even though I KNOW they told me not to book my own travel. Im glad others here have the link to the joining instructions, so we're not waiting on that. Hopefully we're contacted soon!

I was informed that you got all that information at your swearing in ceremony.  When I got the verbal offer (I never got anything in writing) they asked me how I was planning on getting to St. Jean.  They also told me to decide whether I wanted to swear to the queen or to God. I'm grabbing what I can here but be cautious because they may want everyone in your platoon to have the same colour of soap holder, toothbrush holder, etc.  I was told to leave that stuff until we get to St. Jean.

cp04dental said:
I was informed that you got all that information at your swearing in ceremony.  When I got the verbal offer (I never got anything in writing) they asked me how I was planning on getting to St. Jean.  They also told me to decide whether I wanted to swear to the queen or to God. I'm grabbing what I can here but be cautious because they may want everyone in your platoon to have the same colour of soap holder, toothbrush holder, etc.  I was told to leave that stuff until we get to St. Jean.
You never got anything in writing? Right after the phone call with the verbal offer, they sent me an email with a written enrolment offer to print off, sign, and send back ASAP.

0.o all I received was verbal also. Talked with my file manager today about what forms I will be needing ect. And he said I will be given all information needed during my enrollment, which unfortunately only gives me 2 days to gather/ complete everything :s

Hmm well it doesn't sound like the end of the world if you didn't get a written offer. It'll just be one more paper to sign when you swear in I guess?
And luckily the joining instructions are available here, so you can pack with more than two days notice. :)

Haha, it seems that way..

Quite true, luckily the list is small anyhow for non-cannex items :D

Grats to all of you! Im super excited going for my interview next week and im done the application process so if im really lucky and things move super quick I might see you haha high hopes!

Well, I guess I won't be joining the crew at CFLRS just yet.

I am required to develop some clarification regarding a medical question I said 'yes' to, and until that is done the job offer has been withdrawn, I have been taken from the merit list, and I am right back where I started.

This comes two days before my enrolment ceremony, and a week or so before my travel day. Talk about 60 to 0 in seconds flat.

The CF giveth, and the CF taketh away.

Swore in yesterday morning.  It was pretty exciting.

I am just wondering what everyone else was told regarding the course completion date/graduation date.  Online (CFLRS website) it states that our graduation will be on December 4, 2014.  On the posting message I recieved yesterday it stated that our graduation will be on December 5, 2014. Most graduations end on a Thursday, however there is also a BMOQ that is graduation on December 4, 2014.  Just wondering what everyone else was told and what your postings messages say!

On everything I got it said that my graduation gonna be on 5th December

I'm wondering about this too as I'm trying to prepare for booking leave from work/ and flights for my sons grad. On his paperwork it states his grad as Feb 6 (a Friday/ OCT 20 start date for BMQ) however cflrs website states and joining instructions state grads are Thursday afternoons. I think his grad will most likely be Thur Feb 5, and the course end date of the 6th is when he'll be leaving to begin travelling to his next course in Borden. I'm sure he'll receive more clarification as time goes on though :)

PMedMoe said:
Wow, can't believe it says that (yes, I looked at the link).  Stupid order.  ::)  Do they think you can't buy Kiwi polish, combination locks, towels, laundry detergent etc. anywhere else?  Or does someone have shares in the local Canex?

They have an assembly line type room aside from the normal canex that is just for the new kids.  You just walk along with a cart and staff throw the items in the cart.  This ensures everyone has the exact same items therefore the exact same standards can be upheld I.E. inspection layouts.

You will be advanced an amount of money in cash (can't remember the exact amount but its just a bit more then what you need for all the items.) just before you enter the canex so don't worry if your short on cash heading to basic.

Tollis said:
They have an assembly line type room aside from the normal canex that is just for the new kids.  You just walk along with a cart and staff throw the items in the cart.  This ensures everyone has the exact same items therefore the exact same standards can be upheld I.E. inspection layouts.

You will be advanced an amount of money in cash (can't remember the exact amount but its just a bit more then what you need for all the items.) just before you enter the canex so don't worry if your short on cash heading to basic.
Things may have changed a bit (I graduated BMQ April 24th.

Contracts and offers in writing: In my experience some work differently then others. On my BMQ platoon some received them prior to enrollment while other such as myself did all the signing of paper work at swear in.

Travel Plans: POMV's were allowed case by case it seemed. Couldn't narrow down a for sure answer while at CFLRS.  Some were told they could and others they couldn't. I also received my itinerary for flight etc at swear in.

Canex/Supplies/Advance: My cash advance was $300. And I also had the $150 they suggested to bring in the joining instructions. My advise on this. Take $50-$75 and exchange it for loonies and toonies (you will see why when at about week 2-3 dont spend all of it) Everyone HAD to take the advance. The assembly line room is the only time your allowed at canex for the first 4-5 weeks (indoc period) So smokers. Buy a carton while at the assembly line room of canex. Some instructors will throw stuff in your cart and others make you use the canex list. My staff had 1 of each lol.

You all are putting to much thought into it. My advise, relax. Enjoy this moment of opportunity. Focus on your families as "the game" starts when you get to the airport in MTL. Be focused and determined. You will be surprised how much can happen in 3 mths both personally and relationally.

Also start practising your ironing, folding and if you don't know how, how to tie a tie.

Pack light as you "could" be lugging your luggage up 12 stories (no excess to elevator until after Grad day. So roll your clothing, towels etc to fit as much as possible in your suitcase. Items such as irons, hair dryers etc. Near everyone will bring. So if you limit your packing forget those items as they are easy to borrow. If you don't shave everyday. Start it may hurt/irritate at first but your face skin will start to get tough. Better now then in the cold of October while in the field.....

Hope this helped. Good luck to all of you in your course!

Warwick said:
I'll see you boys there! Infantry recruit reporting Sept. 6th, out of Ottawa. I'll be the tall guy.  :cdn:

I'll be there.  Comms research op, also out of Ottawa. 

Hello,
I got a job offer for AVS tech today! I am going to basic on October 27th. Anyone else going then?

I'm starting BMQ that day also!! I got offered EGS Tech last week. I'm excited to leave!

Back