• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

I have done my autobiography but I dont really found necessary to bought stuff
I already have everything they ask to have the first day.

What you bought ?

I was told not to make travel arrangements, that my RC would provide me with it. Also, does anyone have a list of things we need? I haven't received anything since the enrollment offer I had to sign and send in. I figured I'd get all of that when I swear in on the 4th but that's not a lot of time to gather things.

SarahRad said:
I was told not to make travel arrangements, that my RC would provide me with it. Also, does anyone have a list of things we need? I haven't received anything since the enrollment offer I had to sign and send in. I figured I'd get all of that when I swear in on the 4th but that's not a lot of time to gather things.

Yeah I am supposed to swear in on August 27th and starting BMOQ from September 1st but have not received any kind of package like I had been told to expect in the mail.
Don`t think CAF is very good with sending documents/papers on time.. Hope everything else takes place in an orderly manner..

You will receive this (I got it by email from my file manager) http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school-joining-instructions.page Lower at the page you see the things you need not big deal ^^

Zulopol said:

What you bought ?

An autobiography? You seriously have to write an autobiography to bring with you to BMQ? What is the reasoning behind this?

ace1125 said:
An autobiography? You seriously have to write an autobiography to bring with you to BMQ? What is the reasoning behind this?

I see you have not done much reading here.

You have to write an autobiography to bring to BMQ.  That fact has been mentioned hundreds of times.  The guidelines have also been mentioned hundreds of times as to what they expect your autobiography to look like.

And YES.....Get used to it.  You will have to write an autobiography for almost every course you will go on.

Did that help?

SarahRad said:
I was told not to make travel arrangements, that my RC would provide me with it.

I was given the impression by my file manager I would choose how I am to arrive, ie. Public transit, or personal vehicle. From that point you mark your route and inform your RC the expense of the train/ bus or airplane you arrive on for your expense claim. Someone please correct me if I am wrong here.

Zulopol

What you bought ?

I may be wrong again, but I am ensuring I have at least enough civilian change of clothes for four days, including most hygiene items like soaps, deodorant, dental, and razer. Aswell I have a few of the items bought while waiting such as; Hangers, shower footwear, iron, lint brush, soap + toothbrush containers. Just some simple items to be more prepared, and make time in the cannex easier, and faster.

SJantzi said:
Zulopol
I may be wrong again, but I am ensuring I have at least enough civilian change of clothes for four days, including most hygiene items like soaps, deodorant, dental, and razer. Aswell I have a few of the items bought while waiting such as; Hangers, shower footwear, iron, lint brush, soap + toothbrush containers. Just some simple items to be more prepared, and make time in the cannex easier, and faster.

The things should be buy at canex only so.. Im gonna buy it at Canex :p

SJantzi said:
I was given the impression by my file manager I would choose how I am to arrive, ie. Public transit, or personal vehicle. From that point you mark your route and inform your RC the expense of the train/ bus or airplane you arrive on for your expense claim. Someone please correct me if I am wrong here.

It is SO confusing,,  if you look at the cflrs website and this link suggests http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school-joining-instructions.page  it sounds like as if you are allowed to bring in your vehicle and park it there.

I asked my file manager and she said you are NOT allowed to bring your car while going on BMOQ because you will NOT be allowed to go out on the weekends. She said you could bring it when you are starting your course training/OJT (I believe) from December 1st..and may be allowed to take it out on the weekends.

She checked her records to see if they have booked an air ticket for me, NOPE, she said they will. I really hope they send me the ticket this week so I can plan everything accordingly..

Zulopol said:

Well enough said haha. I plan to ask my file manager tomorrow about items to be safe, and I will relay my answers! :)

cele-am said:
It is SO confusing,,  if you look at the cflrs website and this link suggests http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school-joining-instructions.page  it sounds like as if you are allowed to bring in your vehicle and park it there.

I asked my file manager and she said you are NOT allowed to bring your car while going on BMOQ because you will NOT be allowed to go out on the weekends. She said you could bring it when you are starting your course training/OJT (I believe) from December 1st..and may be allowed to take it out on the weekends.

She checked her records to see if they have booked an air ticket for me, NOPE, she said they will. I really hope they send me the ticket this week so I can plan everything accordingly..

Wow, well that is confusing. That may be the difference between BMQ and BMOQ?

Best of luck with getting that ticket soon. I hope I get some answers on my travel arrangements during my call tomorrow!

It may be due on the fact that they allow vehicles for those who live close enough from CFLRS

Zulopol said:

The Canex is a department store, no more, no less.  You can buy your stuff at Target, Wal-Mart, wherever you wish.  In fact, it might be prudent to get as much as possible before arriving because the Canex may not have enough stock.  Just a suggestion.

cele-am said:
I asked my file manager and she said you are NOT allowed to bring your car while going on BMOQ because you will NOT be allowed to go out on the weekends.

Your file manager is full of crap.  Unless you and/or your coursemates are complete foul-ups, you will have some weekends off.

mlavoie said:
It may be due on the fact that they allow vehicles for those who live close enough from CFLRS

You hit the nail on the head here.  They're not going to authorize someone from B.C. or Nfld to drive, but they may authorize it from locations closer to St. Jean.

Musician Nice ! Dont play too loud the enemie can hear you  :camo: *Just kidding

PMedMoe said:
The Canex is a department store, no more, no less.  You can buy your stuff at Target, Wal-Mart, wherever you wish.  In fact, it might be prudent to get as much as possible before arriving because the Canex may not have enough stock.  Just a suggestion.

Im living close to the ``Van doos`` Base I mean Royal 22e Regiment I could buy all my stuff at their Canex but They ask to buy it once at St-Jean not before, so I will not.
PART 2 of the Joining Instructions :
``The following items will be purchased by candidates exclusively at Canex after their arrival at CFLRS``
A order is a order I will do this

Zulopol said:
PART 2 of the Joining Instructions :
``The following items will be purchased by candidates exclusively at Canex after their arrival at CFLRS``

Wow, can't believe it says that (yes, I looked at the link).  Stupid order.  ::)  Do they think you can't buy Kiwi polish, combination locks, towels, laundry detergent etc. anywhere else?  Or does someone have shares in the local Canex?

PMedMoe said:
Wow, can't believe it says that (yes, I looked at the link).  Stupid order.  ::)  Do they think you can't buy Kiwi polish, combination locks, towels, laundry detergent etc. anywhere else?  Or does someone have shares in the local Canex?

I know but.. Thats the same as ``you must bring your basic toiletries (i.e. soap, towel, deodorant, toothbrush, shaving cream, etc.) in sufficient quantities for the first 3 days.``
Bring a little soap, a little shaving cream xD Nah bring a new one it will last longer

I imagine it probably limits the number of people buying the wrong stuff, either because they don't read, figure it's all the same, or maybe even in some cases has an overbearing parent for the younger folk who are convinced that any kind of polish/starch/that old flower-printed soap dish in the basement bathroom will do just fine.

Alright so I finally got my ticket. Will be flying from Toronto to Montreal for BMOQ. Still no word on the contract letter though. I am wondering if I will get one before I even start this thing.. :-\

dasfagott said:
I imagine it probably limits the number of people buying the wrong stuff, either because they don't read, figure it's all the same, or maybe even in some cases has an overbearing parent for the younger folk who are convinced that any kind of polish/starch/that old flower-printed soap dish in the basement bathroom will do just fine.

:nod: well enough said everyone. I was unable to get ahold of my file manager but yes your right Zulopol, and order is an order.. 
I had the same thinking as PMedMoe, but looks best to just follow the order and not ask questions :)

Back