• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ - PRes Full-time 32CBG (Toronto), Apr. 28 2024

IDF-96

Reaction score
Hello.

Is anyone doing their BMQ that starts on Apr. 28?
I live in the York region and it would be great if we can carpool.
Anyways, it would be nice to connect before we start it.

Thanks

Hello.

Thanks
I hope so. Stuck at medical greenlight from Ottawa atm We'll see!

Hello.

Thanks
Hey, which unit are you in? I am in the reserves and people are telling me there is no BMQ being run this summer after the 21st. I am in Ottawa.

Hey, which unit are you in? I am in the reserves and people are telling me there is no BMQ being run this summer after the 21st. I am in Ottawa.
Ottawa reserve units mostly belong to 33 Canadian Brigade Group.toronto is 32CBG. Depending on which organization is running the BMQ, availability in your area will vary. Reserve CBGs often run in-house BMQs that only have candidates for their units or other units in their region.

Yes, as @brihard said, 32CBG is the GTA area. We have 4 BMQs this summer, 3 full-time and 1 part-time.

Ottawa reserve units mostly belong to 33 Canadian Brigade Group.toronto is 32CBG. Depending on which organization is running the BMQ, availability in your area will vary. Reserve CBGs often run in-house BMQs that only have candidates for their units or other units in their region.

Do you know if it's possible I finish by BMQ with 32 Brigade Group Toronto?

Do you know if it's possible I finish by BMQ with 32 Brigade Group Toronto?
I can’t say; I’ve been out for five years. But in my 14 years with a 33CBG unit I never saw us send anyone to a 32CBG BMQ; simply put, BMQs are normally full and there’s usually a bit of a local wait list. In my time as the recruiting, assistant ops, and training NCO, I never sent a BMQ candidate out of area. Other courses yes, but none for BMQ.

There may also be full time summer BMQs somewhere that have room; potentially at a divisional training centre (each CBG belongs to a larger division- 31, 32, and 33 CBG all belong to the same one). But your best answer, and only correct and useful one, will come from your chain of command.

I can’t say; I’ve been out for five years. But in my 14 years with a 33CBG unit I never saw us send anyone to a 32CBG BMQ; simply put, BMQs are normally full and there’s usually a bit of a local wait list. In my time as the recruiting, assistant ops, and training NCO, I never sent a BMQ candidate out of area. Other courses yes, but none for BMQ.

There may also be full time summer BMQs somewhere that have room; potentially at a divisional training centre (each CBG belongs to a larger division- 31, 32, and 33 CBG all belong to the same one). But your best answer, and only correct and useful one, will come from your chain of command.
I'll ask them if I can train with the other brigade group, thanks. But so far they are saying it's highly unlikely I'll be on course.

You don't need to carpool. The CAF will pay for your flight or train ticket, or your gas if you tell them you want to drive.
The CAF does not pay gas if you drive, we pay a kilometre rate. As it is a reservist training at his local unit they may qualify for the RTAA if they live far enough away, can prove that there is no suitable public transport available and are on Class A service. If instead of training at the unit they needed to travel somewhere else on temporary duty they may not be authorized to travel by PMC, you don't tell them you want to drive, you request permission to drive instead of the AA selected MOT. Yes I know most cases it gets authorized but it is not a sure thing and especially for a Class A reservist as the policy is very restrictive.

The CAF does not pay gas if you drive, we pay a kilometre rate. As it is a reservist training at his local unit they may qualify for the RTAA if they live far enough away, can prove that there is no suitable public transport available and are on Class A service. If instead of training at the unit they needed to travel somewhere else on temporary duty they may not be authorized to travel by PMC, you don't tell them you want to drive, you request permission to drive instead of the AA selected MOT. Yes I know most cases it gets authorized but it is not a sure thing and especially for a Class A reservist as the policy is very restrictive.
That’s what I meant by pay your gas. I do know they pay your mileage, it’s not a reimbursement. It is a set rate based on where you are leaving from to CFLRS. I only brought it up because someone mentioned CFLRS.

Reservists do have access to a commuting allowance depending on where they live. Their OR can let them know about their eligibility and entitlements. And if they find someone who lives near them on their BMQ of course they can carpool together.

Porter airlines is building a new terminal in St Hubert, so by 2025 it will be more convenient to get there ;)

That’s what I meant by pay your gas. I do know they pay your mileage, it’s not a reimbursement. It is a set rate based on where you are leaving from to CFLRS. I only brought it up because someone mentioned CFLRS.

Reservists do have access to a commuting allowance depending on where they live. Their OR can let them know about their eligibility and entitlements. And if they find someone who lives near them on their BMQ of course they can carpool together.
Sorry but I deal a lot with people that were given exactly that kind of misinformation and took it to heart so tend to be a bit picky on it so I can hopefully avoid the argument with the members later. I hate having to tell people it doesn't matter what MCpl/WO/Capt/Col Bloggins told them as it doesn't mean jack shit because it was wrong.

So you are aware it is not commuting allowance? Commuting Assistance and Transportation Assistance for Class A Reserves although they have some similarities are two different things.

Sorry but I deal a lot with people that were given exactly that kind of misinformation and took it to heart so tend to be a bit picky on it so I can hopefully avoid the argument with the members later. I hate having to tell people it doesn't matter what MCpl/WO/Capt/Col Bloggins told them as it doesn't mean jack shit because it was wrong.

So you are aware it is not commuting allowance? Commuting Assistance and Transportation Assistance for Class A Reserves although they have some similarities are two different things.
I only mentioned the commuting allowance as a thing that exists for reservists. O did also state to go to the OR to check eligibility. Travel assistance is a thing to but neither of these things are things I’m an expert in hence the advice to go to the orderly room to check requirements and eligibility.

My apologies for calling it money for gas as opposed to money for kilometres. I. An go delete all my old posts as well to prevent he spread of misinformation if that makes it better.

Back