• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Nov 2010

I really wish this hadn't been moved while I was typing a big response.

I was being all sincere and meaningful and then I went to reply and it was gone and I lost it...

So I'll try again, but the moment is gone so it won't be nearly as good, haha.

---

I apologize for using the word, "tits".  I didn't think it was a big deal because I think context is what is offensive, not words.  I tend to operate under the same thought George Carlin had on words...  It isn't words that are bad, it's the people who use them, and the context in which they're used which makes a word seem bad.  But George Carlin is a comedian, and he's too dead to be someone who controls this board, and I should think more before I post. 

This isn't day-to-day life where you get to be your own stupid self, the board is different from day-to-day life in that it's a privilege someone has given me and I should be more willing to operate under the guidelines they have set out and asked all of us to follow.  I didn't mean to offend anyone with the statement I made because I do like this board quite a bit and I do respect the members here a lot.  At first I was defensive, but that was stupid, people see things differently.  So I accept responsibility for being a bit of a nimrod from time to time, but in this situation, I was wrong.

So my bad.  I won't do it again.  I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Start date Nov 8th!  Stoked!!! Has any one been sworn in yet for that start date?

Name is Rive, start date Nov 8th! boooyaa! from St. Catharines, going to be a Sig Op.

Barmecide said:
I just vomited in my throat a bit.
Anyone else getting really/really nervous?

I'm not so much nervous as I am anxious.  Also trying to spend as much time with friends as I can over the next two months haha.

Time sure is flying.  Less than two months now.

In case anyone is interested, I was reading the CFLRS site the other day and seen that our platoon numbers have been posted.  So any NCM's that start BMQ on the 8th, looks like we'll be either R0377E (R23) or R0378E (R24).

Cool stuff.

Can't wait.

Luke O said:
Time sure is flying.  Less than two months now.

In case anyone is interested, I was reading the CFLRS site the other day and seen that our platoon numbers have been posted.  So any NCM's that start BMQ on the 8th, looks like we'll be either R0377E (R23) or R0378E (R24).

Cool stuff.

Can't wait.

Hey man, did you get a call from our CFRC yet?  To like setup swearing in dates and get all the necessary information filled out?

owa said:
Hey man, did you get a call from our CFRC yet?  To like setup swearing in dates and get all the necessary information filled out?

You guys didn't get your swear in dates yet? You do paperwork when you go there, hence why they want you there at 8:30 and your guests at 11. ;D

EpicBeardedMan said:
You guys didn't get your swear in dates yet? You do paperwork when you go there, hence why they want you there at 8:30 and your guests at 11. ;D

I'm not sure about him, but I was told to expect a call sometime near the beginning of September to setup dates for everything, but I'll probably call them on Monday to make sure stuff is still good.  I'd imagine they're pretty busy but better safe then sorry.

I called them around the end of August just to check in.  He said I'd be receiving information in the mail at around the end of September into the first week of October with instructions.  And that our swear in would be around the 3rd week of October.

But that's just what I got from them.  If you get any other info let me know.

Luke O said:
I called them around the end of August just to check in.  He said I'd be receiving information in the mail at around the end of September into the first week of October with instructions.  And that our swear in would be around the 3rd week of October.

Yeah, sounds good.  I'll give them a call on Monday and I'll let you know how it goes.

Hahaha, I'm so stupid.  In the last 2 months I've broken my baby toe on my right foot at least twice.  I keep stumbling out of my room at night to hit a chair.  The first time really messed it up haha, but on the second time it was just messing up what was already hurting.

Makes running a real *****.  I feel every step, but I guess that's what I get for not learning my lesson.  :D

If I ever smarten up the thing will heal, otherwise I'm doomed for a life of annoyance when I run lol

EDIT:

Luke O said:

Yeah, I gave'em a call this afternoon.  They just said that they've got a new boss guy coming in (I can't remember the title they gave him) so they've been busy with that but that everything was good with my course date and that, as you said, we'd be getting information in the mail as well as a call from this new head guy sometime in the next couple of weeks to confirm dates and such.

I love how relaxed and nonchalant they are.  Here I am worried because they hadn't called me when they said they would and they're just like, "Everything's fine, don't even worry about it." So that's good to hear haha.  I guess I've heard so many horror stories and my application has gone so easily, I keep expecting something to come up!

Aw, crapola. I wrote an email to the recruiter that I first started talking to at the beginning of my application process, I just wanted to see if everything is still good with my application and if my swearing in is still set for Oct 21st. Basically just got an email saying, "call me."

FML. This can't be good.  =(

Barmecide said:
Aw, crapola. I wrote an email to the recruiter that I first started talking to at the beginning of my application process, I just wanted to see if everything is still good with my application and if my swearing in is still set for Oct 21st. Basically just got an email saying, "call me."

Let us know how it goes!

Barmecide said:

Don't think the worst!

And Owa I know what you mean.  I've had a relatively easy process as well.  But you always hear these stories and you feel if you don't hear anything that your application magicaly disappears or something.

Luke O said:
Don't think the worst!

And Owa I know what you mean.  I've had a relatively easy process as well.  But you always hear these stories and you feel if you don't hear anything that your application magicaly disappears or something.

Hahahaha, or end up like that guy who went to St. Jean but should've went to Borden haha.  Oh well, so far so good.

Back