• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ - January 2012 [Merged]

Congratulations to everyone who is already accepted  & good luck for pending one!
I'm at Montreal, getting sworn on Dec 14, start training on Jan 9... AERO..
Look forward to do it...

Hi all new to the site and forum. I am in the January 23 BMQ, Quebec in the winter yay cold, haha. Anyone else going for Air defence artillery? Seems like I'll be all alone lol. STarted my process April 2011 and Merit listed in June.... Random call last month and bam things are gonna get inetresting@

I will be starting January 23rd as well. I was called back in November with the job offer for RMS clerk. My initial start date was the 9th but suffered an injury to my hand (broken index finger) while playing basketball which is the reason for my change of date.
To "divermc" I will be coming from bradford which is just north of Toronto. My driving to basic will be down the 404 and on to the 401. Were you told that you would be flown in? 

divermc said:
I will be at CFLRS for Jan 23rd too. I was accepted for NESOP. Anyone else coming from Toronto or Kingston?

I'm from Kingston and will be starting my course on the 30th (arriving Saturday the 28th).

divermc said:
I will be at CFLRS for Jan 23rd too. I was accepted for NESOP. Anyone else coming from Toronto or Kingston?

I will also be going for Jan. 23. I'm from Toronto and going in for NCI OP.

AlltheFixins said:
I will also be going for Jan. 23. I'm from Toronto and going in for NCI OP.

Are you swearing in on the 11th of the new year in Toronto?

I'm on BMOQ starting jan. 9 and have a question. Is room and board covered as part of our training or do they take money off our pay to cover that cost?

Hey Leafer, here is a previous post mentioning the cost of R&Q if you are single.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/80871/post-772402.html#msg772402

7. If you are single, you must pay rations and quarters throughout your stay at the School at a cost of $425.00 per month.

It has changed a little bit in pricing - I'm there currently and we pay (approx, I'm not looking at the sheet at the moment):
110ish for Quarters (IE your room cost per month)
Around 450-500ish for Rations (IE what you eat at the mess - no, there is no cheaper solution but hey, it's all you can eat..... in 10 minutes).

Works out to around 600ish. If you are married (or common-law - IE you have a dependent) you will likely be exempt from paying Rations and Quarters however.

Exciting time - I may even just see some of you here at the Mega. Good luck!

Air1337 said:
Hey Leafer, here is a previous post mentioning the cost of R&Q if you are single.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/80871/post-772402.html#msg772402

Ayrsayle said:
It has changed a little bit in pricing - I'm there currently and we pay (approx, I'm not looking at the sheet at the moment):
110ish for Quarters (IE your room cost per month)
Around 450-500ish for Rations (IE what you eat at the mess - no, there is no cheaper solution but hey, it's all you can eat..... in 10 minutes).

Works out to around 600ish. If you are married (or common-law - IE you have a dependent) you will likely be exempt from paying Rations and Quarters however.

Exciting time - I may even just see some of you here at the Mega. Good luck!

Thanks gentlemen. I appreciate the help

I have read so many different breakdowns on deductions that I'll just wait to see how it is when I get there. At the end of the day, I would be spending at least 600 a month on a place let alone meals, so in any case its a good deal.

I have  my pay statement here and it's 95$ for quarters, and 524.66 for rations plus a small 0.58 for taxe.

You're in my sister platoon R41 Ayrsayle?

edit : nope you're goint to be an infantry officer, so you're certaintly not R41 ;)

I fully admit I could have been off by a little on either, but that's still within my margin for error. Nope, L11 in blue sector - and only on the 7th floor too!

pdupre said:
I have  my pay statement here and it's 95$ for quarters, and 524.66 for rations plus a small 0.58 for taxe.

You're in my sister platoon R41 Ayrsayle?

edit : nope you're goint to be an infantry officer, so you're certaintly not R41 ;)

Ayrsayle : Yeah well I had my pay statement just in front of me so I thought I would give him the exact amount, it wasn't to make you look bad or anything.

ahah, i'm just over you -> i'm R45, blue sector, 8th floor ;) so I probably have seen you in the stairs or at the laundry room...

Hello everyone, I'm starting my BMQ course at Saint Jean on January 21st, I have a FB group with 30 or so members already for those who are leaving at the same day, please send me a message with your name and id love to add you to it so we can get to know eachother before we arrive.

You can also find me and message me on facebook @ Clement D Bergeron

Thanks! :cdn:

Bergeron525 said:
Hello everyone, I'm starting my BMQ course at Saint Jean on January 21st, I have a FB group with 30 or so members already for those who are leaving at the same day, please send me a message with your name and id love to add you to it so we can get to know eachother before we arrive.

You can also find me and message me on facebook @ Clement D Bergeron

Thanks! :cdn:

There is no need to duplicate your post in a new thread.

The Army.ca Staff

I get sworn in tomorrow, so I'll be attending the January reserves BMQ starting on the 14th.  :)

Back