• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ January 15th - Saint-Jean

Correct. We had another platoon start the exact same day as ours did. This is sometimes referred to as your 'sister platoon'.

sigopgirl said:
Correct. We had another platoon start the exact same day as ours did. This is sometimes referred to as your 'sister platoon'.

Thanks guys..that is what I thought....but I guess I will have to wait 4 weeks and 1 day to find out for sure.....woo..haha.. getting closer and closer..haha I think I am more excited for this then xmas...haha

well I talked to my recruiter just now...was curious on how many friends/family I could bring to the swearing in tomorrow... and she also told me that there is more then one course starting....and we know for sure that me and my buddy shawnNB are not on the same course..aww well...still going to push each other as much as we can.

how many people did she say you could bring to the swearing in? and how did you find out you and your buddy are not on the same course? did they give you a platoon number?

hey.....well she said bring as many as I want......only two of us swearing in..me and my buddy and she told me about me and him not being in the same platoon..no numbers though...sorry man

ohh ok ok i was about to call the cfrc and ask for a platoon number lol

Goodluck on your course, you'll make good friends and have a blast. I know I did.

BiNkY said:
ohh ok ok i was about to call the cfrc and ask for a platoon number lol

well there is too courses started..but not sure what the numbers are he said he couldn't tell me...

It`s great to be excited...but using the cap badge of a Regiment you are not part of yet might mislead or pi$$ off the folks on here from that unit.  It is something you will earn...

I am in St-Jean now, the Mega is dark and quiet.  It is waiting for you...muwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Have a SAFE and Happy Holidays, don`t do anything STUPID that involves the Criminal Code and screw yourself out of your CF career!  Drinking and driving is the first one that comes to mind.  If you can afford to booze it up on New Years`Eve, tuck the $10 away for a cab troops.

Merry Ho-Ho, see you in `07!

Mud Recce Man said:
Have a SAFE and Happy Holidays, don`t do anything STUPID that involves the Criminal Code and screw yourself out of your CF career!  Drinking and driving is the first one that comes to mind.  If you can afford to booze it up on New Years`Eve, tuck the $10 away for a cab troops.

Well Put!!

Mud Recce Man said:
It`s great to be excited...but using the cap badge of a Regiment you are not part of yet might mislead or pi$$ off the folks on here from that unit.  It is something you will earn...

I am in St-Jean now, the Mega is dark and quiet.  It is waiting for you...muwahahahahahahahahahaha!

haha a couple people on my BMQ got busted for DUI and the're still on course...

Xfire said:
haha a couple people on my BMQ got busted for DUI and the're still on course...

Really!  They weren't going Armour were they?  They would require a Driver's Lic to be able to be employed in the Corps.  If they are not permitted to get 404's due to a DUI, then they are worthless.  Think about it.

MonctonBuzz.com said:
really...caught during the basic...or like before?..... that crazy....

it happend i think on the weekend of week 8. None of them were going armour one was infantry and the other RMS clerk. 

There have been a few "mis-haps" at St.Jean, our sister platoon had a brawl at a bar and a meeting with the MP's after that.

alright guys/gals...the count down is down to a week. are you excited..nervous..scared...hell I know I am so pumped...been training a little bit harder..

woot woot... Saint-Jean here we come...

MonctonBuzz.com said:
alright guys/gals...the count down is down to a week. are you excited..nervous..scared...hell I know I am so pumped...been training a little bit harder..

woot woot... Saint-Jean here we come...

All that I can tell you is don't get discouraged by the amount of 'Martha Stewart' tasks you'll have to do. Alot of the beginning of basic is sewing, sewing and more sewing along with ironing and all that snazzy stuff. It'll get better  :)

im heading to st.jean at that time to  looking forward to it :)

getting sworn in on jan 10th and then leaving for quebec on the 14th i believe :)

Well things seem to be pretty much at full swing here at the Mega.  Woke up at 0515 for some personal PT, and was greeted by the sound of troops outside conducting morning PT.  Ahhh. 

For anyone interested, there is no snow here yet, lots of wind, and lots of training going on.

:pushup:

When you report in, make sure that you follow the speed limit signs.  The MPs pop out of no where's with their little ticket books and smiles  ;D.

I got sworn in on friday in Hamilton, catching my flight on saturday.

Cant wait!! See you all then!!! :cdn:

Back