• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ in Borden Ontario

MysticLies

Inactive
Reaction score
I surfed this part of the forum and can't seem to find a thread about BMQ in Borden, I saw ones for other BMQ locations but none specifically  for Borden. So I was just wondering if any one knows how the Barracks condition for Borden are, do groups get assigned roams, or is a large amount of people put in this huge room? *sorry if this has been brought up before*

You  share a room with 3 other recruits. Your platton will be confined to a floor.

I'm almost finished the recruiting proccess and if all goes well I'll be going to Borden this Summer, Yay! lol. I'v heard some not so good things about borden, including a HIV scare. If anyone can share their experience at Borden please do so. Thank you.

SoF said:
I'm almost finished the recruiting proccess and if all goes well I'll be going to Borden this Summer, Yay! lol. I'v heard some not so good things about borden, including a HIV scare. If anyone can share their experience at Borden please do so. Thank you.

It was good. Very hot. Spring and summer you run everywhere. Winter and fall more bussing.

I heard the temperature really depends on where you come from. i live in South Ontario, so the weather in Borden is practically the same as were I live. But I here the ones that suffer the most are the ones that come from B.C and places up north. All I can say is that it gets pretty hot around here. ;D

never heard of the HIV scare thing....was it serious?

MysticLies link-

"never heard of the HIV scare thing....was it serious?"

Yes, a lady was arrested and charged for knowingly passing the HIV disease to some soldiers on the base with out telling them she was infected.

Well I know to keep my pants zipped when I go there; not that I was expecting to get any anyways lol.

Does anyone know what the washrooms are like in Borden?

SoF said:

5 shower stalls, 8 bathroom stalls, sink room and a smaller bathroom with 2 showers and a toilet. What kindve question is this?

hmmm?  I thought BMQ where given in either Meaford or St-Jean.  I had heard a rumor of SQ in Borden, but BMQ also?

I'm in the process of joining and I reside on Base already (Borden).  That would be... ohh... so great.

Please tell me more!

doucelotus said:
hmmm?   I thought BMQ where given in either Meaford or St-Jean.   I had heard a rumor of SQ in Borden, but BMQ also?

I'm in the process of joining and I reside on Base already (Borden).   That would be... ohh... so great.

Please tell me more!

Holly crap.......same freakin questions all the time hey  ::)

Reg force BMQ is in St-Jean

Res force BMQ are in a variety of places......

Clear as mud ?

SoF said:

Ummm does it matter? You will end up by getting very familiar with them when you clean them everyday.

The BMQ that is ran in Borden is for the Naval Reserve and some Air Reserve.
It's a great course, I went through it 2 years ago...It's a good time..

-KaT

I was told that BMQ in Borden starts on June 25th. Is that the same day you travel there because I have a school exam on the 24th in the morning so I'd like to get the specific date incase I have to ask my teacher to write the exam early.  Also I live about 5 hours south of Borden; do you think they'll send me there in a train or plane?

SoF said:
I was told that BMQ in Borden starts on June 25th. Is that the same day you travel there because I have a school exam on the 24th in the morning so I'd like to get the specific date in case I have to ask my teacher to write the exam early.  Also I live about 5 hours south of Borden; do you think they'll send me there in a train or plane?

I know for a fact that it starts on June 27. we might get there on the 27th or we might be leaving on the 27th. transportation really depends on your unit size and local location. I live about 5-7 hours away from Borden, and only have 18 members going to BMQ, so we are all heading there in a bus. I heard train is worse then the bus. now if you live very far from Borden, and have a lot of people from your unit going, then you  most likely would be taken a plane. But anyway they well tell you everything you need to know ahead of time, So no real need for panic.

side note about the HIV scare: wow, that must have been one crazy lady, I hope none like here show up. now I am kind of glad I have to fill    all clearance checks.

HIV scare: 

side note about the HIV scare: wow, that must have been one crazy lady, I hope none like here show up. now I am kind of glad I have to fill    all clearance checks.[/color]

Maybe that lady had some psychological problem, (most probably), but how about all those guys who accepted to have UNPROTECTED sex with a stranger?  Just because she happened to offer it they accepted?  Easy to blame only the girl... look at both sides of the coin. 

ps: by the way, I,m not at all defending her acts, but it takes 2 parties (at least :p, to have a sexual intercourse)

For those who've been to Borden for BMQ what kind of things are there to do  in your spare time; if you get any lol, like is there a weight room.

your right it does take 2, the men who actually slept with her were at fault also. that's why I said that must have been one crazy lady, instead of that must have been one crazy ladies, praying on innocents victims. (which in a way she was, but you get were I am going)

I don't know how much spare time we actually get in BMQ, but my recruiter said that after the fourth week, were are allowed to spend the weekend outside of the base....Tornonto is only like an hour and so away, so thats where people mostly choose to go. But for those who don't have cars, well most likely go the nearest town to Borden, which I think is called Aganus, its a very small town(or city) with nothing really big to do. Oh and you have to be 18+ to go overnight, and if you are under 18 you need to go with Kin(any Family member)

As for on the base, you well be told all that when you arrive, I am pretty sure you would be to busy at first adjusting to worry about spare time activities.

Back