• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ/ Borden ACS

Guy. E

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, My name is Edward Guy.

I posted a topic alot like this one in the AF section, but it isent realy working out to well over there... i am new to these boards and in the process of joining the AF. however i am not new to the military, I was born in CFB Chilliwack and posted to CFB Shilo with my family since my father who is now retired form the regs and doing the Moe' thing as a Vehical tec. for what its worth (probibaly not alot), i did the Air Cadet thing for a wile too.

i already did a search for BMQ in St Jean and found one topic semi usefull to me but dident anser all my questions (http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/36487.0.html ) . my question is this: what actually goes on in BMQ ? the recruiting sight isn't alot help, it just gives the BASIC outlines as I'm sure allot of you know. id like to know physically what you do as well as everything else that goes on.

my next question is how is the ACS course for those of you who might know? ( aircraft structures tec) itss the only thing i am applying for. what is all required once enlisted on the coursefor training and everything?

unfortunetley my dads time in the reg army and mo's doesent realy help to what im asking (already talked to him about it). its been over 20 years since boot camp for him. and ALOT of things have changed.

Thanks for your time.

E Guy

Guy, welcome to the forum. There are a lot of people who will help you here but you may get blasted for opening a new thread on the same topic and content.

Try this thread - BMQ video.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/33476.0.html

Hello Guy,

Welcome to the forums.

I did bmq last June in Borden. There were a few reg force airforce recruits in with us. Basic training is pretty much the same for all elements, it's after basic training that the differences occur.

As far as what actually goes on in bmq, it's pretty simple really. BMQ = basic military qualification. It's anywhere from 8 weeks - 13 weeks now IIRC and what goes on there is training. You will be taught, by qualified instructors, everything you need to know to be basically qualified for the CF.

I'm concerned that you seem to need someone to tell you exactly what is going to happen on a day-to-day basis. That's just not realistic. Those of us who went there or are going there didn't have an agenda. We read the material the recruiter provided, maybe read through the recruiting site and then this forum. What more can we tell you?

Back