• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ-April 2009

Mosher said:
Unfortunately i havent received a call yet and it's been 5 weeks as of yesterday the medical. Hopefully i'll get that call this week or early next week and i can join you in this exciting turn of event.

You should call and ask how it's going with your medical..ask them when exactly it reached the RMO because before I called the RC to ask them about mine, I thought it reached the RMO by February 20 but turns out it didn't get there till around the 28th so I've only been waiting not even 3 weeks instead of like 41/2 (how long I thought it's been). So just call and find out when it reached their and how long they think it could take to come back.

Hello,
I appologize in advance if this is under the wrong category, I wasn't sure if I should put it uncer Recruiting or Training.

anywho, I got the call today I get sworn in March 31st and Start BMQ in St. Jean, QC on April 13th.
Just looking to see if anyone else is in that course with me, I am in Infantry.
I am in Toronto and wanted to see if anyone was going that I could get a ride and chip in for gas or wants to travel by train with me?

Thank you!

odie said:
Hello,
I appologize in advance if this is under the wrong category, I wasn't sure if I should put it uncer Recruiting or Training.

anywho, I got the call today I get sworn in March 31st and Start BMQ in St. Jean, QC on April 13th.
Just looking to see if anyone else is in that course with me, I am in Infantry.
I am in Toronto and wanted to see if anyone was going that I could get a ride and chip in for gas or wants to travel by train with me?

Thank you!

I will see you there!

I got called today, I'm starting BMQ April 13th also, and I'm going for Infantry, I got my location too as RCR in Petawawa  :nod:

Anybody else going on April 13th? I'm dam nervous lol

I'm also doing my BMQ on the 13th of April, I was told I'll be leaving the weekend before so like the 11th or 12th..

I'm going for Infantry with PPCLI...I can't wait I'm very excited!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I Get sworen in March 25th and get sent off for an 8 hour train ride April 5th and start my life on the 6th as an Armoured Soldier.

Pte./Recruit Howe

Thats awesome! Congratulations all. Im going to call the office tomorrow since its been 6 weeks now and havent heard anything. Hopefully ill get the notice this week and will be joining you, ill be in for infantry RCR petwawa. Good luck to you.

I'm hoping to get into 3RCR in petawawa. Right now I'm just waiting for my medical to clear it's been almost 4 weeks now so I'm hoping to get a call soon. Good luck with your offer, hopefully they call us soon.

I just called them and they said im approved and on the merit list and should get a job offer within 2 weeks.

That's great! I will be seeing some of you guys there!
I get sworn in April 3rd, flying away from my beloved BC on April 11th for April 13th BMQ.
I'm going for Infantry Soldier in PPCLI

Nikonian said:
That's great! I will be seeing some of you guys there!
I get sworn in April 3rd, flying away from my beloved BC on April 11th for April 13th BMQ.
I'm going for Infantry Soldier in PPCLI

Nice man, I'm getting sworn in on April 2nd, flying out of Edmonton on the 11th for the 13th BMQ. I'm also going for Infantry with the PPCLI

Get sworn in on the 27th, fly out on april 11 for the 13 :D  For PPCLI

I just got my offer today and I leave bmq April 13 and swear in March 31st!

So I got the call I start BMQ on the 13th of April, anyone else?
I'm in the Infantry course, if anyone else is leavingfrom Toronto is there anyone who wants to takethe train with me, or if they are driving up can i chip in for gas and come along?

Well I got my job offer today.  I swear in this thursday, and I fly out on April 11th from London to Toronto, then fly from Toronto to Quebec.
I wonder if the plane from Toronto to Quebec will be 1 separate flight with most military members or will it be throughout the whole day?

Would be nice to meetup with some of you so we aren't all strangers when we get there haha

yo thunder see if you can exchange your plane ticket from Toronto to Quebec, and jump on a train with me! its almost half the price from flying from Toronto to Dorval(i just looked it up cheapest flight is $138 with taxes, train is only $72) If not no worries we'll meet up in the airport before the shuttle bus.

odie said:
yo thunder see if you can exchange your plane ticket from Toronto to Quebec, and jump on a train with me! its almost half the price from flying from Toronto to Dorval(i just looked it up cheapest flight is $138 with taxes, train is only $72) If not no worries we'll meet up in the airport before the shuttle bus.

Forgive me if I am way off base but does the CF not provide the airplane tickets making cost not quite an issue?

I fly in on the 12th

Yes, the CF pays for and arranges your tavel. Once the tickets are purchased, there is additional expense to get them changed. If the change if for military purposes, the change is approved, if it is for personal reasons (like above), the change should not be approved.

Yes, the CF covers all travel.  I would not suggest to anyone to make changes to their booked travel.  Great way to start out in the CF by not bing able to follow simple orders. 
rolleyes.gif

Back