• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ-April 2009

stevea32 said:
Congrats man I am starting the 20th as well, hopefully i can shake this chest cold before i go though really would suck starting out sick

Congrats! Just out of curiosity, when were you merit listed?

I really have no idea about being merit listed, I got the job offer on Monday the 6th though

Drink lots of orange juice and let the damn thing run its course.  Unless it gets worse, then see a doctor.

BravoCharlie said:
Wash your hands a lot too

You should always do that anyway, even when you're not sick.  After all, it's not like you can catch the cold you already have, right?  ;)

Thanks for the advice, i think the let it run its course is probably the best , lots of rest and good food i guess really don't need this on my mind though, but what can ya do eh, I will just muster through it if i have to, and yes washing your hands after your sick doesn't make ya better, just prevents other people from getting what you have

Good luck shaking that cold bud, would suck starting out like that but I'm sure you'll be fine!

Day 2 today since I took my stuff in and was Merit Listed. Too much to hope that I get a job offer by tomorrow? Probably.. but my fingers are still crossed I get one before the long weekend. I've heard 3 buisness days, and I've heard longer.
Again, I'll let u guys know if I hear. Every time my cell phone rings I get a little excited.. haha

Hand washing is a great habit especially beacause me and at least 60 other recruits
really don't want to catch that bug on Sunday or Monday, or the next 15 weeks.
:threat:

Nice congrats Borat!
Called them today.. my background check is being done. Recruiter said I should have a job offer by next Wednesday at the latest and probably for the last week in April (Course Start April 27). Looking forward to it!

LukerB said:
Nice congrats Borat!
Called them today.. my background check is being done. Recruiter said I should have a job offer by next Wednesday at the latest and probably for the last week in April (Course Start April 27). Looking forward to it!

So April isn't full? I was merit listed late last week, hoping to get my offer by next week. I sure hope i get into that Apr.27 course and not have to wait until June.

By the sounds of it, no. But I don't work at the CFRC so don't take my word for it. I'm hoping to get into that course as well. I was just told by a few people that they were called today about being references so it sounds like my file is moving along nicely.
You were merit listed last week? From what I hear, you should be getting a job offer any day.. and if you haven't yet you might want to call. From my understanding once you're ACTUALLY merit listed its unusual to go more then 3 buisness days without getting a job offer. The woman who I spoke with today at the CFRC informed me that usually once you are merit listed you get a call within HOURS not days.. so you may want to give them a call.
Best of luck!

According to my file manager, whom I was talking to today, they are still loading courses for April.  Also because I asked, those being loaded on a June BMQ won't be getting contacted until the last two weeks of May.

Well that confirms that theres no BMQ in May whatsoever.. I wasn't too sure, but thank you for the clarification Lil_T!
Still have my fingers crossed that I will get into the last April course. I'm very very nervous, but we'll see how it goes. I guess if my references got called today then thats a good thing. If I'm supposed to be hearing by next Wednesday (according to the recruiter) then I'm assuming it will be for an April and not a June course?

Back