• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Age group

apple said:
why was the word camping replaced with Camping in this thread?

why was Basic Military Qualification replaced with camping

Thinking tha same thing, must be an A-Pril F00ls j0ke.   ???

Basic Military Qualification -> Camping
Apr1l F00ls ->>> Perfectly serious joke
Canad1an f0rces ->>> space marines
Afganistan -> Iraqistan
Royal Canad1an Regiment ->>> Royal Chicken Regiment
Light Armored Vehicle -> '95 Honda Civic
A*rmy -> Knuckle dragging herd

and it's not just that their are other words which have been replaced

like the word "tango hotel echo" which now shows up as "tha" :D Glad you all see the humour behind it!

Now I'm going to go talk with my friends about BMQ in the Canadian Forces. ;)

On my BMQ last summer (PRes)

the oldest was 48, after it was me 33 and a few were 29 and so ON, There were quite a few of 17. but in the end...it does not matter. what import is that you do your best and help each other out.

mysteriousmind said:
On my BMQ last summer (PRes)

the oldest was 48, after it was me 33 and a few were 29 and so ON, There were quite a few of 17. but in the end...it does not matter. what import is that you do your best and help each other out.

Word.....I'm waiting for my call can't stand waiting:) but teamwork is essential nonetheless who cares about age we're all just minds in bodies as long as we do not cut ourselves off to learning new things from people of any age, then we grow as people and in wisdom.  The minute we think we know everything or are subjective due to age is when you stop learning a variety of aspects of life.  It's hard to see the picture when you only have a couple pieces of the puzzle.

props on that statement though mysterious

I just completed BMQ. I found in the 4 platoons that went through with me that the majority (about 3/4) were 18-24, and then the last quarter of us were over that age any where from 25-40.  The drop out rate for people over the age of 25 seemed very high to me especially for women.  They almost always quit though, very few were forced to leave.  The older group seemed to often arrive in very poor physical condition which makes the course a lot more stressful and tended to lead to people quitting.

Back