• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ 8 Jan Borden- Who's going?

Congrats bud!  Any word yet as to where they will be sending you?  ...and when?

*Points to topic title*  ;)

So I guess I shall be seeing you there.

I did my basic at Borden this summer so I know what you fellas will be going through. If you have any questions feel free to pm me. :)

I have a question. I want to do my BMQ and i am still in Gr.12 high school.  How could i do both seeing that the high school may interfere with this, or will it be out of the way? Thanks

Reserves I assume? Why not just wait until the summer when you have graduated?

MP101 said:
I have a question. I want to do my BMQ and i am still in Gr.12 high school.  How could i do both seeing that the high school may interfere with this, or will it be out of the way? Thanks

You do your bmq during the summer.The summer courses are shorter to accomodate highschool students but that just means you will have to learn some of the material (first aid training, sharpe training, etc)  at your reserve unit prior to going away for basic. Even if bmq starts during your exams you may be able to arange with your school to write your exams earlier.

Mithras said:
In case anyone gives a rats arse, accepted my offer.. going in as Comms Research Operator.

Going to be a busy month :).

Mithras,

Since you can choose your element with Comms Research which element have you chosen? Personally, I chose Naval element.

Crimson said:
Mithras,

Since you can choose your element with Comms Research which element have you chosen? Personally, I chose Naval element.

My element was actually chosen for me, but it was what I would have chosen anyways.  The element I was put in was Army.

I'm going for jan 8th. Selected for Armoured. Borden is 15 mins away from home.

Congrats Icedude...  did they give us our intake number yet?  I had heard our intake is 0053, but not sure if there will be other BMQ courses with the same start date.

iCaz said:
Congrats Icedude...  did they give us our intake number yet?  I had heard our intake is 0053, but not sure if there will be other BMQ courses with the same start date.

I am not sure how intake numbers work but I assume everyone going for the 8th has the same number, if you are interested the number I was given was 0053.

It is your Course Serial #.  Everyone with the same number...is on the same course.

Usually.

;D

Mud Recce Man said:
It is your Course Serial #.  Everyone with the same number...is on the same course.

Usually.

;D

So am I to assume that I/we should be on the look out for certain personnel?

As in me?

Naw.

I am headin' to St-Jean.  RFD 07 Jan 07.

:D

Great... so I will have to smuggle in all my Army.ca goodies...

I'm seriously considering taking the sticker off my laptop...  ;D

bah.

I am not going to be lookin' for people.

More like...hidin' from them...

Like...the SCWO  ;D

Okay, I'm ready to go now.  Can't stop thinking about Borden... and getting a start on this.  Whoa!    :blotto:  Looks like Graduation will be on Friday the 13th!  :dontpanic:

iCaz said:
Okay, I'm ready to go now.  Can't stop thinking about Borden... and getting a start on this.  Whoa!    :blotto:  Looks like Graduation will be on Friday the 13th!  :dontpanic:

Haha and I thought I was excited, we still have 4 weeks to go mate!

Mud Recce Man said:
As in me?

Naw.

I am headin' to St-Jean.  RFD 07 Jan 07.

:D

Would have been interesting to get that posting back in September, hrm? ;)

Back