• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ Regular Force 2014 - 2017 [Merged]

MapleFlag said:
I wish to know what I can do to mentally and physically prepare myself for BMOQ.

Four months to BMOQ, how best to prepare.
http://army.ca/forums/threads/94834.0

MapleFlag said:
what is BMOQ like (from experience; I've already read the CAF website)?

BMOQ
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+MPO+civilian&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=i7uiVpnPB-mM8QeFsLaoDg&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca+what+is+BMOQ+

Hello,

I am a DEO applicant and I've completed all application procedures (CFAT/interview/med) and I am just waiting to be merit listed (been about a month since I submitted my last document to RC).

I saw from CFLRS that the last BMOQ start date was Feb. 1st.

I was just wondering when will the next selection date for DEO start?

I heard the trades open up in April.

Thank you.

Maybe try in the "Selection Dates" thread in the Recruiting forum. DAA is really helpful and hopefully he can answer your question.

Nevertheless, based on what you've said it sounds like you want to know which BMOQ course you're going to make. Just to let you know, I received my offer on January 13 and my BMOQ start date is May 23 so I would be very surprised if you were on a course earlier than that.

reinvented said:
I received my offer on January 13 and my BMOQ start date is May 23 so I would be very surprised if you were on a course earlier than that.

According to the CFLRS website, there are only three start dates, they are in October, January, and February respectively. Since reinvented's BMOQ start date is on May 23rd, does this mean that there are more than three course dates for BMOQ throughout the year?

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school.page

From what I understand that website only shows a few courses at a time. I am sure there will be many more than just three..

Thank you reinvented for your post!

I just wanted some idea of the dates that BMOQ are held. So that I can plan some important upcoming event's date..

I messaged DAA but s/he told me that they didn't seem to have any schedule for 2016/2017 yet other than what is shown in CFLRS website.
Also CFRC answered with vague reply.

But at least now I know there is one in May 23. Hope I get in to that course.

yscho88 said:
Thank you reinvented for your post!

I just wanted some idea of the dates that BMOQ are held. So that I can plan some important upcoming event's date..

I messaged DAA but s/he told me that they didn't seem to have any schedule for 2016/2017 yet other than what is shown in CFLRS website.
Also CFRC answered with vague reply.

But at least now I know there is one in May 23. Hope I get in to that course.

You are correct!    The next DEO BMOQ is scheduled to start on 23 May.  Selections for this serial will probably be sometime in early Apr if not sooner.

Hi,
So I guess French DEO BMOQ is also scheduled for 9 may? Since french BMOQ is usually scheduled 2 weeks before English DEO BMOQ.
Thanks

DAA said:
Selections for this serial will probably be sometime in early Apr if not sooner.

My medical is scheduled for March 24th, 2016. Hopefully a month for my medical file will still grant me a shot for the DEO BMOQ in May.

Just got an offer as a Signal Officer and I'll also be starting in May 23.  :salute:

yscho88 said:
Just got an offer as a Signal Officer and I'll also be starting in May 23.  :salute:

There you go!  I guess they are NOW doing selections for the 23 May DEO BMOQ.  And there are NO other DEO BMOQ's currently scheduled to start until early Sep 16.

Just got an offer for DEO Intelligence, attending the May 23 BMOQ. See you guys there!  :salute:

DAA said:
And there are NO other DEO BMOQ's currently scheduled to start until early Sep 16.

Darn... I'm not too keen on doing my current job for another 6 months, would be nice to get into the one in May. DAA would you mind letting me know how many spots there are in a DEO BMOQ please?

BlueAngels14 said:
Darn... I'm not too keen on doing my current job for another 6 months, would be nice to get into the one in May. DAA would you mind letting me know how many spots there are in a DEO BMOQ please?

Both a BMOQ and a BMQ Serial have a "max" load of "60" per serial.

DAA said:
Both a BMOQ and a BMQ Serial have a "max" load of "60" per serial.

Oh I see that's a higher number than I had expected! Thank you very much for your prompt response DAA!

brewski5000 said:
Just got an offer for DEO Intelligence, attending the May 23 BMOQ. See you guys there!  :salute:

Congrats! See you there. Weren't you going through ACS? I guess Intelligence was your first choice?

Thanks! Congrats to you too. I did go through ACS, but they offered me Int. I only chose trades in which I'm super interested, and this one's really rare to get, so I'm excited.

brewski5000 said:
Thanks! Congrats to you too. I did go through ACS, but they offered me Int. I only chose trades in which I'm super interested, and this one's really rare to get, so I'm excited.

Yeah I was actually considering applying for IntO as well but I heard that they pretty much only take people who already have experience in the military so I never even bothered putting it on my application haha.

Back