• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ Regular Force 2014 - 2017 [Merged]

Hope you had a nice swearing in ceremony goarmy2014. I found out I'm in platoon L0049E.  :christmas happy:

Swore in today. Ceremony was nice. Only four people at the swear in ceremony. All four of use were assigned to platoon L0049E. 2 pilots, 1 infantry officer, and a dentist. Sounds like the start of a joke  ;D

I'm on 0049E as well.  HCA coming from Fredericton.  I swore in with an Intelligence Officer who will also be in the same platoon.

I think 0050 will be a bilingual platoon since some have it as F and others as E

It's listed as 50E online, but could be a french section within the platoon? I'm not sure if that's a thing... either way, I'm looking forward to meeting and working with everyone.

It looks like L0050E and L0050F are combined into the same platoon 21. The more, the merrier  :subbies:.

flatlander13 said:
It's listed as 50E online, but could be a french section within the platoon? I'm not sure if that's a thing... either way, I'm looking forward to meeting and working with everyone.

Maybe. If not I will be happy to practice my English!  :nod: Looking forward to meet you guys!

Has anyone been told whether certified true copies of documents (diploma, etc.) are required for your arrival at St Jean if your recruiting centre has it on file? In the joining instructions it says you don't have to bring them if they are on file, but I've heard from people who previously attended St Jean, that the CFLRS does things their own way.

drbones,

My recruiting center gave me a certified copy on all the documents I will need to bring with me in St-Jean, my birth certificate, my wedding certificate and my bachelor diploma.

drbones said:
Has anyone been told whether certified true copies of documents (diploma, etc.) are required for your arrival at St Jean if your recruiting centre has it on file? In the joining instructions it says you don't have to bring them if they are on file, but I've heard from people who previously attended St Jean, that the CFLRS does things their own way.

Last time I was in at the CFRC, I had two guys help me, both of whom seemed like they were really on the ball, and both very helpful, yet one was certain I did need to bring those copies, and one was certain I didn't need to bring those copies. So it's possible the communication on that isn't clear even to the recruiting centres.  I'll be  bringing them regardless. If St. Jean doesn't need them, all good. But if they do, I don't want to show up without them.

drbones said:
RyanHealy29 said:
Last time I was in at the CFRC, I had two guys help me, both of whom seemed like they were really on the ball, and both very helpful, yet one was certain I did need to bring those copies, and one was certain I didn't need to bring those copies. So it's possible the communication on that isn't clear even to the recruiting centres.  I'll be  bringing them regardless. If St. Jean doesn't need them, all good. But if they do, I don't want to show up without them.

Many years later, this may be a source that you can access to remember places and dates that you have served and with whom.

Many years later, it is also a source which you can access to remember dates and places you may have been.

Many years ago, I began to learn how important it was to keep all documents on my own personal file.  I arrived in CFB Gagetown for Phase III Armour and they had no idea I was coming.  Thankfully, I had in my hand a copy of my Posting Message and all was good after that. 
On that point, the same goes for all your Pay Stubs, Medical Chits, PERs, PDRs, Crse Reports, MPPRs, Messages pertaining to Postings or any other important career influencing action, and any special Letters and Commendations.  The system is not exempt from "Murphy's Law" or someone making a wrong key stroke when entering data.  Technology is not infallible.  You may have to bring in your own personal copy of any of those in order to correct a data error. 

Thanks for information. I'm currently working on having certified true copies provided prior to my arrival to St Jean. My military documents binder will keep growing.

George Wallace said:
Many years ago, I began to learn how important it was to keep all documents on my own personal file.  I arrived in CFB Gagetown for Phase III Armour and they had no idea I was coming.  Thankfully, I had in my hand a copy of my Posting Message and all was good after that. 
On that point, the same goes for all your Pay Stubs, Medical Chits, PERs, PDRs, Crse Reports, MPPRs, Messages pertaining to Postings or any other important career influencing action, and any special Letters and Commendations.  The system is not exempt from "Murphy's Law" or someone making a wrong key stroke when entering data.  Technology is not infallible.  You may have to bring in your own personal copy of any of those in order to correct a data error.

Thank you for sharing this. I'm now going to go out and pick up a binder for all of my papers to go into.

Moore said:
Thank you for sharing this. I'm now going to go out and pick up a binder for all of my papers to go into.

A binder indicates you only plan on a one term contract to serve.....You will require a large file cabinet if you want to make the CAF a career...  ;D

George Wallace said:
A binder indicates you only plan on a one term contract to serve.....You will require a large file cabinet if you want to make the CAF a career...  ;D

Haha you make me so excited for the paperwork I'm getting myself into, does anyone have a personal assistant or secretary?  :D

Back